Old 07-01-2007, 07:55 AM   #1  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Smile WATP~July Daily Check-in

Hello all you beautiful walkers! This is the thread for people who use Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds! Feel free to stop by and report your walks and progress toward your goals! Or if you just want to ask a question, we're here for you!!!
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Hi!

My goal is simple...dust off my WATP DVDs and USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
eibbed
debzdogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #3  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Good afternoon! I'm back into the swing of things, now! This morning I did the 3 fast miles from Walk Slim--it felt SO GOOD! I think I'll go hop on the treadmill for a few minutes to bump up the calorie burn!

Michele
Old 07-01-2007, 05:14 PM   #4  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

I got on the treadmill and before I knew it, I had done 70 minutes--4.15 miles!! That's 7.15 miles for today! I don't think I've EVER done more than 6!
Old 07-01-2007, 10:49 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

I did my 3 mile ab WATP video today. I love mixing the resistance band with the walking. Makes me feel great.

Are there any longer ones? I saw a walk and jog. But are there like 4 or 5 mile WATP videos?
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:03 AM   #6  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Yes, Leslie has several 4 mile workouts, including 2 new ones from Walk Slim. She also has a 5 mile chaptered one. That means you can do one mile at a time, or there are 3 different 3 mile combinations or the full 5 miles. That one recently went on sale in stores like Target (if you have one near you). I have just about every video Leslie's ever made--I even ordered a brand new one just released last week!
Old 07-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #7  

Default So many to choose from!!

Ok, i didn't realize how many WATP DVDs there were. I'm doing the 4 mile Super Challenge now but i've been doing it a while and want to change. I bought the Walk and Jog and the Walk & Kick but they are only 30 minutes long. Now i'm not so sure what to get. What's the difference between the WATP and the Walk Slim? I see one on Target.com that is Walk Slim - 4 fast miles. Is this equivalent to the 4 mile Super challenge. . .just different?? If it's harder, should i maybe try a Walk Slim 3 mile or something - i see one that is Super Fat Burning 3 mile? I sure enjoy these DVD's but wish i knew the order in which to use them. I mean, obviously i want to do the 3 mile before the 4 mile but their seems to be a couple different dvds for each mile.

Any advice is for a confused beginner?

Amy
AlabamaAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:27 PM   #8  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Well, I went back out into the hot room yesterday and put in the 5 mile challenge. I fast forwarded through the walking and did minimal there. I wanted to use the weights and belt. I really had every intention of doing the stretchie as well, but didn't have the stamina.

I'd spent the entire morning in my kitchen. I tore my stove apart and cleaned it. Then I resealed the granite counters. Then I waxed and polished my cabinets (well, most of them). That was over 2 hours of lifting, bending and climbing up and down on my tall step stool. I was determined to get in a workout and did less than I intended, but I did it.

Do you count these workouts as miles or aerobics in FitDay?
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:52 PM   #9  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Hello! New to this group. I have been doing WATP for all most a year now! I love, love, love them! I really want to get the Walk Slim to add to my collection, and has anyone tried that one that has the multi colored step type thing? I wonder if that's any good.
But as for me, I did 2 Miles Express today, and will hopefully get another 1 or 2 mile in, in a couple of hours. I am glad I found this place, where I can be with people doing the same thing!
Tami
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #10  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I went home yesterday and could only make it through 2 miles of the 5 mile challenge. I did the weights and walk. My back room was about 100 degrees and I was feeling funny towards the end.

I'm going home early again today and try to finish the remaining 3 miles of the 5 mile challenge.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:24 PM   #11  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

I ended up doing 3 miles yesterday. And today I'm going to do Walk Kick, which is 30 minutes, but I'm not sure if its 2 miles. And then maybe another 1 or 2 mile this evening. Yay for WATP!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:55 PM   #12  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

PinkHoodie: Yes, Walk & Kick is 2 miles and if you have Walk & Jog, that's 2.5 miles! Way to go on the miles!
Old 07-03-2007, 05:42 PM   #13  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

Thanks! I used to have Walk Jog, but I didn't like it. Right now its just to hard on my knees and stuff, so I got rid of it. Anyone do the Walk Slim ones? I have watched the preview on her website and really like the music. I might end up getting it to rotate in my collection. Thanks for the encouragement though!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Thumbs up Tuesday

Hi!

Well...last night instead of walking inside to a DVD i walked outside for nearly 2 hours! As i rounded the development and came back to my house i switched dogs each time, so all 3 dogs got a nice walk too! And did i ever feel it this morning. i'll walk tonight...but not as long! And i want to dig out my hand weights too!

Hey Pink---i have thw WalkBlaster (the multi color step thing) and i used it a few times. i am still new to Leslie so all i can say is it's a nice addition to her workouts. It's a bit large and clunky so you need a place to store it out of sight.

Later!
eibbed
debzdogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #15  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Pink: I LOVE Walk Slim! It's probably my favorite of all her workouts (and I have most of them!). I just ordered a new one in the Walk Slim series. It should be here at the end of the week (hopefully before DH is home). It's called Fast & Firm: 4 really BIG Miles and it looks great! Like you said, the music is so motivating and this one looks to have more of the same!

No workout for me today. We'll see if I do one yet tonight.

Michele