Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 11:07 AM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr olds #153

Glenda: Sounds like you had a great weekend. Im sure it was fun watching Austin. Fun to spoil little babies!

Ann: Bet your neighborhood is beautiful! Thats great that it was voted nicest in the village!

Phyllis!!!!!! Hi good to see you! Been a long time. How are you doing? BCB moved to their own site a long time ago.
Havent seen Joise or Pam in a while.

Slavika: Hopefully by the end of the holidays it will slow down for me. Im keeping my fingers crossed anyways

Peggy: Im sure at the mailroom it will get worse to, with all the last minute things getting shipped. People like my DH always wait til almost the last day Cute poem!

Maria/Yum: Maintaining is good. This time of year it is really hard. And its better to maintain than gain so you are doing great!

Maria: How is that DH of yours doing?

Im on Jury Duty this week. So far I havent had to go in just call. Hopefully I wont! But you never know.

Back to work, have a great day!

Last edited by LilyG; 12-18-2001 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-18-2001, 06:39 PM   #2  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Lily .....what, you didn't have enough to do, now jury duty too. Hope you don't have to go in.

I went to WW today, and didn't have to give them any of my Hawaii money. I lost 2.2# this week. I weighed 151.4. YIPPEE

Maria hi there. I haven't seen you here for a day or two. Is all going well with you and DH?

Talk to you all later.
Old 12-18-2001, 08:25 PM   #3  

Good work, Slavika!!
Thanks for the welcome, Lily. It's good to read about how well you've done.
Yum Yum, I was reading some about where you live, and am not sure if I've ever been there. Indiana is a great place to live. ...... Lots to do, pleasant scenery and VERY nice people.
Slavika, I read somewhere you gave a recipe for punch? What kind? I'd be interested to know what it is.
Right now...I am having trouble knowing who is who..so forgive me until I can get back into this some. I'm NOT avoiding others comments...just can't remember anymore..LOL
Everyone calls me pc...it's easier the type
Will check in again.

pcmom
Old 12-18-2001, 10:40 PM   #4  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: WTG! Not losing any of that Hawaii money! You had a great loss! I had a good one this week to. I tried the Wendie plan cuz my leader has been talking about it and it seemed to work to get me under my personnel goal.

PC: Not to worry you will get the hang of every thing again. What have you been up to? Still working alot?

Have a great night all!
Old 12-19-2001, 12:26 AM   #5  

Yes, Lily, I still am. What is the Wendies plan? Also, do we still have a chat place ? Or just use this one?
pcmom
Old 12-19-2001, 07:19 AM   #6  

Way to to Slavika on not losing Hawaii money. Have you given you know who you know what yet? We are all enquiring minds and want to know what it is. Off to another day in the mailroom. Can't believe all the stuff going out this week. They have left their mailing till the last minute and can't believe that it might not make it for Christmas especially the lady who sending something to Australia. Have a good day,
Old 12-19-2001, 09:08 AM   #7  
Fun Blonde

Slavika - Pat yourself on the back. Losing weight during this season is such a great accomplishment! And being within sight of your goal has to be a great Christmas present!

Lily - can you refresh us on the Wendie's plan? I was going to do it once and then just didn't. But I think it might get some of us off center.

We have our office reception tomorrow. The food will be breakfast--my favorite meal. I have to make sure I don't taste even one thing or I am a goner.

Glenda
Old 12-19-2001, 10:02 AM   #8  

More sunshine today! Hooray! We have been so wet here it isn't funny! So depressing to sit inside and wait for the rain to stop.

What is the Wendies plan? I just log all the food I eat and try to stay at 1200 calories or less. What do the rest of you do? I know some of you are on WW. Anyone else following a special plan?

Coming down to the wire with Christmas. I took the turkey out to defrost yesterday, and made low fat Oatmeal Raisen cookies.

Things I am grateful for today, top five:

1. Sunshine

2. Health

3. Friends

4. Warm snuggly house filled with love

5. My animals
Old 12-19-2001, 10:29 AM   #9  

Thumbs down

Hi
I am back.....I have been having a problem getting on this site.....but thanks to Slavika and Trudy they figured it out.
I haven't even been able to read the posts so I am totally out to lunch.
My family is doing much better than the last time I posted.
I am also improving.
I am just so happy to be able to post here and chat with you girls.
Is everyone ready for the holidays?
The only thing I did this year is decorate and buy and make some gifts.
So I can say I am ready.
We won't be entertaining so there isn't that much to do.
Hope to catch up on some of the posts soon.

Dee
Old 12-19-2001, 11:42 AM   #10  
Life Time 2001

PC: I took the chat down because no one used it.Never could get in there at the same time. The recipes are still there tho. Email me and i will send you the URL [email protected]

Peggy: People always seem to leave it to the last minute. Cant believe some one thinks it will make it to Australia by Christmas.

Glenda you will do fine at the Office reception tomorrow.

Dee!!!!!! So good to see you Glad that the family and you are doing so much better.

To those who ask The plan is here:

Wendie Plan

Best get to work
Old 12-19-2001, 03:57 PM   #11  
Super Surfer

Talking ...about you know what

Hi ladies, sure have enjoyed reading all the posts and the poems. I have been quite busy and really so tired when the day was done I just didn't feel up to posting. The weather is a bit cooler and drier today, the sun is shining, and I do feel better. It has been so damp I really had problems with it. I got all my crafts done, presents are wrapped, baking finished, did some heavy duty cleaning and I guess I am ready for the holidays. I didn't bake as much or buy as much this year. We give presents to our DD and SIL all year round so I didn't drive myself nuts looking for more at Christmas, like I would usually do. We are just giving them a few things each. For the Granddog we bought a little bear that plays the Macarana when the tummy is pressed, and in her case when she chomps down on it. Have a back-up present too, a little white cat that meows when pressed. The back-up is just in case she destroys the bear before the day is done .
Peggy I guess you have been in suspense long enough. Our friend Slavika made me a beautiful wreath that is hanging on my front door. It is a grape vine with a Santa, wearing a long red coat that is trimmed in "fur", bird nests on poles, little birds, a Christmas tree, and stars, all carved out of wood and hand painted by the "Master Crafter". I think she might have cut down the tree, planed the wood and cut it out by hand as well She did such a lovely job. She also made other wreaths, and hanging placques. I saw one yesterday that was a reindeer. She is so talented, don't you let her tell you any different.
Dee what a nice surprise to find you here today. We are all so happy you and your family are doing so well now. You all went through such a rough time.
I have to tell you gals that Dee is a wonderful crafter too. She decorated her home so beautifully. She has such wonderful ideas in that beautiful head. She gave me a little treasure that is unwrapped under my tree. Can't wait to open it.
Hi PC Nice that you have come back to us.
Lily You have to teach me how to post web addresses the way you do. I always have trouble with that. I think you told me how once before, but alas ... it is gone!
Maria Yum I like your grateful list. I keep a Simple Abundance Journal where I just like to put down positive things about my day. No matter what, something nice always happens and that is what we all should focus on.
Glenda with the determination you are showing, you probably handled the breakfast well. You have a lovely family
Ah, Slavika..So good to see you have a free-be yesterday. You have really been so dedicated. GOOD FOR YOU!

Talk to you all later...
Old 12-19-2001, 05:33 PM   #12  
Fun Blonde

Just had to say "Hey" to Dee. I am so glad you are feeling better and your daughter and your family are doing better. What a year it has been!
Glenda
Old 12-19-2001, 05:56 PM   #13  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: I bet that Wreath is pretty. It sure sounds nice! Sounds like Slavika put alot of work in to it. I think she probably cut down the tree to

To post Web Address:
Click on hte Http:// button when you are replying.
A box pops up and asks you for a name. Once done typing click ok and another box comes up and asks you for the URL. Type it in or copy and paste in and click ok
Viloa! Done.
Old 12-19-2001, 07:34 PM   #14  

Trudy the wreath sounds darling. I knew it would be something special. That is a lot of work to make something like that. Dee welcome back. I am happy that things are good for you now. It sounds like you are all ready for the holidays. We are possibly getting some snow Sunday eve or so the weatherman says. But what do they know. At least it is not rain. I have seen enough of that for a while. Had a woman come in the mailroom today and spend $63.00 to overnite some cookies to a television personality to use on his show Friday nite. I can't imagine doing that. She said she was his agent or something. I think she is nuts. I hope that they make it o.k. since I was the one to pack them. Have to run, have a nice night.
Old 12-19-2001, 08:55 PM   #15  

The wreath has to be beautiful if Slavika made it! She has many talents~

Peggy Thank-you for welcoming me back. It is nice to be here again.
Boy those were expensive cookies! But if you think how much I payed to ww my cookies were probably more expensive.lol

Hi Glenda ! It is great to here from you. You still remember me? Yes it sure has been some year. Actually in febuary it will be 2 years. But we are on the mend. Hopefully just a little while longer and we can put this all in the past.

Trudy thank-you for the hog wash on my talent. I really don't have talent it is just a very vivid imagination! We sure enjoyed the sun today didn't we?

Lily have you tried the Wendy plan? I think that it is a good idea to mix up your points a bit and eat at the low end and the high end sometimes.

Today I openned a gift from one of the tea time girls from Slavika's. My dog was sniffing it so I thought I better open it in case it was food and heaven forbid it spoil before christmas! Well it was a beautiful tin with a beaded christmas tree ornament and some short bread cookies. Ohh were they yummy~~I had three that I didn't count on having so I had to lighten up supper. Oh boy things I do to myself!

Well I hope that you all have a good night.

Dee

Last edited by Deelite; 12-19-2001 at 08:57 PM.
Closed Thread