South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 06:20 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat - June 20

Good grief! June is nearly over! How the heck did that happen?

Dogs barking - back in a bit.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:32 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I just ate a piece of chocolate buttercream candy. That was not a good choice. Somebody slap my wrist and get my butt back on the wagon. It's back ON the wagon you want to be, right? When you fall off the wagon, that's bad? Or am I thinking about getting back on the horse after you fall off?

Otherwise I ate well today. I did have a sugar free pudding in the middle of the day.

The kids and I went to Korean class this morning and we were the only ones there, which was really nice because the teacher spent the whole time talking with just us and making sure our pronunciation was correct. It is so interesting being in such a different place! The whole walk home I was reading all of the signs above the stores downtown!!!

I just discovered the Storykeepers video series by Focus on the Family. It fits in really well with what Connor's been studying in history this year, since we finished up the year talking about the Roman Empire and that's where these films take place. Plus they have a great Biblical message. Cute movies!

It's time to get the kids' teeth brushed and settle them in bed. I'm going to brush my teeth, too, so I'm not tempted to go for any more candies. Bad, bad, bad. Tsk. Tsk.

Happy Wednesday all!

Kara
Old 06-20-2007, 06:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday - Hump Day Chat

Okay, Ruth, who's on first?

The rain overnight left our world all fresh and clean, and hopefully took away the heat and humidity with it. I have all the windows open right now, just enjoying the gentle breeze.

Today the girls and I are spending the afternoon at the zoo. It should be a nice day for it since we won't broil under the sun! I should be getting home at a decent hour today, too, for a nice change.

What's everyone doing today, this last day of spring?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:35 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Back. The brouhaha was over a groundhog sitting beside the woodpile! The Girls took offense. They allow chipmunks to sit there but not squirrels or groundhogs. It's nice to know they are keeping me safe.

I'm outta here to the gym for 7:30, Donna comes to clean, Hershey and I do pet therapy noon to 2 PM, I have a few errands and then I have four British tourists coming for tea! Somehow I don't think I'll get into the garden today although things have cooled off wonderfully over night and we even got rain!

What's happening to you this Hump Day?
Old 06-20-2007, 07:14 AM   #5  

I just knew you'd beat me to it, Ruth! Your afternoon tea with the Brits sounds fun and interesting, can I come?

Kara ~ Hop right back on the wagon! The important thing to remember about falling off is how to get right back on again. Just pick up where you left off. Your Connor must be a very bright little boy to be learning about the Roman Empire already! Those videos are really cute, aren't they?

I've decided to skip my workout this morning. It makes for too much rushing when I have to go in to work early. I'll get plenty of exercise today, walking around the zoo, so that should make up for it. I have been doing really well, staying OP, and even staying away from my biggest summer vice - ice cream! It sure hasn't been easy, though!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:27 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

I'm going to have to skip my workout too, Cottage. Somehow I'm suddenly feeling sickish! I'm sure it will pass but am going to lie down for a bit. The gym can do without me this morning!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:35 AM   #7  

Ruth~ Feel better soon!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:59 AM   #8  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Ugh I think I'm going to have to make a 2nd appointment with the doctor. I already have one for the allergist in a few weeks that I am NOT looking forward to (needles!), but avoiding what my GP said I was allergic to isn't helping my hives anymore. My problem now is that I can't seem to get enough sleep! I always thought that I just got more sleep than usual (10-11 hours) because I could and that it would be fine when I'd have to cut it down for work or an early class. However, I've been waking up at 7AM for the past 2 weeks for work and I'm exhausted ALL the time, despite getting a good 7 1/2 to 8 hours a night! Last night I got out of work early so after my walk home, I watched TV a bit, went upstairs to get laundry ready, and then just ended up plopping down on the bed and falling asleep from 5-11! I woke up, managed to get myself to the bathroom, and then fell asleep again until my alarm went off! I feel well rested this morning but it's the first time since I started work! Eep....

But yeah, other than the mystery of my sleep patterns, things are going pretty well. My roommate is mysteriously spending about 45 minutes in the bathroom (when he should have left for work already!) but that's ok- it's giving me time to pour over the Old Navy sale online!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:02 AM   #9  

Good morning to you!!

ANOTHER rainy morning here in Texas... this is SO uncharacteristic for us down here in the Lone Star State. The bad thing is that it doesn't leave the world all humid free and cool.... just more humid!

Ruth Enjoy your day! You always have something fun and interesting going on! Your visit sounds lovely.

Kara I am also impressed by what your son is learning. Do you homeschool because there are no American schools on base? (just curious......)

Cottage The zoo sounds like a great outing. I need to take my girls there this summer before it is blazing hot. I may look into that for next week.

Me- Watching the neighbor boy again today. We have a swim date set up for this morning, so hopefully these storms are blowing right over. He is a pretty good kid- he and DD have fun together, so it keeps her active and occupied.

