Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-09-2007, 10:43 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekly Chat ~ July 9th - 15th

Hi Kids...

Can't talk...bbl.

HUGS
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #2  

Newbie here. I was so glad to see there was a board dedicated to weight loss and depression.

I have suffered for many years with depression. I take Lexapro which helps but the biggest thing that has helped me has been exercise. People told me for years it would help but I guess I wasn't ready!
leighannester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Leighann!!

Great to see you here

everyone - no time today - chat soon!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

busy day yesterday and again today at work but wanted to drop by and wish everybody a great day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:53 PM   #5  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hey Everybody,

It's Hottt here!!! 98 Degrees yesterday, today, and for the next few days.

Looks like you all are busy bees this week.

Welcome Leighann!! I've had this struggle for more years than I care to count. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Nothing going on here. Pool tonight. I've been checking out some job websites. Nothing promising yet, but I've got to find something soon. The longer I'm away from work, the more I dread it.

Have a great, cool day!
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

YIKES are we all that busy LOLOL... is this good?

Well girlies, I'm just popping in to say hello

Hope to be back very very very VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY soon
Old 07-11-2007, 06:45 PM   #7  
Starting Again

Where is everybody?

I'm trying to live vicariously through you all and you're not playing along! Very selfish of you guys I think!

Buddly: haven't heard from you in a while. How was the trip to see your dad?

Everybody else including the newbies: How are things?

Saw a movie today. We saw 'Sicko', the new Michael Moore film. I know he's not everbody's favorite person but I found it very enlightening. Makes me wish that I lived in Canada with Heather so I can get free health care.
We've now seen almost every movie out since my fiance has had shorter hours lately. He has a hard time sitting at home. Wish I did!

That's all of the news I have. What about y'all?
Old 07-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #8  
Heather 2.0

Morning!!

Things are hectic, busy and stressful here, so I haven't been checking in as I should - my bad! Hope, you can come on up and live with me anytime!

Looking after my mum is tiring, which makes me rather cranky, so I am trying to focus on doing a little more for myself... but it is hard.

On a happy note - my treadmill arrived yesterday, and I paid two burly men to deliver it for me... after two hours and some colorful language, it is together, and I can't wait to play!! Of course, today is not a running day, but I'm sure a nice, brisk walk on it wouldn't go amiss!

How's everyone doing?? Where are you all, chickies??

Chat later -
Heather
Old 07-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:22 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

OMG I'm sorry I've been MIA... will be back tomorrow to read up and catch up with you all. Works been so hairy

Luv yah's.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #11  
Heather 2.0

Morning - just a quick pop in

LOADS of errands to get done today!!

Chat later -
Heather
Old 07-13-2007, 04:36 PM   #12  
Starting Again

Thumbs down

Hi gals,

My eating out of control has caught up to me! I got on the scale today after not weighing for I don't know how long, 2 months maybe and I've gained 10 pounds!!! Mercy!! No, I haven't changed my ticker b/c that would require me figuring out how to do that, and I'm reserving my energy so that I can more effectively beat myself up over it.

I would like to say that this revelation has stirred up a sense of resolve and urgency to tackle the situation, but I really can't. I'm just not there for some reason. I want to be, but I'm not. Somebody just shoot me or send me the muzzle I requested a few days ago.

Your day must be better than mine. What's up y'all?
Old 07-13-2007, 05:30 PM   #13  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!!

Sorry I haven't been around, but like everyone else things got busy and with the girls off from school I don't get much computer time.

The visit with my dad went great. I hadn't been on an airplane since 1983, but since the flight is less than an hour (to go what takes 10 hours to drive) it was fine. My dad picked me up at the airport, so we had a nice little visit, just the two of us for the trip to his house. The citizenship ceremony took place at Fort Langley inside the fort, so I got to play tourist and take pics of the fort. Plus they had a demonstration logging show. And on the Monday we went for a long drive in his model A convertable (he restores model A cars for a hobby) he even drove us down to White Rock so I could see the ocean and then by all the beautiful farm lands in south Langey and along Mile 0 and we followed the markers that show the border between Canada and the US. All in all it was a great weekend, I had absolutly no worries and haven't been that relaxed in I don't know how long.

When I got home I continued helping my mom get her rental house finished. we got all the painting done and then got my hubby in to help with updating the plumbing fixtures. Now the tenent has moved in, so thats done.

And yesterday I got a phone call from the drug store I applied at. They asked if I would come in and work full time for three weeks helping with the set up of the new store. Its just a temporary job, but I really like the idea of only a three week commitment. So I start that July 17 thru till Aug 8, working Tues to Sat, I've never had a real fulltime job, so this will be an experience.

The weather is wonderful and almost to hot, right now its 31C (88F, I think) I have so much to do outside and inside, but just haven't managed to do it. The clover has taken over the yard and I have plants that need transplanting, but, oh well.

Hope, I'm sorry to hear about your gain, I'm sure you'll get back on track soon. Has it cooled down for you yet? I don't think we could handle it any hotter here, the dog is about to expire and I've had to put ice in the fish tanks and an ice bottle in with the rabbit.

Heather are you enjoying your tredmill? I love mine whenever I use it. I put the portable DVD player right in front of me and find that one episode of CSI is just perfect.

Leenie, Cathy, leighann and everyone else

Take care everyone and remember, drink lots of water
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:06 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

Boy oh boy have I missed you guys. Work is INSANE!! I have no time to cry if I wanted lol...and trust me when I say I've wanted to. It was an overwhelming week for sure.

Anway... it feels good to be home and talking to you all.

Leighann to 3FC's we're a small group here but a beautiful one

Cathy love, hope you are catching up as well. How goes the decaf stuff?

Hope I'm so sorry about the 10 lb gain... I know how you feel though. I weigh myself every few weeks as well and they say that is NOT good. If we weigh ourselves every week we prob would nab a few pounds instead of letting it get to be to much.

Buddly your full of great news !!! Glad your visit with Dad went well and congrats on the new full/part time job. Hope its FUN !!!!!

Heather did you try the treadmill out yet??? oh I bet the conversation putting it together was 'colorful' LOL to say the least. How is your Mom? how long is she staying with you?

Today I am gonna catch up a bit with the house cleaning and maybe some pool time. Then its out to an early dinner with some old friends and who knows what else is next LOL. Tomorrow the same.

My boss is sending me to Baltimore in september for some work shops.... I'll be traveling train style. I never ever ever travel so this is a first all by my lonesome LOL.

Well girlies I'm outta here.

TTYL
Old 07-14-2007, 10:20 AM   #15  
Heather 2.0

Morning all!

My treadmill is AWESOME and it makes me want to run again today, even though today is not a 'running day'... but I might scoot onto it anyway!

I'm not going to be around much the next two weeks, chickies - I am running a performing arts summer camp that starts Monday - I'll try to pop in some evenings, but you won't see much of me... and in two weeks, hopefully we'll all see 'LESS' of each other!!!

Have a great weekend and a super couple of weeks - I'll be thinking of you all - will pop in when I can!

Heather