Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2007, 02:01 PM   #1  

Default oh for goodness SAKE

Whats it called when you see a 0.5lb loss on the scale one morning, then decide that the best bet is to eat 1800 calories worth of SUGAR and junk by 7pm??

Despite going for a walk, I can't help be frustrated with myself. Its a relief binge - I felt so heavy this morning I was sure I'd be UP on the scale, but I was a bit lower, so...I eat trash.

*bangs head on table*

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #2  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Gee Emily,

Sometimes when I see an unexpected loss on the morning scale, it tends to make me feel like I can cut loose and eat again. Which tells me I was being too severe with my intake in the first place..

Then again, it depends on what I'm going through that day that stresses me enough to lose control altogether.

Like that?

cuppa
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #3  

oh yes, like that! am also stressed about summer in general, taking new meds, etc etc, so it isnt surprising..its just frustrating!!

emily
xxx
Old 07-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Cousin,

Of course it's called self-sabotage, but you knew that.

On the other hand, you are "normal" weight now--maybe unconsciously you like being where you are. I don't know!

But I'm glad that you caught yourself doing it. That's a good thing.

Keep on going!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #5  

I will. If nothing else, I'd love to eat healthy food and feel better. Staying at 128lbs would be ok if i FELT healthier, unfortunately i seem to be terrible at maintaing on junk.

emily
xxx
Old 07-11-2007, 04:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/126/117

Height: 5'3

I do the exact same thing and I have no idea why. Basically, I need to throw out the scale. If it shows a loss sometimes it can make me think I can eat more. If it shows a gain when I've been "good" it can make me have a self-pity binge.

I know, get rid of the scale. Ah, if it were that easy.
LeighHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:50 PM   #7  

Hmm...i feel you, however i am a Scale Addict, are there 12 step programmes for it?? there ought to be.

emily
xxx
Old 07-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #8  
LLV

I do that sometimes too. I'll be like ooooo, cool! I've got some extra leeway this week! Think I'll go hit a buffet!

I pay for it eventually, though. Although I have those days where I'm afraid to get on the scale because I've eaten horribly over the last week (well, not HORRIBLY, but I've eaten way more than I should have, I still eat healthy foods 90% of the time but healthy foods have calories too!) and I'm still the same weight. I'll be like, "I can't believe I got away with THAT."

It all evens out eventually
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

wow..i'm really sorry to hear that you had a bad food day. I actually have quite the opposite thoughts. When i see the scale go down, i have more of a tendensy to think, "wow, whatever i ate this week caused me to lose one pound, maybe i could eat less next week and lose 2". Thankfully i stick to my 1200 calories because going lower would not be good. But that is actually the thought process i have when i see my weight going down. I hope you didn't cause yourself too much worry over a bad day. just try better tomorrow to eat healthier. You don't want to make it a habit to eat bad everyday just because of one bad day. You can turn that bad day around by eating healthy the rest of the week. One day won't sabatoge a whole weeks work!! Don't be too hard on yourself!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

I do EXACTLY the same thing!!! I wish I didn't do that, but I do.

Lumifan is correct! I'm going to try and remember her post when I have those feelings...

I propose that I am going to make all of my foods ahead of time this week and eat only on program! I'm exercising every day (except Mondays) and I think it's just time I adjust my whole attitude with the scale! I'm gonna go put it in the trunk of my car.......

I feel for ya, Emily... let's stay strong together!!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:23 PM   #11  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Sometimes that scale can be our worst enemy. I gave up the scale before at the advice of our WW leader. The weight really came off. I started weighing at home again once a week and now that once a week has turned back into everyday. I'm giving it up again. When I see a loss, it signals my brain to eat more. If I see a gain, I feel down and might eat more.

I know people who attend our meeting who don't know how much they weigh, even people who have been life time members for years. They just focus on healthy eating and how their clothes fit.

Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote