Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-30-2007, 10:11 AM   #1  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 141 / 136 / 120

Height: 5"3

Default The Daily Plate calorie goal....?

....can it be trusted?

I entered all my info into The Daily Plate site and it said my calorie goal every day was 1685?? That is literally 300+ calories more than I eat now! I did say I was 'very active' due to my daily 20 mins jogs and strength training......do you think the site was accurate? or is it way too much?

please help!

leda
TurboLeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:21 AM   #2  
Yes, I can! Yes, I am!

S/C/G: 182/152/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Leda, that actually sounds about right to me...based on what my doc has told me ... too few calories keep you from losing...
LilMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #3  
What am I waiting for?

S/C/G: 315/254/160

Height: 5'6"

i am not sure i put in that i wanted to lose 5lbs a week and it said to eat almost 1400 cal per day. I would think that would only be a 2lbs loss per week. I hope some other people can answer this better for you.
jasmine987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:24 PM   #4  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I use the daily plate myself and I think when you are entering in your activity level, it's not including your daily exercise. It's asking you for your normal activity level throughout the day (for example if you work a desk job and sit most of the day versus a physical labor job). I work a desk job, so I am only lightly active. I am 185 and trying to lose 2lbs a week...they said my calorie goal was 1390.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:34 AM   #5  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

I would also probably say that unless you're a lumberjack or something, a "very active" setting for calories on The Daily Plate might be overestimating it a bit. I've also found that when entering activity and exercise there (and on most calorie websites) that they overshoot how many calories it burns. BUT that doesn't mean that you won't be able to lose weight at a healthy rate while eating that number of calories. I'd say give it a shot for a couple of weeks, and then adjust accordingly by dropping it a hundred or so calories and repeating the same process if necessary.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:16 AM   #6  
Empress/Queen

I think it sounds about right, actually. But you might want to run the numbers on another calorie counting site and compare.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:15 AM   #7  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 141 / 136 / 120

Height: 5"3

thanks so much!!!! I set it to lightly active and now it makes more sense.
TurboLeda is offline   Reply With Quote