Old 06-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Exercise - Please Share

My plan includes 30-40 minutes a day, five days a week. I go to the fitness club I belong to and I either do the treadmill, recumbent cross-trainer, or my own version of water aerobics.

When I was weighed and measured Wednesday, my COD counselor was shocked to see that I had lost 2 inches in my waist in the last 4 weeks, for a total of 7 inches in my waist since I started on 12/27/06. Total 19 ½ inches, 34 pounds. Yeah!

This week I have added a 20 to 30 minute walk after dinner. For my entire life, I thought I hated exercise and I avoided it as much as possible. This is an awakening for me. I look forward to exercise and I know it has made a big difference in helping me to reduce stress and to lose weight.

Since there is a renewed dedication for my of us on the Board with several challenges going on, let’s share our ideas about exercise plans so we can inspire others in their journeys.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I still suck at exercise, but during this 2 week break from school I am determined to do something, even if it's just 10-15 mins on my Gazelle.

Lynn - I am so glad that you are having so much success. Your avatar looks great! And I am so glad that you are posting more!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 127/127/115

Height: 5'0"

Lynn great job on exercising and the inches lost! I do turbo jam. I switch it around with some weight lifting and treadmill time. I have rosacea and that prevents me from getting to hot, so I don't go outside for my workouts, otherwise my face becomes very itchy, red and swollen! Eeeek! So I crank down the a/c, pop in the dvd, while the kids huddle under blankets on the couch to watch me dance around. Sometimes my 8 year old daughter joins in. She's my "workout buddy".
love4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #4  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

I go to the gym 4 days a week. I do some kind of cardio for 60 min., usually 20 min. of treadmill, 20 min. of elliptical, 20 min of stationary bike or stair master. I really get board so I mix it up alot so I can get all the 60 min. in without giving up. Then I do 10-15 min. of abs and then each day I do strength training on a different body part for instance - Mon - back and biceps, Tues - chest and triceps, Wed - legs and Thurs - shoulders and more arms. Sometimes I get to the gym late and have to cut out the strength training but always get the cardio in. I have been doing this for almost two years now...no weight loss so I decided to join LAWL to get the eating under control.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #5  
Christi

S/C/G: 187 / ticker / 130

Let's see, I am training for the Breast Cancer 3Day (walking 60 miles in 3 days) so I briskly walk 3 days out of the week totaling 15-25 miles/ week for now and on the says in between I hit the gym with 45 mins of cardio on the elliptical. To keep from getting bored on that I begin at the highest incline, I switch directions every 3 minutes and lower the incline to target a different muscle group every 6 minutes. I have to do that otherwise i will fall asleep! After cardio I do strength training. One day will be Triceps, chest , legs and abs, the next day will be biceps, shoulders, back and abs. I always, always stretch at the end.
Clue0983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:03 PM   #6  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Lynn that is Awesome!!!

I started back monday doing treadmill/elliptical and crunches but ummmm yeah I have not done anything since monday but I think I am going to go in a few minutes and exercise and then shower before I make dinner and we are off to the chruch softball game.

I am starting in Sept/October to run I am going to do The couch to 5k program and Im going to do the run/walk they have here in April that the schools take part in. A few of my friends are going to do it as well and we are all teachers so it would support our schools as well!

I think anything we can do to get our bodies moving is great. I do not always practice what i preach however lol.

Christi I would be interested to know more about the breast cancer run/walk.
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:52 PM   #7  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I do the Biggest Loser DVD boot camp 3 days a week. This is on top of squeezing in an hour of cardio at least 5 preferably 6 days a week.

As for the losses, if only it helped the scale move. But as I've preached I'll take 24 inches lost over my 16 pounds lost any day.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #8  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

I thought I do good, but now reading all you girls workouts, I feel that I'm not doing enough... I've been putting in 2 to 2.5 mile walk during my one hour lunch break... everyday... well, every work day... I probably should add something else in the evenings... I will look into that... Thanks for all the inspirations!
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #9  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

just back on the wagon--

did my Power90 DVD Sweat w/abs (40 minutes) I love this DVD because you alternate sweat and sculpt days. Back in the day--I did this everyday but it's been a very long time--I am hoping to become close friends with ol'Tony again!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #10  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm horrible. I haven't started exercising at all yet. At my weight, I know I'm going to lose a lot initially without exercising, but I need to go ahead and find something that works for me and stick to it. It's just SO blooming hot!!! The new neighborhood where we're moving at the end of the month is in a wonderful loop where we can walk and DS can ride his bike. I can either push DD in a stroller or pull her in a wagon until she's ready for the trike! There's not much traffic and it's a nice walk. I'm not ready to go to a gym yet.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:04 PM   #11  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

I didn't start exercising at first either Felicia but now that I've lost some my energy level is much better. I did the treadmill for 30 minutes last night and am planning / hoping to alternate that with an exercise DVD that uses the ball and resistence weights. It takes about 30 minutes to complete as well.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #12  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Wow Lynn- that is great!

Everyone sounds like they get great workouts in. This summer I have a fantastic work schedule and my office happens to be about 8 blocks from the gym! It's SO convenient-I have no excuse not to go. Fortunately my DBF goes to the gym daily and is a huge inspiration to get my butt in gear. He has really taught me how to rotate my weight training.
I go at least 2 times a week for an hour but always aim for 4 (that is A LOT for me!) I do about 1/2 hour of weight machines alternating between my upper and lower body every other day and then do cardio (treadmill at incline or bike) for 1/2 hour.

It really does feel good to have a routine!

Last edited by amylou7777; 07-03-2007 at 07:46 PM.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 196.8/160/135

Height: 5'5"

I work out a minimum of 5 days/week....for at least an hour. I shoot for approx 500 calories burned. I never do the exact same workout more than 2 days in a row. I rotate between the arc trainer, elliptical cross trainer, and treadmill for cardio. Twice a week I spend 30 min doing cardio and 30 min doing weights. I wear a heart rate monitor for accurate calorie readings. It runs about 150 calories less than my machine shows.

Raemi
aprilflowers423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:22 AM   #14  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I, uh, pay the bill at the gym each month. That is about it.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #15  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Katie--we've all been there. You have a lot on your plate right now--you'll get back to it. I bet we all have the home equipment that acts as clothes racks, too!

Power90-sculpt/abs
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote