Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-05-2007, 05:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default St John's Wort and moodiness

When I take my St. John's Wort and other herbs/vitamins I seem to manage my moods better. Sometimes I just hit such major lows though like today I'm just moody and grumpy. Likely it's divorce issues, moving, being a single mom, trying to lose weight so I don't hate myself so much for being a slob... you know. Has anyone else been successful with St. John's Wort? I'm finding that if I discontinue I'm grumpier then I have to start all over and build up 3-4 weeks so that it works again. I traveled for two weeks for business, wasn't taking them 2-3 times a day like I usually do, and now I'm emotionally unstable again. So I really am thinking this stuff works, with good nutrition and exercise too. I'm wondering if it's genetics, there's depression in my family, and some bipolar disorders too. I just don't like being this moody.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

Im Sorry. I Really Hope You Feel Better. Make A List It Always Makes Me Feel Better About All Your Good Qualities. Or Try Looking To The Bright Side. You Have Children Thats A Gift All On Its Own , Im Sure They Are Wonderful. Moving? That Can Be An Awesome Thing A Real Chance To Start Over And Take Control Of Everything In Your Life. I Wish You Luck . God Bless
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Yes I have a little boy who's the love of my life, it's just a joy to watch him grow. I have my own business, I set my own hours, I work from home, I can make as much or little as I want depending on how hard I work. I'm only 20 lbs overweight now and if I'd stop cheating so much I'd lose it easily this summer/early fall. My figure is basically a good one, tall, it's just I hate the fat like everyone else and at 39 I'm losing my youth - unless I workout like heck and try to meet impossible expectations set my celebrities and magazines that I read all too much of. Moving is a good thing, I love our new place but have to wait 2-3 weeks as someone is being evicted, it's just the limbo and the heat. We have a nearby lake, biking trails, parks, I'll have a place to board my horse and can start riding again as it'll be convenient, there's good preschools for my boy. I don't know why I'm in such an awful mood - I think maybe it's moving, divorce stuff and having a holiday go by feeling lonely. Even last night at fireworks I tried to get myself to stop moping but everyone around me was a couple with kids, I felt so single - but my boy kept saying he loved me and the things we do. He only knows him and I, and he's right we have a good time. We camped two weeks on a semi business trip of mine recently, we went to a lake the other day, we do have fun the kid and I. I just married a jerk from **** and I let him destroy me for years, he was quite abusive acutally, verbally and physically and I think maybe I have self esteem issues from all of that. I like having him in another state, now he's saying he'll move back and do a custody battle, hope he's bluffing but as any mother the process is scary but the ball is in my court, he was abusive, he left, the works... it's me running scared. I'm looking forward to our new home - and of course I have plans for a very serious workout area. I'm getting into weight training and maybe some minor body building and there's a perfect semi room behind the living room for this. I'm not just going to knock the weight I'm going to seriously tone up. But I really do think this St. John's Wort I need to stay on, my highs and lows aren't so bad on it it seems. I've thought of other prescribed drugs to get through a divorce and likely a war with my ex but I don't really believe in them, and I'm afraid of them. If I could just get moved here and on with this new liife - starting over, gaining control, not living in a junky rental home anymore.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/126/117

Height: 5'3

Hi Horsey -

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. I just wanted to let you know that I take St. John's Wort and I am positive that it helps me. I've been diagnosed with OCD and was given Prozac for it. I really didn't like the numb feeling that gave me so I stopped taking it. I did some research and found out about SJW and it's been helping me ever since. I still have times that are worse than others, but I figure that's the way things go and I've learned how to calm myself by reminding myself that the feelings will pass.

Wishing you all the best.
LeighHop is offline   Reply With Quote