Meals and exercise are planned for the day. I am going to grill lean pork chops tonight and then top them with a mixture of chopped tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese. Like a bruschetta without the bread. YUM!

I need to hope into the shower and do my morning Bible study before people are awake and needing things around this joint.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:11 AM   #10  

Thunder and Lightning and Rain OH MY!!! Tis a stormy morn here!

Ruth: feel better doll

Cottage: Glad you are trying to stop and smell the roses a bit more

Kiko: oooh that sounds like a good dinner..I'm having pork chops too. DH is not a tomato person.. he loves ketchup and tomato sauce..but not the tomato go figgure!

Kara: What an adventure you are on! Enjoy every minute creating unique memories!

Char: good thing you make that appt... it sounds like you're coming down with something! nip it in the bud!

I've been comin and goin I don't know what side is up Had 2 interviews yesterday -one in the AM -the other in the PM and thank goodness for DH's acura with the fancydancy navigation system in it --or I swould still be on the road...lost! Today I have telephone interviews in the afternoon... and then I need to make a decision on which job to take!

Ok... looks like and are needed! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Good morning -

It is beautiful here as well, after the rain and humidity yesterday it is sunny and a pleasant 70. Perfect!

I generally read "the chat" everyday, but often feel so rushed in the morning, that I don't find time to chime in. Again, I am still waiting for those summer work hous to kick in! I have been on duty for two days (and nights), which have been thankfully quiet and uneventful! We did more interviews yesterday - we liked one of the candidates, but after being turned down last week it is hard to get our hopes up. I am sure being short a main staff person could be why I feel so muich busier - odd how typing something makes you see it differently/more clearly!

Eating has been marginal - some "perfect" meals, then totally off. I just keep getting back on. With the excercise I have been keeping the weight in check. I find the unpredictability of my summer schedule throws off my will power - which was strong during winter and spring - oh yeah, and the ice cream on every street corner! Ahhh....

Off to get ready for the day! Enjoy your Wednesday!
Ally
Old 06-20-2007, 08:46 AM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Rain here too...storms every afternoon. I got a weather alert email yesterday afternoon saying winds could get up to 60mph. Limbs down all over the front yard and weeds are taking over the driveway. So after working a couple of hours, I headed outside and dragged limbs and sprayed the driveway...I'm on a weed killing mission!! It is tolerable outside right now, but will be a steambath soon. There is no working outside after about 8 am.

Defrosting some grouper for lunch for hubby and I. I have leftover chicken for son who doesn't eat fish. Headed for the bathtub, then off to the janitor supply place for cleaning supplies and then to produce market....
Is my life exiting or what????

And yeah, I'm really bad on personals...but I swear I read them all and think of each one of you!..always short on time and just buzz in and out.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good morning from a much cooler and less humid southern Indiana! Planning a yard sale this weekend, hoping the rain holds out! I am a tad OCD when it comes to things being in their right place in my house, god grant me patience to get through the week with stuff scattered everywhere, and may it all sell!

Ally I know what you mean about being a person short, I am in the same situation at work, losing one of my processors. Made for a very stressful day yesterday as if my days aren't stressful enough! (I still find time to check in here throughout the day, I see it has my stress relief and my strength to not walk 2 doors down and buy that candy bar)

Kara I noticed your ticker yesterday and see you and I are at the same point in our journey with the same goal in mind. Willpower to us and everyone else!

Ruth feel better!

Everyone else have a great day!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

G'morning All!

Thinks have been hectic for me both at home and at work. I had the WORST morning yesterday. It had to do with some hidden files that could cause our office legal trouble, so I was in a scramble to get those taken care of.

P1 is still going strong! We're doing well, but are looking forward to the end a week from today. We're starting a weight loss competition at work with money in a pot and the winner at the end of the month gets the money. That should provide more motivation for me!

Well, once again I need to head off to work! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #15  

Hi all, I've had a good day so far, nice man from Virgin has come and sorted out my internet, cable tv & phone line at home, and prompted a panicked call from DH 'He's put a little blinking box in a cupboard and now I have to get a pooter!!'. Translataion: Vigin Guy has put a modem inot a cupboard rather than run wires through the house, and now we need a ROUTER. Luckily crisis was easily solved by popping to Currys for a kit. Cost an arm and a leg, by now we're all wireless and techy.

Had a crisis this morning when I caouldn;t face eggs, and so figured on picking up some legal yoghurt on the way inot work. Unfortunately, nowhere near my store sells it!! Luckily a big chunk of cheese for snack sufficed, and lunch (Dilled prawn for the book - absolutely gorgeous) has kept me going until my ham roll-ups. So despite the toffee muffin at the corner shop screaming 'Eat Me' I was a good girl and stuck to my guns! Looking forward to steak and veggies tonight, going to pop into the market on the way home and try something new - possible pak choi, depends what I fancy.

Weather in Blighty is a bit odd, last night was a massive thunderstorm and a rainfall to rival The Flood, today sunshine, warm breeze and hayfever alerts off the scales. Go figure.
Closed Thread