South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 10:32 AM   #1  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Default Stalled? Bloaty feeling?

I kind of feel like I have "stalled". I don't have a scale, so don't know if I have lost any more or not since the last time I weighed, about a month ago (I ended up ordering a scale this morning even though I really didn't want to!)

Today, I am feeling kind of "bloated"...like that "right before TOM" feeling, but I don't have any "equiptment" left, so that's not the case. (and yes, Mom, I did go to the bathroom!) I put on a pair of jeans this morning that I have not worn for about 3 weeks and they don't feel any looser since the last time I wore them.They are still a lot looser than before SB and I have washed them since I wore them last. The "heaviness" feels like it's all in my tummy area. The rest of me feels "skinnier" since the last time I wore them...my face, arms, legs, butt etc are definately smaller, but my waist does not.

I have not cheated once since I started SB. (ok, last night I did have 3 popsicles..no sugar ones at 15cal each..hey, it's hot here!) but I didn't have any other dessert. Ate a regular "dinner" meal around 2 and had a small salad around 6.

I'm just wondering if this is normal..this stalled feeling. I've been on SB since around mid April..so about 2 months. I was thinking maybe back to phase I, but I don't have any cravings for anything, so I don't think that is the problem. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not in any kind of "race" with myself and know it is best for the weight to come off slowly, but really don't feel like I've lost any the last couple of weeks.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #2  

Sorry to hear about your stall - have you added P2 stuff back quickly, or too much at once?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

I've been feeling bloated for a couple of days too. I think it's too much sodium. In my case. But I did stall a little after being on SB for about 2 months too. I cut back on my exercise for a week and began losing again. I think that you may have hit a mini plateau. Try changing up your diet or exercise regiment. I remember you mentioning you recently had surgery so I don't know if the exercise part is possible. I think maybe you might want to try going back to P1 for 2-3 days and see if you feel better.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:54 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

it's the heat.

also on SBD you are going to have periods where you just don't lose.

you are in for life however so stop worrying about the loss and focus on how you feel...

a stall or a plateau is going to be like WEEKS AND WEEKS not days and days...

and only after 6 weeks or so of NO LOSS would i recommend starting to tweak what you are doing...

make sure to drink enough water... that really is a huge thing for me.. if i don't drink I don't lose.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:16 PM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Thanks, Ladies!
I think I just needed a little encouragement and some assurance that I'm doing everything I should be doing...

And..you got me thinking about what I've eaten the last couple of days and yep, it may be sodium and not enough water. For 2 days I had chicken that was marinated in soy sauce and a couple of other dishes that were heavy on the salt and it is very hot. Since school let out, I probably have not drunk as much water. I get busy working here at the computer and forget to drink it, whereas I'm talking to kids at school when I work there and need to drink more or I get dry mouth (guess I just get dry fingers here!)

I also have not had as much fruit the last couple of days either and that could be part of it too. I usually have fruit for a snack in the afternoon or evenings and didn't do that because I was too full from dinner at 2.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:19 PM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

there you go you figured it out--sometimes we have to look to see what's going on. I was up .2 this morning.. why? i hate a salmon burger last nith that's yummy and good for me but is HUGE with salt (do not ask how high it's nearly half my daily salt intake) it's a fast easy yummmy protein for me however so i know i will retain afterwards...

now get up take a walk and drink drink drink that water....
Old 06-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmess View Post
I am in your boat...I have gained .8 since I "stopped" P!, however, I have not really added much of ANYTHING!!!! Maybe I am not eatting enough?!?!?
if you added fruit or grain that will increase your glycogen stores and you will gain water back... perfectly normal.....
Old 06-19-2007, 06:31 PM   #8  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
That is the thing.... since Friday I have had 2 strawberries and 1 multi-grain english muffin! Today 2 whole wheat crackers! THAT IS IT!!!!!

What do you all think??? I am getting frustrated! I hope this is not another WW or JC for me!!!!
ok stop.... deep breath.

weight loss is not predictable, linear or fair.

ou will not lose every week... not going to happen

what i need to see is EXACTLY what you are eating for each meal and snack and also how much water you are drinking and what is your exercise

if you are in phase 2 week one you should be having ONE thing that you picked to start with. i suggest fruit. strawberries were my choice

so you should have had ONE serving of fruit each day... that's it.

none of this flip flopping

and what wheat crackers did you have?

did you have that whole english muffin at once? are you sure it was 100% whole grain with enough fiber?

grains are so complex.... and picking the right ones is critical.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:42 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I tried taking a daily fiber supplement during Phase 1 at first, the kind you stir in your water, because I had read that it makes you feel more full and because I was nervous about "things" not moving without the grains, and it made me bloat up so badly! I was still drinking my 80 ounces of water a day, but it was awful. I felt five months pregnant. After I stopped with the fiber, it took a couple days but the bloating went away.

Weird.

Kara
Old 06-20-2007, 10:20 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

I don't know of any whole grain multi grain crackers.. triscuits are whole grain and ok... wheat thins are NOT

akmaks are ok
wasas are ok

i'm back in the holding pattern now too.

what i find is i drop 3-5 pounds then hang around the same weight for about 4 weeks... then woosh i'll drop 3-5 more... and hang around the same weight for a few weeks... very annoying.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:06 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
They were the ones with tons of fiber and seeds!
which brand??
Old 06-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Not sure I will have to look when I get home!

Thanks for your support!
thanks cause i'm curious....

as for support... any time... that's what I do... i'm not always nice... i don't sugar coat it... and sometimes the shoemaker's children go barefoot... but i'm more than willing to help out when i can.
Closed Thread