Old 07-03-2007, 05:40 PM   #1  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Default Fourth of July

So what are your plans for the 4th? How are you planning to stay on track?

I'm the one cooking, so I get to control what everybody eats.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Hi CC. I'm Canadian and we celebrated Canada Day on July 1st. We had a bbq at my eldest son's house, I took a watermellon, chicken and veggie shish kabaobs and a big bowl of my homemade cole slaw. I pretty much stuck to that and was able to stay not too off track. I hope you can develop a strategy ahead of time so that at least you have a plan. I find that helps me. Good luck.
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

We're having a big party here at our house. In our group of friends this is "our" holiday. Basically, I'm doing what we I every year. I'm going to control "me" and not "the food". It's always a big burger/dog cookout with the sides. I'm working a hamburger, strawberry shortcake, and some baked beans into my calories for the day. Keeps me eating fruit and veggies exclusively until party time but I already have it all mapped out and it's going to be fine and FUN!

Hope everyone else has a FUN and SAFE 4th!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

We are grilling, My husband will have the red meat and I am grilling shrimp for me, I will make some roasted veggies to go with the meat and my husband will make pico de gallo and salad. So I will eat shrimp and veggies. We have fresh fruit for dessert, and I bought Ice tea for the family but I will stick to water. I hate fireworks, so I will probably be inside by 5 pm.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm going shopping. I know - very unFourth of Julyish. But unfortunately hubby must work tomorrow. We were invited to a party, but I don't really want to go, yet alone without DH. 2 of my daughters will be away, one in camp, one at a big 4th party. My 3rd one finally has a day off from college and wants to shop. Who am I to disappoint my first born? So shop it is!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #6  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Shopping sounds like fun. Enjoy your day. How is maintenance working out for you Robin? How is it different?
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:34 AM   #7  

We're going to a firework show, and shooting some fireworks off at someone's house. I'm sure there will be food, I'll just try to make the healthiest choice I can with whats there, and eat in moderation..
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #8  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

We are just laying low...my hubby has to work for a while today and we both have to work tomorrow. I am going to cook, so good healthy stuff here. I am seriously thinking about going shopping too.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:13 PM   #9  

I planned the menu ... so I'm taken care of! Plus there will be some other stuff there ... potato salad, chips, etc. But, I know what I'm bringing and I'm eating only that.

I am also kind of thankful it's just the one day this year. Back to work tomorrow (but off next week). It helps in it not becoming an extended diet struggle. One day. Like the rest. Keep on keepin' on!
Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:32 PM   #10  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

We were invited to a party. So I am taking a veggie tray and will allow myself one cheeseburger. I think I will stay away from the desserts. We went to the fireworks last night and took subway for a picnic. I had a chocolate covered piece of cheesecake but only ended up being 300 calories over for the day. So that is why I'm not doing dessert today.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #11  
Dieting Diva

I am at home with DD2. DH and DS13 left for North Carolina this morning. DD21 is going heading to Austin to check out apartments and the city before her BF moves there in September. I am thinking I will head to Sam's- which means a drive into town- but I have tackled the laundry and done everything else to do for the next four days.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote