View Poll Results: Have you seen a body to which you aspire? Where did you see it?
In a gym? 8 21.05%
On the street? 9 23.68%
On TV? 11 28.95%
The movies? 3 7.89%
A magazine? 7 18.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2007, 12:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default The Ideal Body

Have you seen a body to which you aspire? Where did you see it?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:32 AM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I really like naturally feminine, strong and curvy bodies like Kate Winslett and Sara Ramirez (Callie, George's wife on Grey's Anatomy).
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:39 AM   #3  

I recently saw a girl with a really great body on a magazine cover, I have no idea who she is, and don't remember what magazine cover she was on (some fitness magazine). But she was small/feminine, but yet she was toned and had nice muscles, and didn't look unnaturally thin, but just right.
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:02 AM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

I am realistic - I would love to have a body like Nigella Lawson some day. I want to be wonderfully voluptuous and "plummy"
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:23 AM   #5  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

For me? Healthy and comfortable. Generic, but it's all I want.

However, the figures that charm me the most (more in art than in RL) are petite, not particularly curvy ones. I guess I call it a "boyish figure." Aesthetically I can find women of any shape beautiful and fascinating, but I'm ever-more drawn to little, small-busted, narrow-hipped, and almost fragile ladies - but not the "10-mile legs without a scrap of fat or muscle" models out there! They just seem unhealthy, to me.

Maybe I am so fascinated with boyish figure because I know I won't ever fit in it.

Last edited by Ethereal; 06-28-2007 at 02:27 AM.
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

What I think is the most beautiful is the natural hourglass shape, very feminine. Like I think Katherine Heigl is simply gorgeous. As far as what I'm aspiring too: Allie DelRio from the firm videos. Not really sure what category, I guess movie!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:23 AM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I aspire to the bodies I can never have...I am downright athletic/boyish (who knew with all the fat) with no boobs and barely any hips. So of course, I like curvy, feminine bodies with hips and chests and curvy lines everywhere.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:38 AM   #8  

Height: 5'2"

curvy, hour glass shapes, and also athletic shapes, i think, are the most beautiful. i would love to have a slender, athletic body, but with curves in all the right places, and a cute booty too! some actressses' bodies i apsire to be like are..Evangeline Lily from LOST (like in my avatar), Rachel McAdams, and Charlize Theron (although, i think she's looking a teeny bit too skinny now). if i keep working at it, i'll hopefully get there!
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I'm set on getting Jackie Warner's (the girl from Work Out on Bravo) body, because I feel like it could be obtainable for me. I'm naturally muscular, and don't have the typical hour glass shape. Some women have big breasts, an itty bitty waist, and a great big butt in yo face you get spru...err... I mean, yeah! I have big breasts, a little bit of butt, but never had too much of a waist, even while skinny. I also have broad shoulders. Jackie and I are built similarly... she just has a whole lot less fat.

I admire curvy, hour glass, totally feminine bodies, but I've come to the conclusion that I'll never have one, so athletic with hints of softness works just fine for me.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:45 AM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

I would aspire to have a curvy, voluptuous body like JLo. I guess that is because I have such a flat butt.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
I would aspire to have a curvy, voluptuous body like JLo. I guess that is because I have such a flat butt.
Why aspire to have something you'll never get?

I only ask because I personally don't understand. I'd rather aspire to get something that I know I can achieve, than to wish I had a body like someone else who I know I'll never look like... to each their own , I guess.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I would love to have a body like Allie Del Rio, she is a Firm instructor and she has a nice body. For me though, I work with what I got
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:32 PM   #13  
Addicted to potato salad!

My favorite figure on any woman, hands down, is Carol Smiley from the old Changing Rooms series on the BBC. She has the perfect figure. Curvy, yet skinny, always has a tan and even looks great in a white tank top leotard while nine months pregnant. And she always has great hair, too.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:35 PM   #14  
Addicted to potato salad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
Why aspire to have something you'll never get?

I only ask because I personally don't understand. I'd rather aspire to get something that I know I can achieve, than to wish I had a body like someone else who I know I'll never look like... to each their own , I guess.
Good point. If I had to pick someone who's figure is attainable to me, first thing that comes to mind is Chelsea Handler from Comedy Central. I think if I lost 20 pounds and did lots of sit-ups, I might be able to attain a figure like hers and she has a shape that is worth working towards, too!!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I chose the word aspire on purpose. Thought it meant more of an attainable wish ... something to work toward.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote