Old 06-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #1  

Talking First day on byetta!!!!

Ok so i just took my first shot of byetta to control my pre-diebetes. Im so excited to get down to a healthy weight and feel better! I feeling kinda sick to my stomach but thats one of the side effects i guess.

WISH ME LUCK!!!!
akgurl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I LOVED byetta. I took it for the same reason. It kept me feeling full SO much longer than normal. One word of caution about the nausea, dont over eat. If you eat like you normally do, you can get quite sick. For an example. I used to eat a 6 inch sub and chips from subway. On byetta, i ate half the sub and about half the chips. Pay close attention to when you feel full and STOP, dont take another bite. You will be surprised how long you are full on so little.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

What is byetta?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:41 PM   #4  

Is Byetta anything like gluccofage (sp?). My Dr wanted me to go on this due to insulin resistance but I decided not to for now. She did say that one side effect for many is that they lose alot of weight.
Judy
judyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:13 PM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Byetta is an injectible medication for diabetes control. It is derived from the saliva of the Gila Monster (lizard) . . . I believe . . . I don't use it myself (in fact, I don't believe it is even available in Canada at present), but a few of our regular posters do (they must all be off starting their long weekend celebrations early). Apparently in Europe it is also used as an aid to weight loss for non-diabetics.

Here is a link to the Byetta website . . . http://www.byetta.com/index.jsp . . . hopefully that will help answer your questions.

Glucophage (the generic name is Metformin). I do take. It is a tablet and, although I don't know that it helps people to lose weight or not, it is one of the few diabetic meds that is not noted for making weight loss more difficult. Most of the oral meds are -- and definitely easy of weight gain is a side-effect of using insulin.

Have a great weekend . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:28 AM   #6  

Yeah its a shot i inject into my stomach. Its a small needle so its not to bad. I have only been on it for 5 days and i have lost almost 5 POUNDS!!!!!! I feel really full all day and dont have to eat like i used to. It keeps my sugars up and i dont munch all day.
Thanks for the support guys!!!!
akgurl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:33 PM   #7  
Ready for ACTION!!!

I have lost 45 pounds using Byetta since Feb 2007. I think this drug is my miracle and I am thankful for it. Sometimes I do get sick even still, but haven't had alot of the side effects to the extent that I'd consider stopping it. I have stalled a bit from lack of exercise, so I came back here for some support and mojo to get going again!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:49 PM   #8  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

I am no longer on Byetta. I admit, it worked great the first few months, but then I became alot more active in my workouts, I found myself overeating. I actually had asked my Dr to take me off of Byetta, along with the orals, and the Lantus. When I had asked him back in June to take me off of this, I had learned how to eat better on my own. How to curb my cravings. How to incorporate fiber/water into my diet, etc. I have no regrets being off of this. I honestly feel after the 1st few months my body wasn't needing it for its intended purposes
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:33 AM   #9  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

How much does it cost? For instance, I have the 3 level pharmacy thing, generics $10, middle brands $20 and name brand $30.
ShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

I have been on Byetta for almost 2 years. I still have times of the side affects of nausea... some foods just don't sit well. From what I understand, it slows down digestion... for me, lettuce is a no-no... it's like it sits in my tummy and ferments- and the gas must escape some way- yucky burps and gas.... but, I'm still on it... it's just learning which foods to avoid. I've also learned that I HAVE to have some protein when I take it... no more toast and fruit, or dry cereal... I have to have some milk, some cheese, peanut butter, yogurt, etc... For me, on insurance, it falls in the name brand drug- $25 a month plus the needles.... they won't cover it as a maintanace drug like they do others (3 months for the copay of one month)... but I did come off of 3 other drugs when I started this one....

Reba
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #11  
I'm Big, God is Bigger!

S/C/G: 289/275/200

Height: 5'3"

This really is soooo crazy! I got on here to ask if anyone was on Byetta. I just started last Thursday. I have no insurance, but my doc is giving me a sample. I am also on metformin, 2000 mg a day. I do arobics everyday and also take care of my elderly grandma who weighs over 200 lbs. I wasn't losing weight so he decided to put me on the Byetta pen. My problem is that the first 3 times it wasn't causing me any pain, but then ever since then it hurts. Anybody have any clues?

Anyway, I am there with you. I am new to it and praying that it works for me and you too!
rachelfern is offline   Reply With Quote