South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 05:23 PM   #1  

Default About to return to SB

Hi everyone. I just wanted to say Hi and (re)introduce myself. I did SB Diet a couple of years ago and had great success. This forum was great. I found it an easy plan to stick to but did loads of exercise. I am currently 8.5 months pregnant with no.2 so will start again once the baby arrives to lose those extra baby kilos.

I need to refamiliarise myself with the plan so I can start to build up my cupboards with 'legal' foods again. I also want to make a few casseroles and soups for the freezer now for those busier days once junior arrives.

I'm looking forward to meeting/chatting to you all.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 360/354/250

Height: 5'11

Hi Jaz,

Welcome back! I hope once you are ready to start again that we will be able to chat some more. You know I am trying to lose as much as I can by October, that's when I will be trying to get pregnant again. I currently have a 10 yr old.

Well will chat with you later and Good Luck with your delivery
Old 06-23-2007, 08:22 PM   #3  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey Jaz,

Phase II of SBD is a great plan to follow even while you're pregnant. Keeping blood sugar stable will protect your baby from diabetes and obesity after coming out of the tummy!

Welcome
L
Old 06-23-2007, 08:31 PM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi Jaz! It will be great to get to know you better, and of course read about your precious baby! I love birth stories!!!

I believe Phase 1 is not recommended for breastfeeding mothers, so check into that. You wouldn't want your supply to drop, especially in those first couple weeks when establishing the nursing relationship is so important. Breastmilk is the absolute best thing you can offer your youngun, so get that going first and then focus on the weight.

Welcome back!

Kara
Old 06-25-2007, 02:44 AM   #5  

I may just go straight into Phase two then. I am eating a lot of lean meat, dairy, fruit and vege and good carbs. The problem is I'm eating a bit of ice cream and chocolate with it. :-(
Old 06-25-2007, 05:53 AM   #6  

My midwife advised no P1 once breastfeeding. I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant, and am following a modified P1 (full fat cheese, semi skim milk). Midwife reckoned as long as I don;t stick on P1 more than the 2 weeks, she sees no problem, and my weightloss will help me cope with the birth (my current BMI is 28)

Good luck, and don't forget, your good eating habits will rub off on the kids!
Old 06-25-2007, 06:38 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

and good advice from the Mommy Members! This is a great way to be healthy during your pregnancy and raise healthy baby.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:00 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome back.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:05 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Welcome back. start phase 2 right now. no need to wait.

I know it's rather presumptious of me but i can't see how i would EVER go back to eating the way i did before the beach (I've been doing it nearly 14 months now) so I have a really hard time figuring out how to fall off the beach. eating bad stuff makes me feel bad after all.

Oberon you have no grains/starchy veggies and no fruit?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:18 AM   #10  

No, I thought midwife would ask about that, but she said the P1 with the full fat cheese and semi skimmed milk was fine, as long as it was no more than 2 weeks. I don't eat that much fruit anyway, and make sure I have a good mix of veggies.
Closed Thread