Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/165/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Pounds and Inches

This could be a tricky question, I'm not sure. How many inches, on average would someone lose, around the hips and waist, for each 10 pounds lost?

I know muscle weight is a confounding factor, I'm really after an average, kind of general idea.

The thing is that I would like to tarck my body measurements as well as my weight, but I have no idea what to expect in terms of inches lost.

Thanks in advance
Martie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:26 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Everyone is different! There isn't any average amount that would be useful to you. You'll just have to lose the weight and see what happens!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #3  
mom2cole

It is hard to say since everyone is different and I think I read it here, but it really helps: If you take two rolls of paper towls, one full roll and one 1/4 full, and pull off ten sheets from each, you will notice the difference more on the 1/4 roll than you will on the the full roll. So what I am trying to say is that losing ten pounds isn't the same from everyone.
mom2cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:28 AM   #4  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

I agree with everybody above... but i have read somewhere that one inch of fat is 7 pounds... but everybody is different so DONT quote me on it lol.
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote