Old 07-09-2007, 05:00 PM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Smile Weekly Core Chat - July 9 - 15, 2007

Well an exciting weekend of course!

Sat pm dd's dance studio danced at this outdoor event - small midway w/rides, games, cotton candy, etc - problem was the weather and the stage. Rained on and off all day so I had my umbrella open and closed throughout the afternoon - and the size of the stage was a joke! While the other dance school there actually hung around awhile and then left - opted out of performing due to the 'situation' our girls of course hung in there.

Ended up dancing on the GRASS (think wet and muddy) in front of the 'so called' stage - yes rolling around on the grass - what fun! They did great of course. Then dd and little ds went on a couple of rides, had some treats then we dropped them off home.

Dh and I went to dinner (japanese) and then movie - Sicko - quite an amazing expose of the US medical system and I can only imagine the govt's embarrassment of what was shown! Quite incredible! Yes I stuffed my face at dinner and CONTINUED at the movies.

Excitement at our house which we found out when dd called - seemed little ds was fooling around with the phone and ended up dialling 911 - and then hung up - they of course called back - he answered and hung up again. When asked by dd who called - no one! Well they called again and when dd answered they identified themselves and said they had dispatched a POLICE UNIT TO OUR HOME! So dd had to reassure them nothing was wrong - they asked her some questions - at this point little ds is bawling and very upset. Operators asks to speak with him and asks he if he knows when to call 911 (in an emergency he sobs) - so they cancel the call. Takes dd an hour to calm him down - supposedly the child is hysterical due to fear of the parent's wrath (guess we are a pretty mean bunch?) Thinks he will be punished and grounded forever.

We show up home at 10:30 pm - and there is a little face peeking down from the stairwell - starts crying again of course and dh takes him to his bedroom, and finally calms him down - guess ds won't be doing that again? And we wait and see if we get a bill/charge for the false alarm - sure hope not!

Sunday - dh continued with his outdoor running program (in the rain no less) - I went for breakfast w/ little ds (more eating of course) - then had to take dd shopping as she finally has a job interview (after I have been ranting and raving at her for weeks now to get up and get out of the house!) - had to buy her 'interview' clothing! (interview is tuesday afternoon).

Dh and I went for a lovely long walk around 9 pm - for 1 hour thru the neighbourhood - even saw 3 froufies as we walked. Then another sleepless night so I am very tired today.

And the surprise was at lunchtime when dh showed up with a dozen red roses - just because - very very sweet!

Hope to catch up with everyone as they post!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 07-09-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 10"

Vickie - definatly cut back on the carbs, more veggies and protein. Also, water, water, water!! When its humid I retain like crazy.

Sarah loves her Webkin. The easter bunny brought her a pink poodle. I actually bought 5 last week to put away for Christmas. If they don't become gifts they'll be put up on ebay. I'm sure they will be scarce come December. The store I bought them at was getting in more, I'll see if they have a husky. I'm on the lookout for the chocolate lab (thats what we have).

Well, I'm heading home. I'll try to check in later

(OK I jumped the gun and set up another thread. I'll close out mine!)
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Terrible storms coming through Chicago with high winds, hail, thunder and lightening and tons of rain.

Be back tomorrow. I'm shutting my computer down.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

hi there. i'm leaving for curtis is sound asleep. i hope he sleeps through the time to go to the archery club meeting cuz i don't want to go. not in the mood.

frouf, your weekend sounds romantic and exciting. what a hoot little ds is. i hope you don't get charged.

paula, i think you're right and it's not the sunshine but the humidity that makes me swell.

angela, i'm crossing my fingers for dh.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh, Frouf, what a story! Poor ds. No doubt he will be haunted the rest of his life at family gatherings as this story will be told again and again!

Roses from dh....good start.

I'm loving my new responsibilities at work! Mostly having lunches with different people whom I like, talking about things I love to talk about. I have a feeling that this phase will end, and then I will really have to work!

Gotta run...dh has the hamburgers ready...exta lean meat..no bun for me!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:31 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

rhonda, i'm glad you're loving your new work. and burgers? life is good.

i went to and got 80 min in the pool.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:36 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! Here I am up in the middle of the night. We got next to no rain. It hardly seems possible with all the red and orange that was surrounding us on the radar. Lately, that seems to be happening with us here.

I can't sleep. I've got a variety of ailments that I won't bore you with....at least right now. Mostly, I can't breathe laying down. I decided to quit snuffling in Jim's ear so that he could get some sleep.

I'll be back in a little while to catch up.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:39 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, your life is always just plain old exciting! Congratulations to DD and the other dancers for being such troupers. I think mud would have chased me away. And poor DS! You've described him as a sensitive soul so I'm sure he was just tortured the whole time waiting for you to come home. I'm sure they won't charge you this time. And...roses from DH! I'm glad to hear that his good behavior continues. I haven't seen Sicko yet but plan to. Our health system is a mess and we have a lot we can learn from your system. I hope we take the best of everywhere and come up with a great system. Politics, however, always play a part and ruin everything.

Paula, it's been horribly humid here. I hope that is partially what contributed. I'm going to try some other new things this week as well to see if I can make a difference. A nice 4 pound loss next week would be greatly appreciated.

Sandra, I hope Curtis slept through the archery meeting. I was surprised when you said he was going after the colonoscopy. I was ok after the test but very drained and tired. I guess it is from all the emotional energy expended. Congratulations on your exercise!

Rhonda, enjoy the honemoon phase at work as long as it lasts. Maybe it will last forever. One can always hope. I'm glad there are fewer food temptations for you at the new office.

I'm off to surf some more because I'm still not feeling well enough to go back to bed. I'll stop by later.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:52 AM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well here it is nearly 6 a.m. and I'm still awake and getting hungry. Jim is still sleeping so I don't want to start banging around in the kitchen yet so I'm just sitting here having my first 24 ounces of water. Some coffee sure would be nice.

I decided what to make for dinner tonight....assuming I'm awake...and just need to make the list for Jim to go to the store. I hope you all have a great morning. I'm planning a nap on the couch after I eat breakfast. Then I think a walk on the treadmill is in order before the pool. It'll be the last day before the cool off for a couple of days.

Talk to you all later. I'm not coming back here again this morning to talk to myself...I swear.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:14 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone. Vickie, so sorry that you have been up so long. I hope you are able to sneak in a nap today. I think the humidity is getting me as well, the scal is up but I will get weighed tomorrow. How about we both stick to plan - not use any of the 35 wpa -- and write down everything this week. Maybe we both can have a great loss next week..... You up for that????

Frouf, glad to hear things are still in a good spot with DH. Loved the dance story -- didn't dd dance in the mud last year as well?? She must really love it, my niece has been taking dance for about 7 years now but I don't think she would be a trooper like that.

I'm off to the beach today with Sarah. Its going to be sunny and hot so we are off. This is the first time I'm taking her with just the two of us. Last year I was too nervous and I think she was too small still. Its so much fun now - she is 4 1/2 and is really good at day trips. I plan on leaving here about 9:30 - may stop to get a small sand chair for me. We should be down the Cape by 10:30. By 2:00 we should be heading home. My GF is further down the Cape than I'm planning (spending the week in Falmouth), she was supposed to call and give me directions but I never heard from here. Oh well, we are back to my original plan. Should be a fun day.

I have my core lunch packed and ready to go, lots of fruit to snack on and lots of water. You'd think we were going for 3 days instead of a few hours....oh well.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:01 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Woah....where is everyone? I slept for 3 hours, ate breakfast and was in the pool for 2 hours. I got 45 minutes of exercise. Now I'm going to go shower and make dinner.

Paula, I can't promise not to use my 35 WPA's. I use them to help get my veggies down (smart balance) and such. I will commit to tracking them faithfully and not going over even one point. I will commit to exercising every day and not using any AP's. How's that? I'm certainly up for a great loss next week. Did you have fun at the beach?

Where are the other chickie chickies?
Old 07-10-2007, 06:43 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

More severe storms here. I'm shutting down for the night.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:05 PM   #13  

HI All:

Well, this chickie was at work and not able to get to take the time to get on. I did well with food, trying to get back into the habit of taking my lunch.

I made a very tasty fish meal tonight: chuncks of red snapper cooked in tomatoes, onions, capers and a little white wine....very good and healthy.

I'm still having trouble getting myself to any exercise classes. Once I get home and eat, I just don't want to go out.

Vickie, I've lived in Canada since 1975 and I am so amazed at the ignorance of most Americans about how good the health care system is up here in the North. Of course, there are powerful interests trying to keep Americans misinformed!

I'm going to sit down and rest!

BBL

Rhonda
Old 07-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #14  

Very slow day today!! Vickie - your plan sounds great. I'm going to not plan on using the WPAs that way if I stray a bit I should be covered. I find I do end up putting non core food in my mouth even when I'm trying to be so very, very good. If I plan on 5 wpas a day, I end up over. I too will exercise each day - trying to do more than just my 20 minute dog walk a night. Tomorrow the humidity is supposed to break so I won't have an excuses!

The beach was fabulous today. I am going to the state park here in town this weekend to get a year long parking pass. Its $45 for 2007 -- today the beach parking was $7. So I figure if I go to the beach at least 5 more times this summer then start walking at the state park (thats $2 to park) it will be worth it. I should have done this a few months ago when I thought of it.

Sarah was in the water as much as she could - when we go to Maine in August she is going to be a beach bum for the week. Last year she would go in a little bit but not too long. Today she was in for about 2 hours straight! It was a great day. The beach is only 50 minutes from home. We were back here by 3:15.

Rhonda, your dinner sounds wonderful. DH would never eat something like that. The only fish he will eat is swordfish, sometimes shark, lobster, shrimp and steamed clams. Not that those aren't great, but does leave alot out.

Well, off to surf the web and update my day to my ww online acct. See ya!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:40 PM   #15  

Hope everyone is having a good evening....we just watched "The Secret of my Success" with Michael J. Fox...cute.

I like the beach idea, Paula. I've never been to Maine, and I should go sometime. It's one of the few states I haven't been to. I have friends who go every year just to eat lobster.

Rhonda