General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 10:35 PM   #1  

Default Merida---Let's Try It Again In 2002

I am starting a new thread cause two pages is too long for me. I never thought I'd be starting one of these again---everyone had dissappeared.

Barbara, I will answer your question via email. Glad however that Merida is helping with your appetite.

Ruthieeeeeeeeeeee, there you are girl. Love your snow scene. How are you doing. Yes, don't take Merida till after doc has said OK.

Frosty, I was just thinking of you the other day. Welcome back. Wedding over, new job--WOW. And 4 lbs is not much to gain. I gained 12 lbs when we vacationed in Hawaii in November and have just managed to get back to where I was.

My goal for the rest of this month till Jan 1 is to stay at the weight I am now. I figure that I will eat at some parties and keep on my food program and exercise throughout the holiday season.

To date, I have lost 90 lbs, so I am satisfied.

Take care and post.

Last edited by nikolas; 12-11-2001 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-12-2001, 07:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Nik,
Hi-Long time no chat!
I used to come to the chat room in the evening-but mostly stay in the forum now-and I wanted to pop in and see how you were doing. 90 pounds is wonderful! You have lost the equivalent of a junior high school child! A whole person!
You are one of the greatest women on this site-and wanted to wish you well as you go down.
I was off track for a while due to some minor health problems, but I am back on track this past week and have lost 4 already, and I feel better.
Take care,
Aphil
202/198/160
Old 12-12-2001, 09:26 AM   #3  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default Hi Nik!!!

I'm am completely impressed that you have managed to drop those extra vacation pounds....Good for you!

I am struggling immensely due to my usual stresses.....(have an exam tonight...and I should really be studying...get the picture?).

I am hoping to "relax" and concentrate more on myself once this is over....and I CAN EVEN VISIT ON CHAT AND STAY UP LATE AND TOTALLY ABUSE MYSELF...isn't that wonderful? I can't wait!

Stayed the same this month.....which is good considering all I've been eating....have a few more lunches and social events this month..so it will definitely be challenging.

Anyhow...keep up the good work...you should be very proud of yourself....see you in Chat some evening soon!

Frouf
Old 12-12-2001, 07:10 PM   #4  

Thanks for wlcoming me back!

Heh, Frouf I noticed you live "way up in Canada" I am in Calgary, how bout you?

Nik - ditto to the congrats on you losing 90 pounds. You must feel wonderful! I think your goal until January is both realistic and attainable - I hope it happens for you.
Old 12-13-2001, 01:28 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, way to go Nik! 90 pounds is awesome.

I go in for a D&C tomorrow followed by some hormone adjustments. After that I will be on my Doc's case re starting Meridia. Will do the lying down and being drugged heart test if necessary. Somehow I don't think I'll ever pass the treadmill test until I ditch some of this weight.

2002 is gonna be it! But I'll lurk and snoop and pop in before then!
Old 12-13-2001, 02:00 PM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default Good luck Ruth!

...with the surgery and with the prescription from your doctor....hope all goes well.

Frosty...I'm located in Ottawa, Canada....just a hop skip and a jump away from you!

Frouf
Old 12-16-2001, 03:48 PM   #7  

Good luck Ruth!

I am struggling this week, I am afraid that the christmas baking has won over my will power.

I think you have the right idea Nik - I hope to maintain my current weight over Xmas...I will be busy with that nevermind trying to lose.

Heh Frouf, Ottawa is a lovely city. I haven't been in awhile but have very fond memories!

Hope everyone is doing better than me!
Old 12-19-2001, 01:00 AM   #8  

Greetings.....boy is this a busy time of year. I made cookies tonight (for a cookie swap) and instead of trying just one, had to try three.

Ruthxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, I had D&C after coming back from Hawaii.....my doctor loves to do them---think they pay for her winter vacation. Hope everything went well.

I am also doing WW at Work since I figured another group could not hurt. Our leader told us that the average person gains 7-11 lbs. over the holidays. I could put that on overnight. I am trying to plan what days, I will splurge so hopefully will not be in an eating frenzy.

This is my first holiday season on my food program. Trying to enjoy but not to overeat.

Hope everyone is doing well. Take care.
Old 12-20-2001, 02:22 PM   #9  

Well, I managed to gain control of my eating - the total damage was +2 pounds. I guess that is better than the 11 you mentioned that the avg person puts on right Nik?
I know Christmas isn't over yet, but I am pretty sure I made myself sick and disgusted with over doing it.
Tonite is my office xmas party at a swanky restaurant, so you know what that will be like! Actually, it is only an appie and drinks kind of party so I will keep it under control.
My goal for Jan. 01 is to weigh 197 - wish me luck
Old 12-22-2001, 10:51 PM   #10  

No, 2 lbs is nothing Frosty. I am just trying to do as well as I can. It is hard. I find myself reverting to old habits. Went to a cookie swap on Thursday night. Lots of yummy cookies came home and I, of course, had a few. Fine, not a big deal. But then Friday a.m. I eyed them first thing. Had the container open and almost took one but got a grip and made my Cherrios and milk. It is soooooooo easy to just keep on eating.

The party you went to is just the type where I love to eat. I love "pickies"

Unfortunately for me, I find that I can still eat quite a bit and not feel the effects. One would think that after almost 11 months my body would reject too much food.

Good luck during the rest of the season.
Old 12-29-2001, 11:28 AM   #11  

Went looking for this and found it on the 2nd page. Figure that I would post and let you know how I have been doing during this time of feasting.

Got on the scale yesterday and looks like I have gained 1 1/2 lbs. I can only look at this as a positive. I think about what I was doing last year at this time. The holiday season (Thanksgiving thru New Years Day) was a time for full scale eating, with the usual promises that on January 2nd, I would "be good". I have eaten at parties, eaten foods that are "special" holiday foods etc. But I have also been sticking to what is now my normal routine. Three meals a day and if I snack it is with healthy snacks

I do confess, however, that I will be glad when January rolls around. There is soooooooo much food everywhere.

Hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve
Old 01-01-2002, 07:46 PM   #12  

Default Happy New Year

Official weigh in this morning shows that I am starting 2002 at 199.5.
I am pretty motivated for the new year and to move out of neutral into drive for weight loss - who's coming for the ride???
Old 01-01-2002, 11:26 PM   #13  

Congrats Frosty---you must feel wonderful. I am recommitting since I have not done well over the holidays.

My New Year's resolution (although I do not believe in them) is to get back to exercising every day.

I did that for months and if I planned on every day then I usually got 6 days of exercise in.

I look forward to the coming months......

Take care.
Old 01-02-2002, 02:23 PM   #14  

So much for starting the New Year gung ho - I feel awful. I seemed to have managed to have come down with an awful cold. So, I plan to give into it today and relax to try to get rid of this...
How is everyone doing??
Old 01-06-2002, 01:56 PM   #15  

Thankfully the cold didn't last longer than a couple of days.
I even made it to the gym 2x!
Also, I have been making a real effort in planning and preparing healthy foods.
So far, I am right on track. Today was weigh in day and I lost my Christmas gain and am at 198 again.
How is everyone else?
Closed Thread