Old 07-09-2007, 12:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Default From Hummers to Hummingbirds 6-Week Challenge #2

We're a group that's sick and tired of looking like those Hummers you see driving down the road. We'd much rather feel like a little Hummingbird, just a fluttering around! Please feel free to come join us on our journey. So far we have two challenges that we are working on. 1.) At least 30 min. of exercise 3-5 X's p/wk 2.) To lose 10# in 6 weeks. (This is a little bit less than 2# p/wk) We hope that you will come join us. The more the merrier!
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:07 PM   #2  

Default It's Monday and I'm back on track to try & make my 6 week challenge!

Hello!

Well, my Son's H.S. Graduation was this past Saturday. It was fun, but I'm glad that it's behind me! I hardly ate anything while I was preparing for the party, but during and after it, I did not make the best food choices! So, here I go again and am back on track! (I also was brave enough to hop on the scale and unfortunately, was up a few pounds!) I guess I need some more will power dust, so here's some more for all of us! There, I hope that helps!
It's raining here in Wisconsin, so I guess I'll have to do a different form of exercise. Maybe I'll go dust off the recumbent bike, or perhaps the Edge Fitness glider. I much rather be swimming, but don't feel like putting the exercise off until it's done raining. Well, I have a lot of things to get done around the house, so I'd better get going. TTFN!
Old 07-09-2007, 03:19 PM   #3  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Jackie, Glad to hear about your son's party . I understand the poor food choices, I took 3 days off of work and I think I ate the fridge out , mine and my neighbors. up 2 pounds this week though am back on track. It has been so blessed hot here and Since I really don't care for the heat I am hibernating in the a/c of the house. Talk more later, really need to get some things done, Thank YOu ladies for your encouraging words this last week.
Anna
flawlesscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:21 PM   #4  
oh to be this graceful

Well I reweighed myself this morning and relized the damage isn't as bad as I thought only up 1 pound, so now my walking is done for the day and have to get my water in. I still aim for 100 ounces though I have been sadly missing that goal lately, I really need to start journaling more consistently. Anyone else have this proplem? Small drama in my life, last night my bassett hound got loose for an houur and a half and finally found him a couple houses away, had to be the abandoned one without dogs that he was at right? Anyways, chat more later, How you ladies doing today? Any new exercises tried?
Anna
Old 07-10-2007, 08:09 PM   #5  

Hello Everyone!

I've got some leftovers, anybody want some? I sure wish I could give some of this away. My salads & veggies won't taste so good until I get rid of all this party food! I'm sure glad that I got 2 hours of walking in today! I have pretty many routes left to do, so I'm sure I'll be out walking for the rest of the week! Well, at least I get paid for my exercise.
Anna: Glad to hear that the numbers on the scale were not as bad as you thought they would be. That's always a good feeling.
I'm not sure on how I'm doing because I didn't weight myself this a.m. (Too chicken!) I did get in plenty of water today. I get so thirsty when I'm out walking. I keep a 24 pack of water in my car and go back once in awhile for a drink. As for journaling: I stink at that! I guess I'm just too darn lazy to write it all down. I have a feature on my cell phone for recorded messages, maybe I should journal it that way. I just have to remember to do that. Hmn... maybe I should set my cell phones reminder/scheduler to remind me! So, what's with your dog? Did he go visit a house with kids for awhile?
As for me doing any new exercises, nothing new! I never did get a chance to dust off the recumbent bike or Gazelle Glider. At least I've been walking & swimming. Well, I guess I'd better get some work done around the house. I go on vacation next week & would like to have an organized/cleaned house before I go. I've got a long ways to go though! TTFN

Last edited by Freckles; 07-10-2007 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Fix Typos
Old 07-11-2007, 10:51 AM   #6  

Hello!

It looks as though I'm corresponding with myself here! Where is everyone? Oh well, I'm excited, so I'll post anyways. My scale is on the downward slope again. I'm getting really close to my 10# loss again! I'll try and make good food choices today. I'm definitely getting my walking in today. I plan on walking at least 2 hours today. I guess I'd better get going and get ready for work. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Freckles; 07-11-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #7  
oh to be this graceful

Jackie,
I laugh as I thought I was talking to myself the other day, oh wait I was heehee thats what happens when you have animals for kids My dog went to visit the abandoned house down the road the only one I have yet until now to find him at, My future sister in law wrote me today also, So good to hear from her as I haven't seen her since last summer when I first met her. Working a bit more and trying to bring healthy choices to work, wanted to kick whoever set up our new super walmart here, I am trying to pick out my cold cut meats for the week for work and infront of me is the fresh baked bread, behind me is the fresh baked donuts and to both sides the deli and the bakery and we won't go there on what was around me. So as I am silently drooling onto the floor and trying to look unnterested, yeah right I grabbed my scliced turkey and ran for the auto section. hmm who ever came up with vanilla and strawberry cream scented car fresheners should be shot. Anyways made it home to make a big bowl of broccoli top with lemon and pepper seasoning. much better never shop when your hungry and tired \
Have a great day ladies my rant is over for now thanks for reading
Anna
Old 07-11-2007, 04:49 PM   #8  

Smile

Hi!

It's me again! I ended up walking for 3.5 hours today. I decided to do the big route seeing that it was a lot cooler outside today. I'm sure glad that I didn't have to walk that one off in the heat! Hopefully the scale will take another downward slope tomorrow morning. (I'll cross my fingers.)
Anna: How was your broccoli? A few weeks ago I came up with my own recipe for broccoli salad. I use whole grain noodles, sliced vidalia onions, Hellman's light mayo, chopped broccoli, sliced water chestnuts, frozen peas, lots of lemon juice, seasoned salt & freshly
ground pepper. I actually think it tastes delicious! As for your deli trip to the Super Walmart- What I do is tell the deli person how much and how I want it sliced. I then go to the fresh veggies/fruit and quick pick out what I need there, then it's back to the deli counter to pick up my deli meat. It works pretty good, as long as I don't walk too slow past the barbeque chicken chunks! I guess I'd better get going and work on cleaning up the junk around the house. TTFN!
Old 07-12-2007, 02:20 PM   #9  
oh to be this graceful

Oh I am tooting my own horn today, I finally got it, well now to explain i guess, I have been trying for weeks to learn how to needle tat, it is a type of lacy thing that can be made into doilies or bookmarks or xmas ornaments, well anyways I did it, made 3 xmas ornaments, 1st one not so good but better than the 1st 40 feet of string i wasted trying to learn and today I made a book mark, has nothing to do with weight loss but i tell ya trying to learn and keep the thread white well i can't really snack while doing this so I am going to call it a nsv for today. yeah.
yes i am certifiable but at least I am having fun while i go insane trying this alone. I couldn't find anyone who actually does this anymore in person so am learning from a book. okay several books.

BTW I really want your recipe portions for the broccoli salad that sounds absolutely yummy

now for sleep as I picked up another 8 hours this week, i must be a sucker for insomnia
Anna
Old 07-12-2007, 07:54 PM   #10  

Default I knew Anna would ask me the exact portions in the broccoli salad!

Hmmn.... I used a little of this, a little of that, etc....
I'll make it again hopefully in the next week & let you know, okay? Now about you saying you finally got it: I thought that you were worried that you were pregnant! (Until I read on a little further!) I don't think that I would have the patience for needle tat! My Mom used to do it before I was born, but I just couldn't picture her having the patience to do it! I do have patience to sew and I love to do beading, so perhaps I could give it a try sometime. I've got a few doilies & table runners that I inherited from her. Two are really detailed, one with two deer and the other one is a cat playing with a ball of string. Now for how my day went as far as food is concerned: My brother took me out for my Birthday lunch today. I did really good with my choices for the main part. A Ceasar Salad and some chicken soup. I then got talked into a piece of Turtle Cheesecake. (My brother insisted I have a piece in honor of my birthday & in memory of my Mom.) It was the best turtle cheesecake that we have ever had! I guess it was worth it. I did manage to get in 1.5 hrs of walking today. If the stormy weather passes over my house, I will try and get in 30 min. of swimming too. Well, speaking of food, I have to go finish making dinner for my dh. Until later, take care!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:08 PM   #11  

Exclamation Hello....Hello....Anyone Out There?....

Hi!

