Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-27-2007, 08:08 PM   #1  
LLV

Default I just made up a new filling for deviled eggs

I love deviled eggs, but I avoid eating them because of the cholesterol in the yolk used to make the filling. Most of the time I cook the eggs and split them in half, tossing out the yolk and eating them plain, sprinkled with a little bit of salt. But tonight I really wanted deviled eggs and because I watch my cholesterol and have had enough cholesterol-laden foods this week, I need to back off of them a little bit. So I got a weird thought........ what if I mixed plain prepared mustard up into fat-free cream cheese?

So I did and it tastes really good! And that's what I'm going to stuff my eggs with

Just thought I'd share. Has anyone else come up with other yummy things to stuff eggs with? I'd love to hear about it!
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:37 PM   #2  

That sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:38 PM   #3  

And, by the way, congratulations on the great job with the weight loss. I'm impressed!
Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I use only an egg yolk or two for 6-12 eggs. I add the cooked yolk to hummus and season it with chopped onion and mustard and thin it with a little sour cream or ranch dressing if necessary.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I've seen recipes that used mashed potatoes in place of the yolks. Your idea sounds yummy!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:44 PM   #6  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
And, by the way, congratulations on the great job with the weight loss. I'm impressed!
Thank you, I appreciate that

And thanks for the other ideas in this thread!
Old 06-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #7  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Hmm, I was actually thinking that perhaps some tuna/salmon salad (prepared with lowfat or ff mayo) might be good in eggs. Or maybe a FF cream cheese/roasted red pepper type filling might be good. I might just have to buy some eggs to try it out!
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:00 PM   #8  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLouWho View Post
Hmm, I was actually thinking that perhaps some tuna/salmon salad (prepared with lowfat or ff mayo) might be good in eggs. Or maybe a FF cream cheese/roasted red pepper type filling might be good. I might just have to buy some eggs to try it out!
Yum! Tuna salad in eggs, why didn't I think of that? LOL

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #9  
Dieting Diva

I make turkey eggs. I toss the yolks. Then I take diced turkey lunch meat( usually Oscar Mayer Smoked turkey) and use Helman's " best life" mayo( it's not fat free) as a binder. This needs only a bit of pepper and maybe some sort of garnish( still working on that part). What you get is a pale pink filling with a fine texture and a bunch of protein.
When I worked for the caterer we made this dish with wild rice( Uncle Ben's), smoked turkey and mayo. The garnish was a simple slice of green olive with red pimento placed dead center of the egg half.
I made trays, and trays and trays and trays........
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:39 PM   #10  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirak View Post
I make turkey eggs. I toss the yolks. Then I take diced turkey lunch meat( usually Oscar Mayer Smoked turkey) and use Helman's " best life" mayo( it's not fat free) as a binder. This needs only a bit of pepper and maybe some sort of garnish( still working on that part). What you get is a pale pink filling with a fine texture and a bunch of protein.
When I worked for the caterer we made this dish with wild rice( Uncle Ben's), smoked turkey and mayo. The garnish was a simple slice of green olive with red pimento placed dead center of the egg half.
I made trays, and trays and trays and trays........
That sounds yummy!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #11  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Good heavens! I love egg whites, and it NEVER occured to me that I could just stuff them with any ol' thing. I LOVE the fish idea. I am a sucker for tuna salad on toast. I really don't need more bread in my diet...but egg white...all protein and just plain yummy.

You all are freakin' genuises.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote