Old 06-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #1  

Default The fireman's ball

What do you guys think would be an acceptable goal weight for me to shoot for, by October 27th?

Our annual Fireman's Ball is scheduled for October 27th, and I'd kinda like to impress a certain firefighter who will be there, so I was just wondering what goal weight I should shoot for...
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #2  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

2 pounds per week would be about 36 pounds if I counted the weeks properly.

That's a realistic goal, though some people set a goal for just a pound per week.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:41 PM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I'd go for 2 per week. If you aren't able to do that, then adjust it down. I wouldn't try to do more than that because I don't like to get discouraged!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:46 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I think the only thing you shoud "shoot for" is eating healthy nutriitous foods in normal sized portions. Really tracking them and being honest with yourself. I think you should also "shoot for" adding exercise and activity to your daily life. Those are goals that you KNOW for sure you can obtain. That's what you have control over. Now IF you do those things, you are sure to have a nice weightloss come the end of October. Who knows how much? 25 lbs? 30 lbs? Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. Whatever the case, you will be feeling and looking so much better. The new healty lifestyle will become part of your life and that will be your new normal. So no matter how much weight you've lost you will be well on your way to a better, healthier, fitter and more active you.

Good luck. You CAN do this. The end of October is plenty of time to make a substantial change in your life. I look forward to hearing about your progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I think the only thing you shoud "shoot for" is eating healthy nutriitous foods in normal sized portions. Really tracking them and being honest with yourself. I think you should also "shoot for" adding exercise and activity to your daily life. Those are goals that you KNOW for sure you can obtain. That's what you have control over. Now IF you do those things, you are sure to have a nice weightloss come the end of October. Who knows how much? 25 lbs? 30 lbs? Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. Whatever the case, you will be feeling and looking so much better. The new healty lifestyle will become part of your life and that will be your new normal. So no matter how much weight you've lost you will be well on your way to a better, healthier, fitter and more active you.

Good luck. You CAN do this. The end of October is plenty of time to make a substantial change in your life. I look forward to hearing about your progress.
Thank you! I think thats just what I'll shoot for. A healthier, more active self. And maybe in the process I'll hit my "mini goal" (28 pounds).
Old 06-25-2007, 10:06 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

And you know what's amazing? If you hit the 25 pound mark instead of the 28 pound mark, you will still feel so great about yourself and so confident that the 3 pounds won't make a difference to you - and certainly won't matter to him. It will be the self-confidence more than the weight loss itself that will make you that much more attractive. (Of course, the ability to fit into a smaller size won't hurt at all!)
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:13 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieDawn View Post
And you know what's amazing? If you hit the 25 pound mark instead of the 28 pound mark, you will still feel so great about yourself and so confident that the 3 pounds won't make a difference to you - and certainly won't matter to him. It will be the self-confidence more than the weight loss itself that will make you that much more attractive. (Of course, the ability to fit into a smaller size won't hurt at all!)
Thats exactly what I'm shooting for, more self-confidence. If I can look better, I'll feel better about myself, and hopefully be able to let my real self come out of hiding when I'm around him. Instead of trying to hide in the corner all the time..
Old 06-26-2007, 09:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Size 26W/Size 24W/Size 8

Height: 5'7 1/2"

2 lbs/week means you get a big loss every week... It's doable, but everybody's body is different and the scale is fickle. I just set my goals at 5 lbs/month even though I'm usually able to exceed that. Better to be over and excited than under and depressed.
rubberlegs is offline   Reply With Quote