Old 06-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #1  

Default Cravings....SUCK...need to vent

Ugh, today was HARD. I was craving EVERYTHING it felt like. I am a nanny, and I work at the family's house. With two kids under 3, the house is filled with snacks up the wazoo. I used to snack like crazy, not just at work, but at home, too...I am a convicted snacker. Which makes dieting very trying at times. Especially at times like today. I'm not even sure what brought it on. But I guess I didn't do too bad. For breakfast I had my slimfast with a small apple and 1 tbs of peanut butter. For lunch I had my slimfast with a raisin/cinnamon bagel. It could have been worse, but I know the only reason I really had the food with the slim fast is because I was craving everything so badly. But luckily, I avoided the cookies, ice cream, donut sticks, etc. I can be proud of that, right? I still feel crappy, though.

I weigh in tomorrow, and I am hoping to break the 25 lbs lost mark. It will be a bitter sweet moment... I have been sticking with this and want to see results, hitting that mark would be amazing. But on the other hand, my clothes aren't much looser, and I don't see a real change. I can't wait to go down a pant size. How long is it going to take, seriously? I went from 340 to 316. And I'm still not dropping a size. In fact, when my jeans came out of the dryer last night, they felt snug. UGH!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:23 PM   #2  
Ready to do it!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/164

Height: 5'7

Heya! WOW. The temptation is definately there! Kudo's for not giving in!! I think you did good, compared to what you COULD HAVE HAD!! Am I misunderstanding you...? You've lost almost 25lbs and you haven't dropped a size?! Ugh! Frustrating!! But- have you noticed weight loss else were? I would suggest getting a tape measurer for a more accurate idea of inches lost. Maybe it's in your face? Arms? legs? Don't get bummed! It's happening somewhere!! How long have you been dieting? And if the cravings become too unbearable, maybe you should try a different diet plan. I know I couldn't do slim fast. I need to EAT!! But you've got Will Power girl! Good job on your choices!
4thebigday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Well considering what was in that house AND you had cravings, you did damn good. Better than i would have done. But like the previous poster, i cant do a liquid diet. Maybe you would do better to bring your own snacks. Your own meals....real meals, not a liquid diet. I think it would curb your cravings better. When i drink those liquid meals, i can eat anything that is not nailed down. Your body absorbs natural food better. Give your body something to digest, something for your stomach to work on. That liquid stuff just goes right through my stomach.

But dont feel bad, i didnt do great today either. A couple of peanuts here, a couple of peanuts there. All of a sudden, i am sure i had a full serving of peanuts and that put me 150 calories over my plan for the day. Dang it.

Anyway, i was around your starting weight 5 years ago and it took what felt like FOREVER to go down a size. Probably 30-40 pounds. But I could tell it in my face/chin after about 20. Keep it up. The sizes will eventually start to go down. Take measurements in your arms, legs, neck, etc, you will see losses there sooner, or i did anyway. At our weight it can take a long time to lose actual pants sizes. I lost from 270-248 not long ago and didnt drop a size, i got frustrated and gained 10 of it back. Now i am kicking myself wishing i would have just stuck with it. So when you think about giving up, stop and think of the alternative, where do i want to be in a year? Will you be kicking yourself that you gave up, or will you be shopping for a few sizes smaller than you are now?
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:01 AM   #4  

Oh wow!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you! Being in Snack World U.S.A. and just eating what you did? That deserves MAJOR kudos!

I second the motion on bringing some of your own healthy snacks--especially some protein packed ones.

And re: not dropping to the next size down--I'm betting you're losing weight in unexpected places. I just realized my breasts are getting smaller--which, by all accounts, is a very very GOOD thing. Yahooie! But I certainly wouldn't mind losing it from say, my stomach....my hips....my thighs....my arms. Oh, I could go on, and on, but know ya'll need to get your beauty sleep tonight :-)

I'm betting on you hitting the 25# mark tomorrow --but if you don't--be majorly proud of yourself for how far you've come, and just know that extra pound will drop off soon. Don't give up! Never ever ever ever ever give up!

all the best,

bree
freezeframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:01 AM   #5  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I've read that most people lose weight in reverse order of where they put it on. For me, that means I'm probably stuck with being a big-bottomed girl even when I get down to a healthier weight. *laughs* But I find that the weight does leave my arms, chest, back, and deflates a bit of the huge belly I now have.

Keep in mind that clothing sizes are very imprecise. You could be retaining water, you could be building muscle, you could be losing weight in places that clothes don't measure... but you're losing. Your body will adjust down to the smaller size eventually.

Keep hanging in there! You've done wonderfully, wonderfully, wonderfully so far!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

Winter,
The size will drop soon. I went down a size after 32 pounds.
I take a multi vitamin with egcg in it and it knocks the cravings out.
I take Wal-Mart weigh conciouse some take Weight Smart. As long as it has the EGCG in it. Some diabetic meds make you get the munchies-I took Actos and wanted to eat everything-talked my doc out of that one! I do a low Glicemic Index -I can live with it. It's a life change for me.
Good luck and don't give up-it takes too long to come back-been there-done that.
oldwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Good for you for not really giving in. I ditto bringing your own snacks. If you are used to snacking throughout the day, you might plan in a couple of snacks here and there. I try to eat every 2-4 hours to keep me from binging at meals.

As for the size. I too noticed that I wasn't really dropping sizes. I figured it was because most of my clothes were clothes I had for a while and were well worn (read nice and stretched out) and I was probably a size or two larger than what I thought I was in the first place.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote