Old 06-18-2007, 09:30 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - June 18/07

Hi and welcome to a new week.

I weighed in on Saturday and was down 3.8 lbs. Happy with that.

Couldn't seem to get satisfied last night and I think it"s because I missed breakfast. So I ate more than I wanted to, but I also ran 12 km yesterday so hopefully I didn't do much damage. I did not get on the scales this morning.

This week I am concentrating on getting activity in. The weather here has been horrible, and although I have good intentions, I haven't been able to push myself out of the house. Rain be darned...I'm getting out this week!

How are all of you? Where are all of you?

Susan
155.4/151.6/147
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:07 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Susan, Congrats, congrats on the loss. Oh, that has to feel good. I have WI tonight. I'm hoping to maintain because I gained weight on my vacation and have managed to lose that in the past week by staying OP. OP except for Saturday night when we went out to dinner with friends and I ate and drank way too much (but it was so good). I have managed to get activity points in. Send some of your rain our way. We could use more.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:45 AM   #3  

Thanks Lisa. How did your weigh-in go? I managed to get out for a nice long walk after work with a friend; it didn't rain - a miracle!

Watched an Oprah re-run yesterday. Bob Greene was promoting his newest book, and he reminded me of something important - stop eating at least two hours before bedtime. I tried it last nite, and I could feel the difference immediately. It is on my goals list for this week.

I am also starting to get a little more comfortable with the flex plan. Truth be told, I secretly resented the fact that my points target was 19, given that I have eaten up to 27 points a day and still lost weight in the past. But I find myself working the program a bit more this time - using flex and activity points to get the amounts that I need. At least one some days. It's a good sign when I start to "work" the program.

Where in heck is everyone?

Susan
Old 06-19-2007, 12:52 PM   #4  

Susan, I try very hard not eat two hours before bedtime. I think it does help. At WI I stayed the same, which is fine with me. I lost the weight I had gained on my vacation.

You're right! Where is everyone?
Old 06-21-2007, 08:10 AM   #5  

It's pouring rain here this morning, but supposed to clear up for the weekend. June certainly has been a big disappointment as far as weather goes.

Things really exploded on the work front this week. Lots of impossible deadlines, silly requests, etc. All part of the game I guess. Am trying to keep it all in perspective and recognize where I do and do not have control .It keeps me from going insane

Had a run in with some almonds last nite - just before bedtime. I know the reason, though. Went for a group run at 6:30 and didn;t have dinner until after 8 pm, so I was hungry right until bedtime. I don't see a way around that one when I run with the group because I certainly can't eat before I run. I guess it won't be a problem as long as it's not more than once a week.

What plans for the weekend Lisa? I'm having some friends over on Friday nite for drinks and finger foods. Found a new recipe for avocado and mango salsa that sounds interesting. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Susan
Old 06-21-2007, 10:07 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! I can't believe it's Thursday already!

We had our first orientation program this past Monday so it was pretty crazy; Tuesday I took DS #1 for his NSCA (National Strength & Conditioning Association) certification. It was so hot & humid. The drive home was crazy--lots of storms and it was so bad I had to pull off the highway 3 times!

I went to my meeting yesterday and was down 1.4#.... Like you, Susan I'm really trying to be faithful to the Flex program. My leader is using a "pick 2" menu each week of things to focus on--last week it was variety (vegetables, fruits, protein) and journaling for me. I'm going to do the same this week because I know that's an area where I've been struggling with.

Susan: Congratulations on the weight loss!!! You must be feeling great about the work you've done to have that kind of loss.

Lisa: I'd much rather stay the same than have a gain. Lately I never know what to expect at the scale so I try to not let it bother me too much.

I have a pretty busy weekend ahead of me--tonight I'm working at WW filling in, Friday night WW, Saturday a WW staff meeting from 1-4, Sunday WW in the a.m. and a bridal shower in the afternoon (and it's my b-day), Monday I'm helping with the drum corps show...phew! By Tuesday I'll be brain mush! I have my doctor's appointments next week so I'm anxious to get things straightened out. I'm just hoping TOM doesn't arrive early!

Wedding plans are progressing...I've really taken a step back and am trying to not get involved or say too much and it's difficult. I'm not used to being on the "back burner".

I'll try and check in again later...it seems as if our group has shrunk...I wonder how Lala, Pam, Karynlee are doing.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #7  

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been gone for so long but my computer time has been very limited lately. My job for the most part was out of our corporate headquarters but the past 2 months I've been traveling more frequently. Thankfully next week all should be back to normal and I'll be able to say "hello" a little more frequently. I'm not sure where to even begin since I've not had a chance to read many of the post I've missed but I would like to say Happy Birthday Melissa...I hope you have a great birthday!

Susan congrats on that awesome loss. Sounds like you have a new job that is causing some frustration?? Sorry you've had some bad June weather it's been pretty nice here. I'm really trying to get in more walking after work since my weight is pretty much stable ... I'm still carrying around and extra 5 lbs . I think the last time I was here you had begun dating...any new prospects??

Lisa I'm going to the PGA Travelers Championship Tournament in CT tomorrow, which should be fun. Are you and DH still golfing regularly? Where did you go on vacation?

Melissa Sound like you son and his fiance have set a date and plans are underway..how exciting! Did your DS #1 graduate this year?

I feel like I've missed so much, I must go back and do some reading! I hope all of you are well and I'll talk to you more tomorrow!
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:33 PM   #8  

Susan, Raining like crazy here, too. We need it so badly, but it's really pounding the roof of my building. Like you, my job has been crazy this week. I'm working on 3 proposals and it's so hectic. It's worse because I'm going to Washington, D.C. for a training course and although I need the class, it couldn't come at a worse time. Everyone is upset at me for going out of town.

Melissa, Congrats on the weight loss and happy birthday to you! I'm sure it's difficult taking a back seat for the wedding, but that's being mother of the groom. (At least no one can blame you for anything)

Pam, My dear, we have missed you so. I'm glad you're back. I have the extra 5 also. It's been so hard this time to do that. The tournament sounds great. Yes, DH and I still play golf, but we're sidelined right now because he had arthroscopic knee surgery. He is recovering very quickly. Physical therapy only wants to see him once more; he's their STAR!! We went to Oregon on vacation--just great (one of our best ones).

I'll be out next week, so I probably won't be posting.

Weekend? We're invited to dinner on Friday night. DH has to work on Saturday, but I have cleaners coming for the sofa (how does it get so dirty?) and the piano tuner. I fly out to D.C. on Sunday.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Pam: Welcome back!! You've been missed. Yes, DS #1 set his wedding date; it's August 11th. He graduated from Gannon in May and this weekend he's at a strength & conditioning conference. He's taken his NSCA test and we're just waiting for his results. He felt pretty good about the test so hopefully he passed with flying colors. Like you, I'm still hanging on to the 5# that I put on and so far it hasn't budged

Lisa: It's not that I mind taking the back seat the hard part is that she doesn't want a shower My in-laws have been asking about it but it's not something she wants. Personally I think she's crazy because neither one has had an apartment so it will mean going out and buying everything *sigh* Glad to hear DH is recuperating so quickly!

Well ladies, I must've jinxed myself because TOM arrived a week early. My cycles are all messed up; 19 days between them. I called to reschedule my appointment and now it's the end of August unless they get a cancellation and I can go. At least I'll be able to see my primary dr on Thursday. I'm really wondering if my thyroid levels are out of whack again.

It's gorgeous here today--temps are in the mid 60's and it's sunny. Perfect walking weather!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote