Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-26-2007, 01:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Old Navy's new jeans

So Old Navy had their big "denim event" and unveiled their new line of jeans that are supposed to fit better. I bought a pair of their "sweetheart" jeans and when I tried them on in the fitting room they were a little snug but I was happy with the fit, length, etc. Well when I get my stuff home I, of course, threw out the tags and receipt because I liked them. Well I wore them and within a couple hours they had stretched out so much that I had to keep pulling them up and the butt was all saggy! I knew they were stretch material but that's a little ridiculous. Has anyone else experienced this? Also would I be able to exchange them without tags or receipt? I'd hate to sell them on ebay for 1/3 the price after 2 hours of wear.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:06 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

What sizes do they go up to and length ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #3  

Hello,

I would try to return them. They may give you an in-store credit for them. If you are really unhappy with their product, I am sure that they will work something out. You could try to talk to the manager if they do not return them.

Good luck!
starzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:43 PM   #4  

Leenie, In the store they go up to size 20 with inseams from 30.5 to 34.5, they may have more sizes online, I'm not sure.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #5  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I had the SAME problem with a pair of Lane Bryant capris!!! They are only 2% spandex, fit perfectly in the store and 2 hours later, the waist is HUGE and the butt is saggy!!! I am returning them for a smaller size, even though I wore them. I'll just wash them first.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:34 PM   #6  

I took them back today and while I definitely got some attitude from the cashier she did return them. I didn't even bother getting a smaller size because I didn't want them to be too tight in the waist when I first put them on and get the muffin top! I guess I'll just be looking elsewhere for jeans.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Actually, i had this very same problem. The jeans are only 3% spandex, but after wearing them for a little while, i too had to keep pulling them up. I could pull the waist out a whole size away from my body. I think that is ridiculous. The 8's I couldn't even pull up past my thighs in the fitting room and the 10's were perfect...although a little snug in the thighs in the fitting room. The length is a good 4 inches too long in the average. i had to roll my pants legs up. i am a little disappointed. this was the first time i ever shopped at old navy. not sure if i'll go back now or not.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:12 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8

OMG & I thought i was the only one! I bought both the Sweetheart & Flirt jeans and soon, i felt like they were a size too big and I have to constantly wash them to shrink them up. Then I went back to try on the smaller size, but I can't get them buttoned. It is frustrating, so I figure I'll wait till i lose like 5 lbs, then I'll get the next smaller size, but then those will probably get baggy too!
iluvshopping107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:33 PM   #9  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I have that trouble with ALL Old Navy clothes and rarely shop there anymore. I think it's the case of "you get what you pay for." They are made inexpensively using low-cost materials so they stretch out really fast, jeans, shirts, whatever, they all seem to have the same problem, and not only do they stretch out quickly when you're wearing them they stretch out permanently quite quickly too so it seems you can't wear them very long before they've lost all shape and need to be thrown out. But it IS cheap, so if you're going down through sizes quickly it may not be that much of a problem.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:06 AM   #10  
:)

S/C/G: 167/140/120

Height: 5'2"

Ohhhh man.

I just bought a pair today.
Threw away the reciept and tags and everything.

I wish I would have seen this first.
Dagnabbit.
BumpSetSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:37 PM   #11  

I was still able to return mine with no tags or receipt. Worse case they should at least give you store credit.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:44 PM   #12  

I bought a pair of the Flirt jeans and I haven't had any problems yet.

edited to add: I am short. I still had to get them altered. But I had paid with a gift card so I didn't care.

Last edited by MissGiggles; 07-30-2007 at 01:06 PM.
MissGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:32 PM   #13  
:)

S/C/G: 167/140/120

Height: 5'2"

oh okay

good deal then
BumpSetSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #14  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Oh wow, I had that problem too! I don't know which style I got, but they were really baggy in the butt and thigh the first time I wore them! Here I was thinking I lost more weight :P But also, I got them in short and they STILL dragged the ground. I'm 5'5! That's ABOVE average height! I've never had any trouble with Old Navy whatsoever before.
charolastra00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #15  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

stretch jeans in general will do that.... not usually to that extent, but they do stretch to being 1/2 to 1 size bigger in the first hour of wearing them, so you should always buy small if you want em to fit right.
isthatreallyme is offline   Reply With Quote