Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-22-2007, 10:04 AM   #1  

Default Alternatives to Turbo Jam?

Hello all!

I love turbo jam, and I would like to purchase the maximum results package in the future. However, I am working on my Master's degree and I do not want to spend any extra money until my summer tuition is totally paid. I have the first set (with the 20 minute workout, turbo sculpt) but it would be great to have some variety.

Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives (such as a kickboxing DVD) that are still upbeat? Some of the DVDs seem so expensive.

Thanks!
starzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'3

I love the Janis Saffel Tai Chi/Kickboxing Balanced Workout as well as the Kelli Roberts Kickboxing BootCamp (10 min solutions). I bought both at Ross for under $10 each and I think the were even about $5.00. I saw a package with the Janis Saffel one that had another kickboxing workout. She is a pretty good instructor and most people I have read reviews on about her rate her high (plus won fitness awards of some kind). She is listed as Intermediate/Advanced. The Tai Chi one has Scott Cole (such a hottie) and it rotates between the two of them. It is about comparable for me on working up a sweat to Turbo Jam (just a little bit different since it is mixed). After doing this workout I went out and bought the Tai Chi AM/PM that Scott Cole has which is great too if you like Tai Chi.

HTH,
Tina

p.s. I bought all my TJ dvds on Ebay for much cheaper. You may want to check it out.
td78230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #3  

Thanks! I will check those out!
starzzy is offline   Reply With Quote