Old 06-25-2007, 09:29 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - June 25/07

Good morning and welcome to a new week.

Not a good weekend for me program-wise. I had some friends over on Friday nite and even though I was careful about not eating too much during the day, it was hard to stay away from the munchies. And drinking wine always reduces the will-power, desn't it?

Of course, I was a bit fuzzy the next day (from the wine) and made some bad food choices. This spilled over into Sunday, I'm afraid. But it's a new week and I'm back on track.

It was an odd weekend weather-wise. There were actually F4 tornadoes in this region on Friday, with localized flooding. Saturday was really weird with a mixture of torrential rain and sun. Things cleared up yesterday and it looks as though we're going to have a few days of sunshine. I certainly hope so; my plants aren't doing very well -- too much moisture and insufficient sun. I expect the geraniums will explode into bloom provided we can get 2-3 days of consecutive sunshine.

What's up with everyone?

Susan
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:40 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon!

It's been a crazy 5 days! I can actually take a breath and relax a little now.

Susan: I didn't have a stellar weekend with eating either but Monday brought about a new day and a clean slate I ate way too many desserts on Sunday at the bridal shower and then had pineapple upside down cake that my mom made for my birthday.

The weather here has been on the cool side but no rain--our grass and garden could really use a nice steady rain. It's extremely hot & humid today and we're supposed to have more tomorrow. It's hard to breathe outside.

I worked at the drum corps competition last evening and came away without eating anything major other than a hotdog without a bun. It was too hot and too busy to really stop and eat. I did have a nice cold beer when I got home last evening and a pepperoni ball.

Tonight I'm getting my satellite radio installed--DH and the boys got it for my for my birthday--it's something I've been looking at but just haven't taken the plunge so it'll be nice. I was up a pound at the staff meeting WI that we had on Saturday (I hate those WI's because they play with my mind). I'm not sure what the scale is going to reflect tomorrow but we'll see.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #3  

Hi ladies,

It is HOT...yesterday the temp got close to 100 with more of the same for today and tomorrow. Looks like a cool down for the weekend which will be nice I'm feeling kind of lethargic, think I'll be going home a little early. Not sure what's up but maybe if I take a little nap I'll feel better.

Melissa Pineapple upside down cakes is one of my favorites. Hope you had a nice birthday weekend! What a great gift your family gave you!

Susan my weekend wasn't that great either in terms of eating. Maybe it's due to the warm weather, but it seems like I'm eating ice cream much more frequently. And I'm not talking the low fat stuff or frozen yogurt, I've been eating the real creamy chocolatey stuff loaded with chocolate chips, nuts etc....not good.

Hello to Susan and Lala...hope your doing well.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #4  

Pam: The heat really affects me and makes me tired/lethargic/nauseous so I try to stay indoors as much as possible. We've had a nice lake breeze here so it doesn't seem as bad. T'storms are in the forecast and we could really use some rain.

I was up only .2 at today's meeting and for that I'm really grateful. Being that I ate what I did over the weekend I feel good. Now to keep myself on track. No meeting next week since it's the 4th and the center is closed.

I have my doctor's appointment tomorrow with my new primary care so hopefully I'll be able to voice my concerns on how I'm still feeling and hopefully she'll listen and increase my dose of synthroid. We'll see.

Hi to Susan, LIsa, Lala! Hope you're all doing well!
Old 06-27-2007, 04:11 PM   #5  

Hi all. Just a quick note. Things have been really hectic lately and I don't find much time to post while at work.

Am having a difficult week as far as eating goes. It's been really hot, but I'm not sure that's to blame. I think it's the work opportunity that's looming; I met with the director yesterday and we had a good chat. She said she's ready to offer me the job once she checks out references. I don't know why I am worried about this; my references have always been very good in the past. Anyway, I'll be glad when it's over, one way or another.

Good luck with your new doctor Melissa. Let's hope you find the source of why you haven't been feeling well and get it taken cae of.

Pam: Nice to hear from you. I understand about the ice cream. I've been eating more too, but at least it's the LF stuff...

Susan
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:56 PM   #6  

Susan: Is the new position one that you would like and would it be a challenge/good move for you? I know when I moved into this position I was a wreck even though I knew I was qualified. Emotions can wreak havoc with eating.

I had my appointment this morning with a new primary care doctor and felt good coming out of there. She actually said that she checks the TSH as well as the T3, T4 and compares. I told her I still don't "feel like myself" and that I'm still tired, etc. I forgot to tell her that I'm still losing my hair though. In any case she sent me over to get blood work done and she's also getting a CBC and some other tests to make sure that everything is okay. She said she may even have the results as early as this afternoon but most likely tomorrow. I told her my dose had not been changed from .25 mcg since I was diagnosed and that I had indicated to my previous doctor that I didn't feel well and that I was told that my "number" was okay.

It's been nice not having my boss here--I'm getting things done and feel good about where I'm at. It's still warm here but the forecast is calling for cooler temps tonight. Still haven't had any rain and we're in desperate need of a good overnight or all day rain. The grass is getting so dry!

Pam: Hope you're winning the battle with the ice cream
Old 06-28-2007, 03:58 PM   #7  

Hi Ladies,

Another scorcher but tomorrow should be much cooler. We had some wild thunderstorms last night and a huge branch on the tree in our front yard was hit by lightening. I'm afraid we're going to have the tree taken down. I'm feeling much better today. I went home early yesterday and was sound asleep by 8:30. Like you Melissa I just haven't been feeling like my usual self lately, actually many of the symptoms you're having I'm having as well. TOM is very unpredictable, and when TOM is over I have a splitting headache, which is what happened yesterday. I'm suppose to see my Gyn in October but I think I'm going to try and go in sooner, I'm pretty sure it is the beginning of menopause. My mother was completely done with TOM at 47, so maybe I'll be the same. Ah the joys......

Susan I hope things settle down on the job front, that can be very stressful.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #8  

Good morning, ladies!

It's a beautiful sunny 66 degrees here this morning! We haven't had any rain and we're in dire need of some. It doesn't look like there's any in the near future either! I think the earliest we could see rain would be on the 4th of July (doesn't that just figure!).

Susan: Do you have any plans for the holiday weekend? I know Canada Day is Monday Any news on the work opportunity?

Pam: I don't know that I'd wait until October to see the doctor. As it is for me I had to cancel my appointment and have to wait until the end of August and then who knows if that will be okay! I get a headache/nausea usually the day before I start and the first day...it's not fun! I dont' have any guide when it comes to menopause because my mom had a hysterectomy when she was in her early 40's.

I have a kind of quiet weekend ahead of me. DH and I are going for a drive tomorrow and heading to a winery for his birthday lunch The weather should be nice so it'll be a nice drive. Other than that I really should work on some things inside the house that I've been putting off.