Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #1  

Default Getting through ONE day ...

Why do I feel like I can't even get through ONE day of low carb eating? I am so addicted to carbs and sugar. I have tried Atkins and low carb diets before and the longest I lasted was 3 weeks. I drop tons of weight FAST when low carbing because I am insulin resistant.
So today I am on day one and I feel like I would rather be dead than have to eat like this - and it's true, if I don't start eating like this FOREVER I WILL be dead My children are only 6 and 4 and I am a single parent, and theyd on't have anyone else. They need me in their lives and I feel like I won't be there for them because I am so addicted. It's as if I need to be in a lock down facility to stay away from carbs and sugar!
Thanks for letting me vent, I am hanging in there but it is all I can do to start eating like this again.
And BTW I have tried low fat and calorie watching diets and they just don't work - the only time I have ever lost weight is when i watch my carbs, so I just have no choice but to do this
PCOSbattlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:42 PM   #2  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

Hang in there it gets easier with time. I know the first few days or weeks can be so hard but the end result is so worth it.
need2loseinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey battlefield

We have other PCOS folks! Check out the Dieting with Obstacles area of the forums.

About your hard times--yes, any restriction is hard to take at first. I'm sure you know that you don't have to cut out ALL carbs--even in phase 1 of the lower carb programs you are allowed to have SOME small amounts. Check in with the folks on the Low-Carb diet forums here on 3FC--they may have some helpful tips.

Keep in mind that you do NOT have to do this forever! Yes, you'll probably have to keep an eye on carbs for the rest of your life, as well as follow other healthy eating guidelines, but the early part is the strictest part--later on you'll have more leeway. And it will work! You won't feel deprived later on! I promise--those cravings will start to go away as long as you hang on and don't give up!

Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:49 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

When I started my lifestyle change I greatly reduced my carbs. Greatly. The only carbs I ate were those from veggies (no potatoes) and my morning high fiber cereal.

It was difficult. But just for the first 2 weeks or so. And then it got incredibly easier. I was shocked just how much easier it did in fact get. It was the best decision I ever made. Elminating those so called "bad" carbs, the foods I greatly overate, was the answer for me to getting a grip on overeating them and my weight overall.

Get them out of the house first of all, the less temptation the better. And replace them with good healthy foods. Cook up a bunch of green beans. Slice up some cucumbers. Have foods ready to eat so when a craving hits - you'll be able to combat it with something else.

Hang in there - NO MATTER WHAT!!! I know it's hard, but it IS doable. You WILL get through it and it WILL be worth it. Good luck to you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone, I am hangin in! Still doing good. I did have some carrots fro snack so that is helping.
Since I'm having such a miserable day, I decided to make my South Beach Diet pizza for dinner. Hopefully this will help me feel like I am getting to have a "treat" . I know it has some carbs but I'm just kind of doing an assorted dieting plan which just uses what I know from atkins, low carb, diabetic, and south beach diets.
As for getting them out of the house - my kids are the biggest challenge for that! They are extremely picky, and my son has Autism so he will only eat certain foods. I do a lot of things to make their meals healthier like using reduced sugar yogurt, syrup, and jelly and reduced fat peanut butter & hot dogs. But it just gets so hard with all of their kid foods in the house! I am cutting down a lot on their stuff too.
PCOSbattlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:46 PM   #6  

Dieting in general is hard, no matter what diet you follow. But I think, for me at least, low carb would be the hardest one. I love pasta, bread, and fruit. But if that is the best way for you to lose weight, and it will prolong your life for medical reasons, it is well worth it. You can do this!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Hey there!

Dieting is SO difficult at first, and incredibly unnerving! When I first started my weight loss journey, I was incredibly cynical because I felt like I put on so much weight that I was heading towards the point of no return. But now? I'm steadily losing weight and incredibly happy, even IF it means eating less! My point is that once you see results, you'll realize it's all more than worth it
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote