Old 06-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #1  
uklady

S/C/G: 125/125/114

Default Second try

Hello
I am currenbtly in a 9-6 job and it has been so hard eating right especially on those boring days. So i am looking for a buddy to run along side my second effort at my new life eating plan!! i tried it before and lasted a good 2 wks where i lost 7lbs on the introduction! but it was my bday and ive been off it for 3wks so all the hard work went!
I am looking for someone to share information with and the highs and lows! i am determind to lose this weight and wont be stopped! i enjoy exercise but i also can be lazy and eat so badly my mum would just be mad!!!
any takers??
uklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:27 PM   #2  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi Uklady, Welcome to the board! This is a geat place to come for support and info. I hope you'll join our group. I'm on here most days and am going back to induction tomorow.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

uklady -
The good thing about low carb dieting, is that when you come back to it, you can have that initial spectacular weight loss again! I've been on induction since June 12. I plan on staying with induction until I get close to goal. I would also welcome your advice, ideas and support.
I wish you all the best in your success!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:31 AM   #4  
uklady

S/C/G: 125/125/114

Default day 1

thanks guys for your support, its 9.30am and i finished my night last night with some yummy toast!! i ave yoghurt for brekkie and have mushroom fritas for lunch with cauliflower mash!!! and planning on some exercise before lunch and then before dinner!!! hows your day going??
uklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #5  
Hello Friend

I'm doing good so far today. I forgot to take any meat out for dinner. I'll have to go shopping or use some frozen chicken breast. I'm finding it hard to get the motivation to exercise, but i'm going to try to do something everyday.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

So far, so good. I was rushed at breakfast today, so I brought some nibbles with me - ham slices. I was discouraged to find that again today the scale hasn't moved - but by looking at my fitday record I know I'm on the right track. I got a walking DVD yesterday from Prevention magazine - I "watched" it last night - I think it;s going to be a blast. It doesn't look too intense, and there are programs that don't involve a whole lot of house-shaking thumping moves! My DH was depressed last night. He weighs well over 350 - probably close to 375, and he doesn't go outside much, since his job requires he stands all day. I offered to go for a walk with him tonight - of course it's for his benefit, not mine :wink: - I'm looking forward to it, since we don't do very much together. Anyways, hope you all have a great OP day!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:51 AM   #7  

Default New here and looking for support!

Hi Everyone! I am new to 3FC. I am looking for a good support group to keep me going. I started low carb in April 2006, did it strict for 4 months with exercise and lost around 50 lbs. I was down as low as 155 at one point. But maintained at a healthy 160 - 165 through January 2007. I was strict through the holidays as to not gain and then after the new year, slacked off a bit too much! I have put back on 15 - 20 lbs. it fluctuates back and forth. I broke my ribs 4 weeks ago, and can't do any exercise yet, which is driving me crazy and making me a bit depressed. I am an active person and got pretty down being layed up. So I need to find a good group of people who also do low carb for support. All my co-workers make a big deal over my not eating snacks and such when I am totally in my low carb phase. It's hard to stay motivated.

I think the hardest thing for me has been the fact that I love to cook for my family. And not eating what they eat is difficult. That is why I leveled off and just maintained for 6 months and am now slowly gaining back. I need to get back to sticking with my 20 - 40 grams of carbs a day, meats and veggies mainly and work towards my total overall goal.

I really do love the energy I get after the first week or two of doing low (low) carb. Who ever the "experts" are that try to say you lose energy on low carb... obviously never have been on a low carb lifestyle!

I look forward to chatting with you all more!!

Alison
alie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #8  
Hello Friend

Hi Alison, Welcome to the group. This is a great place for support. I hope you'll join us in our weekly chat. Good luck to you.