Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-30-2007, 02:14 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi, my name is Lynsey and I'm addicted to

my SCALE! Anytime I am trying to lose weight I weigh myself all the time. Everytime I go into my bathroom! I even bought myself a new digital one today! I know it's not good but I can't stop!

I especially LOVE my morning weigh ins.

Anyone ONLY weigh once a week or less? I'd like to weigh on Sundays since I just started again last Sunday but I can't make it a day without jumping on.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:07 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

I weigh almost every day, once a day. Try that--always at the same time if possible. How about have one day that's your "official" weigh in every week, and only record that weight for your progress?

Also, some folks only record the "new lows" whenever they happen, and leave out all the ups and downs.

You get to do it any way you want.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:06 AM   #3  

Weighing more than once a day is a bit dodgy, because even if the inevitable fluctuations upwards during the day (as you eat and drink) don't upset you, they arn't accurate anyway.

I weigh myself every morning, roughly same time, before I dress or eat..its my body's actual, *unloaded* weight.

I'm TRYING to only take notice of my weight "officially" once a week - every monday, how original am I!! - but its hard not to get swept up by 1/2/3lb daily fluctuations..they are really annoying.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:35 AM   #4  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

I weigh once a week. Last time I lost a lot of weight I NEVER weighed. The scale does bad things to me so I control the urge to weigh myself and leave it to Tuesday mornings after I potty, and undressed.

I find that weighing myself everyday can discourage me from doing a daily workout or eating right that day, but if I get to the WEEKLY weigh-in...I'm like "Dude! I lost 3 lbs!!!!"....even a lb would be acceptable
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I used to be like that.I would weigh several times a day , if I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.....I would weigh myself.This did
not cause me to lose faster and only caused a lot of stress.I now weigh once a week , first thing in the morning. This way I avoid seeing the normal , but annoying fluctuations.Once I got into the habit I was much more relaxed.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:50 AM   #6  

I've never weighed myself more than once a day, but in the past, I can get to the point where I'm weighing myself almost every day. This is not good for my emotional well-being, though. I tend to stress about fluctuations too much. It affects my mood for the day, what I end up eating, and even my workouts. So, I'm much better off avoiding the scale.

If you want to break your scale addiction, one thing that worked for me was just putting the scale away (in some place where you won't see it every day).
lynnm39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

I have days that I weight more than once. As long as it doesn't bother me that my weight changes. What does it hurt. I figure not weighing myself is what got me obese in the first place. What sane person would keep weighing themself and see the weight keep going up and never down and not do something about it. I will never go more than a week without knowing what I weigh.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

I was just thinking of this today! I weigh usually in the a.m., but I try not to go by the scale too much and judge also by how my clothes feel.

I am thinking of putting the scale out of sight and weighing only once a week.
remtana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:25 AM   #9  

I already designated Sunday as my day. But, I do it all day long everyday and don't count it. In my head I do but not on paper...or online I guess. I also like to see it 2 times before I "really" count it. I saw a low yesterday that is .5 pound lower than today so if I'm back down by tomorrow's weigh in I'll record it. I also know it will more than likely go up through out the day so I only record morning weights.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #10  

Oh, and I tried hiding it in my bathroom closet but I STILL got it out at least 3 times a day. Nothing works.

Weighing myself is THE FIRST thing on my mind everyday. I actually can't wait to get up and do it. I know as the weight levels off I won't be so excited but I have kicked butt this last week and love seeing results for the hard work.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

3 years ago when I was so obsessed with the scale that I was on it about every 2 hours, this is what I did to break that habit.I lived in a 3rd floor apartment so I took my scale down and locked it in the trunk of my car.I now live in a ground floor apartment with my car just outside the door, but I have broken my obsession.This is what I am doing while I am losing, after I get to goal and am trying to maintain I will use different tactics.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:12 PM   #12  
Running to Catch Up

S/C/G: 261/ticker/150

I seriously have a problem with this. I weight myself every morning and sometimes before bed "just to see" (which is really stupid). I was actually thinking of putting the scale in my husband's car and having him bring it in once or twice a week for me (he's doing Adkins and has the same problem with weighing in multiple times a week).
Minty Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #13  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

I was just like you, up till last week.

The beginning of the year, I was so good. I weighed myself only at the end of the month. That lasted about 3 months, then it snowballed from there. I ended up weighing myself every single time I went in the bathroom too. I only recorded the end of the month #.

Last week I went to the beach, came back knowing I HAD to have gained something, but the battery died! I was crushed. Then I realized do I really want to know the damage I've done? That will just discourage me big time. So I've decided to wait till the end of the YEAR to replace it! (did I just say that?) Yep, that's what I'm going to do. It's been tough not knowing how much I weigh, but like all addictions, the less you do it, the easier it gets to stop obsessing. Now I just use an old dress I used to fit into. I will keep trying it on to see if I've slimmed down. The scale was awful anyways. So many ups and downs! I think I'll like this better.

But of course, if the battery didn't die, I'd probably be on that scale right now.

Heidi
180/16?/normal
doIlookfat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I love weighing at different times of the day every day. I only record my first morning reading though. I go pee, take off my clothes and hop on the scale. Then i write that number down on my calendar. I record my weight every day. That way i get to know my body and know what kind of fluctuations i have, how much i "gain" due to excersize or TOM. I don't have a problem with it affecting me unless it causes me to make more of an effort to drink more water because i feel i may be retaining fluids. So, that is actually a good thing.

If you can't handle it, i suggest you go lock it up out in your car or something. at least you'll get more excerisize going outside to get it out in order to weigh in every two hours. lol.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:16 PM   #15  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Like you, I weigh all day every day. I suppose I am a nerd, but I also created an Excel chart where I log every mornings weight. I love my chart because even when my weight does fluctuate, I can look at the chart and see that the trend is very much downward. I also now have a pretty good idea when my body is going to level off and when I can expect a drop. I've always heard weighing so much is bad but for me it works and that is what is important. If it works for you as well then keep it up, it certainly isn't doing any harm.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote