Old 06-23-2007, 01:48 PM   #1  

Default *****30 Something's Weekend Chat: 6/23-24*****

Good Late Morning All!...i Cant Believe I Am Starting Hte Tread For The Weekend...looks Like Everyone Is Busy..well...i Am Just Waiting For The Cable Guy To Come Out To Hook Up Our New Internet...then I Need To Cancel The One I Currently Have...then Off To The Fair We Are Going!...i Cant Wait..its Nice Here And It Should Be Fun...have A Great Weekend Everyone!

Welcome Laura!..nice To Have You!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

hello everyone...the fair does sound fun!!! things here have been on the rainy side i am happy about this things were starting to look a bit dead outside. the downfall is have been inside all weekend with three kids and dh. lol well hope everyone has had a good weekend.

adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Wow, I guess everyone's having a busy Saturday! It's absolutely gorgeous here, between 75 & 80 degrees, nice breeze!

My FIL is not doing well. He has stage 4 cancer of the esophagus, and is on oxygen. He looks like crap and is now getting jaundice. God must've been working O/T last night. DH was miserable sick (probably sinus') and the boys were being crazy and he flipped out and went to his parent's house to sleep. Turns out MIL was soo upset and feeling soo alone, when DH showed up, she was soo relieved. He called me this AM and said his mom asked if he could stay. So I sent Peter to go run errands with my mom and took Robby with me to bring DH some clothes and stuff. FIL was sooo happy to see Robby, he just loves his grandkids soo much, he just lights up. Peter would've been too much though. When I got there, Hospice was there evaluating him. His primary sent them after MIL talked to him. They can't get a hold of the Oncologist, he's away and MIL doesn't care for the other one. So they have to wait until Monday to talk to him and decide to go with Hospice. The nurse from Hospice said it could be 3 wks. We don't know if she meant at least, or at most. The sad part is that MIL & DH did not know that Hospice was the last resort, they thought it was just home care. MIL is a wreck, but she'll be OK with DH there. DH is in denial, I think. He doesn't want to think about DNR's and feeding tube discussions and all that. I guess if it was my mom, I might feel the same, but I don't know, because my mom's a nurse, so I've kind of grown up with medical talk. It's going to be really hard.

And because of that, all house stuff is on hold, unfortunately. We might not be able to go through with this house, because we need more money for a d/p, and I was counting on DH asking his dad. We had no idea how bad he'd gotten. Without more money for a d/p, the deal is pretty much in the toilet, because we can't afford over 3K a month.

Sorry to be such a downer guys...please keep FIL in your thoughts & prayers.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 04:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

lauren will keep you and your family in my prayers
huggs adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:50 PM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Lauren, sorry to hear about your FIL. Did this all happen suddenly? You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers!!! Also, sorry about the house 3k a month is rough though. We were gonna buy untill we found out it would cost us 2k a month. We would be living off ramen noodles at that point.

Hanna, hope you are recovering nicely.

We had a beautiful weekend weather wise. Daughter and I went to the Mall yesterday and my favorite mexican restraunt. We had a nice time. She got a new purse. I bought new pillows for my bed. They were badly needed. My FIL visited for the weekend, happy he went back early this morning. I like to relax on Sundays. Have a great day all.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:29 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

My FIL passed away this AM. DH called me around 10:30. I'm sure it was peaceful. It was rather sudden, even though we knew he was sick.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

to Lauren and your family. I read your first post and said a prayer for your FIL not to suffer long and for the family. Then I scrolled down to see your last post. Sorry it was so sudden but at least FIL didn't suffer. My warmest thought are with your DH, you, MIL, and your children. Just hold onto each other.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 201.5/188/180

Height: 5'6"

I am very sorry for your loss!
OH Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote