Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-13-2007, 03:51 PM   #1  

Default *Emily's Accountability*

I'm sorry I'm posting so much right now, but I am in fairly dire need of it.

I binged today, and also worked out I'm becoming far too scale-dependent/obsessed/worried again, so I'm doing something about it.

Initially, I was going to challenge myself not to weigh myself and to make healthier food choices for a week. But I'm in a bad place right now and I know I'll fail, and feel worse!

SO...I've decided to start with a 3-day challenge. It sounds a bit pathetic, but given that I'm in a terrible place with scales/self image/poor food choices right now, I'll be very pleased if I succeed!

Three Day Challenge - From 9pm Friday (today) until Monday at 9pm, hopefully to then be extended as hopefully I'll feel better in myself!

The Aims

1 . To not weigh myself. At all. Not to TOUCH those scales.
2 . To get 5 portions of fruit and vegetables in every day.
3 . To keep a food-and-mood diary.
4 . To do at least 40 minutes moderate exercise a day.
5 . To try and beat myself up (mentally) less.

Wish me luck..I think I can do this, I'm not a complete fool at least.

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I wish you the best of luck. I think it's great that you are seeking out support!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:05 PM   #3  

We are all rooting for ya!

Let us know how it's going. Are you going to try some new or different fruits/veggies, just for fun?
Mabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:10 PM   #4  

There's nothing pathetic about a 3 day goal! You are doing it right! Take it slow, don't give yourself something you know you can't accomplish. Be strong, keep it up!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:35 PM   #5  
Trying to Lose in 2007

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'7"

I get scale-obsessed as well, so this time I decided to put the scale away and only concentrate on eating healthy foods - not the weight loss.

I will only weigh myself on the 1st of each month.
TTL2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:07 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Emily, you can do this, girl!! Not pathetic at all. Many of us can't get through an entire day. I love the goals you've set up for yourself. They're reasonable and doable.
Sending you luck and big hugs...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:18 PM   #7  

Hello people, lovely supportive people as well..this place is brilliant.

TODAY
I did 40 mins walking.
By 9pm tonight (Im away tonight so I won't be able to update then, so I'm doing it at 5.15pm) I will have had 3 veg/fruit - Ive had 2 already, and I'm having a salad later at a restaurant as a main, so thats the other 3.
Mood/food diary...eh. That, I cannot do. Its just a little hard and painful right now. HOWEVER, i have called a private therapist and requested an apptment..
I HAVN'T WEIGHED MYSELF!

Food today - 1 banana, tomato, lowfat cheese and "veggie ham" omelette, baked potato with lowfat cheese, main meal salad with crispyy bits, lowcal ice lolly.

lots of water. should be under 1800 cals too.

I don't like not knowing what I weight though. eek!

emily
xxx
Old 07-14-2007, 12:58 PM   #8  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I have to say - way to go on calling the therapist. I think you look absolutely gorgeous in your picture. It seems like you have some self-image issues. You are at a very healthy weight right now, and the weight you want to be is the lowest healthy weight (on a BMI calculator) for your height. There is no problem with that, but I wonder if maybe when you reach that you still won't think its enough with your scale obsessing and all. I hope the therapist helps and good luck with the 3 day challenge!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:53 PM   #9  

Thank you Lori

Update...SUNDAY 15TH JULY

HAVN'T WEIGHED MYSELF!
Did some walking, but it started to rain (and rain..and rain) so not a lot. But I did try.
Did some cooking! Ate plenty of vegetables - made a veggie curry and then a carrot cake for entire family, who ate it and even complimented me, so that was a success. Aside from that, I ate a yoghurt, a banana and will have an ice lolly and cookie later. I didn't eat til 3pm which isnt good, but I did get up very late.

Over halfway....still a bit itchy about no scales though

emily
xxx
Old 07-15-2007, 03:56 PM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Emily, hang in there. Keep to your goals. You can do anything for one more day--you really can! I'm pulling for you.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #11  
Lonesome girl

S/C/G: 168/125/110

Height: 5'4

I'm so glad you are doing great so far. It's always the small goals that help you change to a better life style for yourself. So it doesn't sound pathetic. It will be a lot easier this way and after you've done three days, you'll think "Hey if I can do it for three days why not keep trying."
It has been working for me too. I also binge too much but this week I am doing great so far.
ashla86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:25 AM   #12  

Welll it was inevitable. I had insomnia and a panic attack last night, so I *had* to check I wasn't more than 128-129lbs this morning :-(

I wasn't but that isnt the point! I managed two days without scales..thats awful that im so dependent, isnt it?
But hey, its better than 0 days.

I'm still fruit eating, veg eating, exercising, which is different and positive.

i dont think, sometimes, i can live without a scale :-(
Old 07-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 123kg/114kg/63kg

Height: 5ft 5

Emily, have you considered getting rid of the scales, or asking a freind to look after them so you can only weigh once a week?

I know that sounds like a scary thought - I remember all the excuses I came up with when encouraged to pour my drinks down the sink. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, but once I'd done it, I felt so much better. I don't know if I'd have got through those early days of sobriety if there had been drink in the house.

Not the same situation, but just an idea incase it might help.

Well done on going two days. Are you going to write out a new challenge for yourself?
ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #14  

congrats on 7 months sober, I dont have experience of alcohol issues (well not personally, my grandmother however...etc etc) but im impressed by the journey/progress.

maybe i could do another 2 days

emily
xxx