It looks as though I'm posting a reply to myself again. Oh well, I've gotta keep myself accountable. I hopped on the scale this morning and was relieved to see that I've kept all but 1# of the 10# off! I know that weight can be a few pounds give or take for water weight, so I'll count this as still my first 10# loss!
Seeing that it's Monday again, I'm starting with my next 10# challenge for myself. I much rather do this in 10# increments rather than look at the big picture of 50 or 60#! So, 10# down, 40-50# to go! (Or should I say 10# down and another 10# to go!?) I'm camping with my dd and friends of ours for a few days starting tomorrow, so I'll probably not be posting for a few days. We leave for a weeks vacation on this Saturday morning. I'll try and post in between, okay? While I'm camping, I'm planning on continuing with my 30 min. of lap swimming. I'll try and pack good nutritional food choices to take along to stay accountable. Well, I suppose I'd better sign off and start working around the house again. TTFN!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:30 AM   #12  
oh to be this graceful

Hey there Jackie,
I am back, had the computer down for a couple of days as it really needed an overhaul and the fiance decided instead of trying to fix it again he just built me a new one though I forgot to get on here first and let you know I would be gone, sorry you had to talk to yourself for a couple of days. So my new computer is faster, has 4 times the memory or so he tells me, all I seen is him putting lots of things into a new box, I am totally not a computer guru.

Well I lost the last pound so am back to 280, frustrating and with TOM over maybe things will pick up again in that department though I definitely have been getting the walking in. I wear a pedometer at work and have been averaging 4-6 miles at work a night. Hope your camping trip goes well and your food choices are better then mine would be, smores

TML
Anna
Old 07-19-2007, 03:17 PM   #13  
oh to be this graceful

Well currently watching the season finale of the biggest loser season 3 wow I have been watching this all day and I should really be sleeping but these people are amazing. really hard to eat wrong watching these people
any hi for today , and a brand new day it is
Anna
Old 07-20-2007, 06:36 AM   #14  

Thumbs up Vacation Is Fast Approaching!

Hello!

Wow, I can't believe it. We leave for vacation tomorrow morning! There's so much that I need to get done around the house before we leave. TONS of laundry and I also wanted to get the house cleaned from top to bottom. To top things off, I rolled over in bed at 4:00 this a.m. and I think I slipped a disc in my back. I've done this before, so I know the pain so well! So, I guess if my exercise maneuver that I learned from PT doesn't work, it will be a trip to the Chiropractor before I leave too! I guess I'll have to really beg & pry for the kids to help me around the house today if I want my house in shape too! Wish me luck! I just got back yesterday from a few days of camping. My daughter & I went with a good friend and her two girls. So, while we were gone, the house really came undone. Thank goodness we camped close to home and while my daughter was at practice for the H.S. Dance Team, I went home and tidied a bit. Can't tell that I did, but I'm sure it helped some! Anna: Thanks for keeping the thread going for the past couple of days. I did check/read your posts while I was home for that little bit, but had no time to post myself. While we're on vacation I'll try and make a visit to one of the local libraries and try posting here to keep you all updated. We vacation up in Sugar Camp, which is between Eagle River and Rhinelander. Now, back to you-Did you watch The Biggest Loser on TV, or did you watch from your computer? Just curious! Glad to see that your computer is up and running again. I missed you while you were away. Congrats on the weight loss too! I bet it feels great to be almost starting a new decade of #'s. (I call it a new decade when you're so close to the next set of #'s. For instance, 280 being so close to 279 and then you're in the 270"s! Then-10#'s less, you'd be in the 260's!) I find it so much easier to be accountable if I do it in 10# increments. Good luck to you!
Well, I guess I'd better shove off of here and get back to work. TTFN

Oh!, one more thing: I was able to get my 30 min. of lap swimming in while at camp. I used their pool. It was a little harder though because I didn't have music to make the time go by quicker. I'm sure glad that I got it in though.

Last edited by Freckles; 07-20-2007 at 06:41 AM. Reason: fix spelling errors
Old 07-20-2007, 11:01 AM   #15  
oh to be this graceful

Congrats Jackie on getting the workout in and hey take care of your back, I slipped up a coupleof years ago and landed on my back for about 3 weeks out of work it was horrible i was sooooo bored, Camping sounds like so much fun, though i guess I will settle for kayaking this sunday and seeing the future mother in law on saturday, she is so sweet . I hear you about house work i always have grand planbs for cleaning then realize there is a life to enjoy also, so hmmm kill the dustbunnies or play with my puppy who by the way I think creates those bunnies well have a great time camping and I will be on here talking to myself until your return, I found I do that at work more than I realized, one of the guys was amused by it. ah well hopefully it was an intelligent conversation
Take care and hope your back is feeling better
Anna