South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Default bad bad week

I was home all this past week on vacation from work... and I guess I was on vacation from SB too because I have been soooo weak and made some bad choices. This is my first time falling off the wagon and I am proud of going this long without it but my gosh I need to get back to it. Ha ha this is the first time I'm looking forward to going back to work Monday.

Ok, so any advice on damage control? How do I get the lose going again
Old 07-15-2007, 03:33 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Get your head on straight and just jump back onto the Beach. If you're having cravings, redo Phase 1. If not, just get back on Phase 2 and buckle down. Set yourself some small goals, like stay on plan for three days and then look at your menus again and go another five days or something. Baby steps.

Glad you're back!

Kara
Old 07-15-2007, 08:47 AM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

my best advice is if you are really feeling out of control then you need to do phase 1.

i did that back in march when I became 'the girl that can't say no' and a full 2 weeks on P2 really reset my mindset and helped me.

I am planning phase 1 again after labor day since i will be out of town for the two weeks before the holiday on a road trip and I am sure it's going to be hard for me.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #4  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I agree with the others. If you've been loading (I almost said "poisoning"...wow) your system with carbs, it may be too hard to do Phase 2 properly without undergoing the detox that is Phase 1. When I goofed up Phase 2 right after starting it, I did 3 days back on Phase 1 and then was able to move on.

Your weight loss results are phenomenal though. So we're all rooting for you to get going all the way down to 140. You've really done great job!

L
Old 07-15-2007, 07:16 PM   #5  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 170/160/120

Height: 5'4"

I guess my farming roots are showing, but when the horse bucks you, get back on. With only eight lbs. left to lose (wow!! great job!!) I'd start right back with P2, unless your hunger is out of control in which case you might need P1 to get back in line. I guess at this point I think you should expect weight loss to not be very speedy, and to start (slowly!) transitioning to P3.

ETA: Just want to explain my logic. I think it's a great idea to head back to P1 when you're feeling out of control, but I think there's danger in jumping to P1 for every setback. I recently read a SBD review by a woman who said she had to restart P1 three times because she had a piece of fruit! Now, by no means am I comparing that to the OP, but I do get concerned about the mentality of "Oh no! I went off the plan--now I need to start over!" I would worry that too much of that leads to yo-yo dieting, which is part of what SBD seeks to avoid.

Last edited by City Girl; 07-15-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:35 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Girl View Post
ETA: Just want to explain my logic. I think it's a great idea to head back to P1 when you're feeling out of control, but I think there's danger in jumping to P1 for every setback. I recently read a SBD review by a woman who said she had to restart P1 three times because she had a piece of fruit! Now, by no means am I comparing that to the OP, but I do get concerned about the mentality of "Oh no! I went off the plan--now I need to start over!" I would worry that too much of that leads to yo-yo dieting, which is part of what SBD seeks to avoid.
Great Advice City Girl. Welcome.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:08 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

I totally agree with City Girl. P1 about busting the cravings. but doing it over and over is not good. it becomes yo-yo dieting and that's not what SBD is about.

However, I am a HUGE believer in having a FOOD WISE perfect P1. not in terms of amounts but in terms of the ACTUAL FOOD...

i ate way more cheese and protein than was recommended in P1... i sometimes had 4 string cheeses per day...

and beans? forget it cans and cans of roasted chickpeas..... daily.

it's about getting the hunger under control.

now i find on LIGHT grain days I am not hungry much... it does happen you just have to wait it out...
Old 07-16-2007, 10:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks girls, today is weigh in day for my and fortunately I still lost .5lb over the last week so no damage done (except for the possiblity of losing more ) So I think i'll just keep on trucking. I can say that I learned a huge lesson tho that I need to remember when it comes time for maintence
Closed Thread