South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330.5/307.5/250

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Remember me. Hated Diet...Not No More! Major Victory

I no longer Hate this diet!!!

OK for the first time in 8 or 9 months, I was able to weigh myself on my tanita bathroom scale today. I kept getting OL for the longest time and finally gave up. I am now down 13 lbs and only on day 9 of Phase I. This is such a major victory for me. If any of you read my post yesterday I was sick as a dog with a urinary track infection and still ate what I was supposed to and didn't cheat. I had flu like symptoms and a low grade fever but did what I had to do. Usually when I'm sick, I just say the heck with it for the day, but something is sticking in my head with this diet that says no matter how much I complain that I hate this and don't want to do this, I keep doing it. I know with my starting weight that I'll lose weight quickly in the beginning but everytime I did WW's I never lost this much in the beginning. I think this really is going to help my PCOS and my insulin resistance. I even caught my husband glancing through my SB Cookbook last night. He's only 224 compared to me, but he still needs to lose some. My doctor gave me an alternate plan that she has and said her patients like it better, but after reading it, it seems a little more restrictive. I'm now excited about starting Phase II. I love the choices on there.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:49 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Keep up the good work.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

YIPPEEEEE! You CAN do it!!!!

Not only can you use the SB recipes, but it's really not hard to adapt your own recipes to be SB friendly. Another thing I like to do is to watch the food channel and adapt recipes I see on there and go through my regular cookbooks and adapt those. I never get bored with my food at all with so much variety. Just planning and shopping ahead really helps!
Old 07-11-2007, 02:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

Good for you! You certainly have to love those kinds of results! You've made it though so many challenges already... It does get easier.

It would be great if your husband joined you... Even if he didn't have any weight to lose, it is such a healthy way of eating and it is easier when SB food is the only food in the house.

DH started with me and although he had a lot less to lose than I do, he has lost a lot more. He likes this WOE as much as I do...
Old 07-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
Another thing I like to do is to watch the food channel and adapt recipes I see on there and go through my regular cookbooks and adapt those.
I love watching the food channel too!!! Some of the recipes are SB friendly even without revisions, but it may be hard for phase 1 people since there's also A LOT of shows with unhealthy food.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #6  

Great job for sticking it out! I read all your previous posts and I just had a feeling you really wanted to do this and was REALLY hoping you would stick with it. And you did!!! Congratulations!
Old 07-11-2007, 05:18 PM   #7  
luvscoffee

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Good Job! Being dedicated does pay off even if you don't feel that way at the time. Only 6 more days until Phase 2 for you. Congrats!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Yea! Great results make it easier to keep going!

My whole family eats South Beach (husband, five year old, two year old, and one year old) because I'm the one who cooks and I do not take orders. They love it! This isn't really as much of a diet as a healthy eating plan.

Kara
Old 07-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Congrats I'm glad you don't hate it.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #10  

Kara I am right there with you- I refuse to run a short order kitchen, so my family eats what I eat. I do add some type of pasta or rice side for DH and the kids, but that is about it.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:58 PM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Yes, they get extra grains, and when I was on Phase 1 they still got their fruit, but the main dish is the main dish and if you don't like it, you just sit and wait until everyone else finishes and then you're excused to go about your evening.

Kara
Old 07-12-2007, 06:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Well done, Canwarren!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/128/120

Height: 5'4

Congrats - isn't it the greatest feeling! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:40 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations!!! You have the mindset it sounds like this time. You have to be mentally prepared to change eating habits. None of my family is onplan with me but they eat what vegetables and meat I make and then I will make them an extra side dish, but they have all of their foods they like and I am not tempted by them (because I stock my kitchen with their food and mine, a bit expensive but it works for us).
Closed Thread