Old 06-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #1  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Default ***June 25-July 1 Weekly Chat***

Hey. I noticed no one started a weekly chat thread so I thought I'd do it.

Anyways...starting out on week #6 this week. Last week I ended up losing 4.5 lbs. Crazy. And I was never hungry either. It's probably adding exercise into my routine that did it. I am definetly starting to see changes in the way I look and feel. I'm finally starting to see some of my confidence slowly but surely come back. Yesterday I even went out and bought a few outfits for myself. It's a great feeling.

Anyways here are my goals for this week:
-Keep up with what I'm already doing: getting enough sleep and water and exercise and eating healthy.
-Only step on the scale once a week for my weigh in. Almost did this last week but cheated twice.

Good luck to everyone else and their goals for the week.
We can do this...one week at a time.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/225/175

Congrats on the 4.5lbs loss!! Thats amazing!

My goals for this week will be to:
stick to my 1600 calories or less a day
go to the gym everyday Monday through Friday
lose 2 pounds so that I'll have lost my first 10 pounds this month
kiss me kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

4.5 pounds? ROCK ON, glitterlicious!

My goals... are to lose 2 pounds this week,
stay under 1,500 calories a day
stay under 50g fat
eat AT LEAST 75g protein
less than 200g carbs
and less than 2,000 mg sodium
I work out frequently and getting myself to exercise is a non-issue, so my main focus is nutrition.

Those are my goals for every week, but last week, I slipped up majorly. I ate CHINESE FOOD, SPAGHETTI, and RED LOBSTER... SO... I'm trying to get my butt back on track!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:59 AM   #4  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone! Wow, 4.5 pounds! That is awesome! I wish I could do that! My wi last week, I lost 1.2 I'm happy about that! And my scale at home today said 133.5, the lowest it's been in a long time!! I'm happy about that!
And I hear ya about the confidence... I personally am loving wearing tank tops right now, and I never thought I'd want to do that!!
Kids are home for summer vacation, and I also babysit. We just did pool and sprinkler and now we're in for lunch. Have a great day- it's a hot one here in NY!!
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 136/136/120

Height: 5'0

Hey all. I'm back. I hadn't been on since December. A lot has happened since then and while it has been mostly good (I got engaged, bought a house and lots more!) I've gained back the little bit I had lost plus some. I've also developed some very bad eating habits. I found myself in front of the fridge last night wolfing down cold Pasta Roni even though I wasn't particularly hungry. So, hi again all. Congrats to everyone for their own successes!
Feisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls. Glad to see everyone here.

Glitter - 4.5 pounds is amazing keep up the good work.

Kate - Any plans to celebrate the 10 pounds? You should do something for you for meeting your first goal!

NightengaleShane - I wouldn't worry too much about last week. Eveyone messes up once in a while. At least you have a plan to get back on track. And whenever I think about how I messed up I think back to how I use to eat and realize that my slip ups are nothing like how I use to normally eat!

Treighsie - Sounds like the kids are keeping you busy. How old are they? I'm sure your getting a lot of physical activity now that they are home.

Feisty - Welcome back and congradulations on all the good things going on in your life. It sounds like a lot of things are on track now hopefully you can kick those bad eating habits.

As for me I didn't gain or lose last week. But I was very happy to stay the same after being on vacation until Wednesday. Like I said before my choices were not bad but they were not the best either. This week is kindof busy for me with school (actually I think I'm just stressing because the summer semester is going by so fast).

Nothing much is happening this week. I did do something that was a little out of character for me . . . I called a boy. Ok I realize that probable made me sound like I'm 12 but I hare really poor self confidence when it comes to guys. I have this guy friend that I've kindof been crushing on for a while. Anyways I e-mailed him the other day because we got our grades and I wanted to see how he did. He called me back today, told me I should call him more often and that I'm not allowed to e-mail anymore I have to call. We got off the phone and I thought I should have asked him to come over tomorrow because the Detroit Fireworks are tomorrow. Normally I would have been like "oh well he probable wouldn't have come anyways" but today I decided to call him back and invite him. He declined because he is moving tomorrow (which I knew but wasn't sure on the time). We talked a bit then he said that if I don't hear from him by Friday I should call him so we can talk about our class schedules next year. But the point is it's just another area of my life were I've gotten my self cofidence back!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:52 PM   #7  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello ladies! I'm super busy this week, as was last week, but I just wanted a chance to say hello and see what's been going on. Crazy stuff is going on, especially with Tim's work and I ALMOST got a chance to do something for myself Man I just love putting my life on hold...anywho, back to making dinner and stuff. I've been all over the place, even to an appointment with Tim so to relax and just make dinner is heavenly.
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:31 PM   #8  
No pain, no gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty View Post
Hey all. I'm back. I hadn't been on since December. A lot has happened since then and while it has been mostly good (I got engaged, bought a house and lots more!) I've gained back the little bit I had lost plus some. I've also developed some very bad eating habits. I found myself in front of the fridge last night wolfing down cold Pasta Roni even though I wasn't particularly hungry. So, hi again all. Congrats to everyone for their own successes!
omg pasta roni is the devil with me. I love it too much.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:42 AM   #9  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Rememberhowtosmile: Good for you for calling him!!! Even if it didn't work out, you can do it again!!!

Also, you asked about my kids. My own kids are 10, 8 and 6. The ones I watch are 10, 5, 4 and 2. And yes, they keep active! They love the pool and the slip n slide! And the swingset! But today is supposed to be another scorcher (90s) so that is tough. You don't want to be out too much.

Today I'm going to try to drink a lot of water. My scale went up 2 pounds from yesterday. I'm not looking too much into that because I ONLY ate my 20 points yesterday, so I really couldn't have gained 2 whole pounds. I will try to drink my water today.
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:07 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemeberHowToSmile View Post
NightengaleShane - I wouldn't worry too much about last week. Eveyone messes up once in a while. At least you have a plan to get back on track. And whenever I think about how I messed up I think back to how I use to eat and realize that my slip ups are nothing like how I use to normally eat!
You are SO right about this! Even with my slip-ups, my caloric average last week was 1,622 calories - if I calorie counted back when I was eating CRAP, I think I would be SHOCKED and APPALED! I piled on the white rice, the pasta, the bread, the sauces, and I LOVED FRIED things. I still DO love fried foods and bad carbs, but I know I can't have them in large quantities if I want to lose weight. I actually look back on some of the stuff I used to eat and think, "whoa... I can't believe I ate that! How disgusting and unhealthy of me!" I now can't understand for the life of me how anyone could enjoy fast food... a lot of those meals have a whole day's worth of disgusting, greasy calories. Ewwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemeberHowToSmile View Post
Nothing much is happening this week. I did do something that was a little out of character for me . . . I called a boy. Ok I realize that probable made me sound like I'm 12 but I hare really poor self confidence when it comes to guys.
That might sound silly to some, but not to me. I have NO confidence in the dating department, but I've been in a relationship for 2 years. Still, if I was single, I wouldn't have any confidence just yet to pursue anyway. I was VERY self-confident back when I actually *was* single, but I was also very thin. Congradulations on calling the boy!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:52 AM   #11  

Height: 5'2"

today was a really good day. see, i'm an intern this summer at this hotel in the food & beverage department, and we had our briefing this morning. my supervisors and co-workers said that i looked like a lost some weight, and looked tons better than when i came in my first day! i've been pretty good with exercising, and food-wise it's going well too. i overate a little bit for dinner, but it's ok! i'll just be more aware of what i eat from now on. it happens.
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

hey guys! I don't usually participate in the weekly threads, but why not! congratulations everyone on your successes, I really like this forum since we're all young and we can all relate.
this week thus far has been a little nuts for me! I've had to go to THREE restaurants (count em, THREE!) in the past FOUR days, but somehow I've managed to not gain any weight. Of course, I haven't really lost either, but you know what? I used to gain 5 lbs after every restaurant visit, so yay for me....
Saturday was a mexican place, where I got a fajita wrap and got all the sauces and what not on the side and forgot to ask for a whole wheat wrap, so I ended up just eating the insides (of course all my friends gave me crap for that, but whatever! I always say the same thing when people comment on my food choices now, "I know what I want!" and that usually ends it.)
Monday was a "family reunion" of sorts at this really nice Seafood-esque place. I got a Warm Goat Cheese Salad w/ a Lobster Cocktail. Who knew that Lobster was so low in calories?! Too bad its so expensive!
Yesterday I got to meet up with most of my friends from school, which was so exciting! It was disgustingly hot and we walked a lot of places, and I made sure I didn't eat too much in the morning so when we got to our favorite Thai place, I could order what I wanted. I splurged quite a bit though - Thai Iced Tea, A Salad, and Pad Thai (I ate the whole plate! I didn't used to eat the entire plate when I was NOT dieting and gaining all my college weight!) - so I REALLY thought I would not be seeing happy things on the scale this morning. I made sure I drank tons of water last night though, and today the scale is just the same as yesterday!

Wow, I guess these are NSVs. I really wanted to see weight loss this week (my weigh in is Thursday) but it looks like it will only be a .5 lb loss. At least its something, and HEY! I dealt with restaurants quite well
Oh, and it was great seeing my friends from school, because I haven't seen them in two months. They all commented on how good I look, and how I look really great. My one friend said, "you don't even look like you lost a ton of weight, you just look so much better and healthier!" To me, that's a great compliment because I don't want to be one of those people who look like they lost a person and are still flabby and what not. I want to look strong and muscular!

Okay, now I've blathered on a bit, maybe these threads are dangerous for me... hahha well good luck everyone with their weekly goals!
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:10 PM   #13  
No pain, no gain.

Ugh...does anyone else feel fat and gross when it's super hot outside?

I've been doing really well all week so far but right now I feel all nasty.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:25 PM   #14  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

I feel disgusting when it's hot outside...especially if I actually start sweating. It takes a lot for me to get that hot but with the humidity here it happens so fast sometimes. Once the sweat starts I feel like a big fat hog, except I know hogs don't sweat
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #15  

I feel gross about the heat, but since I live in Florida, I've gotten used to it. It's so hot down here that stepping outside for five minutes will make you sweat balls.

I ride my bike 20 miles every day in this heat, so I'm no longer phased by it. I hate the way my face feels when I'm done, but I wash it and pray that I don't break out.

Think of it this way, girls:
One of the ways you lose fat is by sweating. Sweat those calories off! When you're in the heat, you're burning more than you are in an air conditioned room (unless, of course, you're TOO cold - that will also speed up your metabolism.)