Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-20-2007, 07:57 PM   #1  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 141 / 136 / 120

Height: 5"3

Default favorite foods...keep them or toss them?

hi everyone!

I have a question about some behavior of mine today. I have been keeping strict track of my calories and sticking between 1000-1200 a day. Today, around 1:30pm, I noticed that my calorie intake was around 590-600 calories. I had no dinner planned at home and I was really craving Taco Bell...
I decided to use a calorie book I had and calculated the exact amount of food I was "allowed" at Taco Bell into order NOT to exceed my 1200 limit.
It turns out that I got 3 tacos, all made "fresco" style (no cheese on it, no dairy)---and it kept my entire day's calories just until 1200!!!

do you think this was an 'okay' tactic for rare times? or was this totally incorrect as a way to lose weight? I would only do this once a month----but do you think I ruined my plan for this week by eating this way today??
I went home and did a half hour of strength training, if that helps...

I would love ANY input! I'm SO full of guilt right now, even though I don't think it's too bad...

leda
TurboLeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I think Taco Bell is fine. I have them as one of my staples for a quick meal. That and Subway. I guess Taco Bell has a lot of sodium, but if it stays in your calorie range, why not? My theory is that, if you want to keep the weight off, you have to make choices that you can make for a life time. Is it realistic to NEVER have taco bell? No. So have it when you can allot it in.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:53 PM   #3  
Yes, indeed.

S/C/G: 176/170/125

Height: 5'5"

Hmm, I had four white castle burgers "fresco" style (lol, no cheese) last week and stayed within my calorie count of 950-1000. I was amazed - AND I lost weight that week as well. I wouldn't do it again, I sort of had a week moment and lucked out in regards to the cals.

But I'd totally eat tacos from Taco Bell and not be concerned. The worst part of them is obviously the meat. You could alternately order them with just refried beans and lettuce. Put some mild sauce on it, and it's actually pretty good.
cupcakesundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:59 PM   #4  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Leda, There's really no one correct way to lose weight. We all have to do it our own way. I do occasionally have Taco Bell also. And usually the tacos fresco style or pintos fresco style and it certainly hasn't kept me from losing weight. Just remember that even if you had had 5 #3 combos (whatever that is) you still haven't ruined your plan for the week. If you slip up, just get right back on plan the next meal. One meal is NOT going to make much difference one way or another.

But I think Taco Bell occasionally is fine. I choose not to eat it more than a 1 -2 times a month because many things there are not particularly nutritious (high in saturated fats and simple carbs with little fiber), but I still eat there sometimes.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:27 PM   #5  
Yes, I can! Yes, I am!

S/C/G: 182/152/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Thumbs up

Hi Leda, I have to agree with everyone else - I don't think you messed up at all....Taco Bell every once and awhile is fine. I understand how you feel about the guilt though - I get that same issue. I know that I shouldn't beat myself up, that it doesn't do any good, but I do it anyway. And like you, it is usually over something that isn't that big of a deal. So, I say, give yourself the same courtesy that you would a friend...would you think it was a big deal if a friend ate at TB? Not!
LilMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:44 AM   #6  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I think what you did is an excellent strategy. Being on a diet doesn't mean that you can never eat out; Taco Bell probably isn't a whole lot worse the any other restaurant choices (and is probably better than many). You had the calories available, so why not go for it?

As you say, you wouldn't want to eat like this every day, mainly because over time I think you'd start to feel like you weren't getting enough to eat. To fit Taco Bell into your diet you have to eat a smaller portion than if you were eating something less caloric (which your standard dinner choices probably are).

I think most of us do this sort of thing from time to time. I know I do. In fact there are lots of times that I eat out where I don't even try to stay within my calorie range, either because I'm not eating at a restaurant that provides nutritional data or because there just aren't any choices that work (or both). I feel pretty darn good about myself if I manage to eat out AND stay within my calorie range for the day. I don't think you have anything to feel guilty about.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:27 AM   #7  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 141 / 136 / 120

Height: 5"3

ladies,

thank you SO MUCH for your input!! All your words truly and honestly made my guilt vanish completely this morning! I am so grateful for the 3FC ladies...you all are so sweet and so understanding! I am also so glad that I'm not the only one going to Taco Bell once a month!
thank you a million times!

leda
TurboLeda is offline   Reply With Quote