South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 10:44 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Beachers - Week beginning June 18

This thread is for new folks, old folks restarting and anybody working on Phase I. Post your questions, concerns and helpful hints in here.

(Remember to join us on the Daily Chat too. There's more to life than dieting; it just doesn't feel that way sometimes. )

Note that I've copied posts supporting Staciec878 to a new thread called Stacie's Long Vent.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #2  
Trying again

S/C/G: 220.4/216.2/173

Height: 5'11"

Well, today was supposed to be my last Phase I day but I seem to have wandered off the beach this weekend so I think I'll stick with Phase I one more week
Old 06-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #3  
BeachBum!!

S/C/G: 164/159/145

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up

This will be my first full week back on the diet. I need to go food shopping to make sure I have what I need so I don't resort back to my daughter's Goldfish....
Old 06-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #4  

Day 14 is finally here. I am a little scared because I went shopping today in prep for tomorrow and I kinda stared not to care. I think I need to stick with simple meals so I won't get too tired of cooking all the time and just grab something I shouldn't eat so I don't have to think about it. So its lettuce wraps and taco bake for me!! I think I am gonna make my special tuna....I will put the recipe on Recipe Thread. But I will let you in on a secret....granny smith apples...okay I've said to much.

Rachel thats great that you have made it this far. Good luck with one more week I know you can do it

I'll see you all on the Phase 2 thread. But I will check in with you all if thats okay. Good luck ladies.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:14 PM   #5  
PBL
han - working in kilos

S/C/G: 75/75/58

Height: 169 cm (5'7)

I am starting today.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought chicken, veggies, Philly cheese, low fat cottage cheese.

I am going to cook up some Mini Quiche Cups with Cottage Cheese, Spinach, Mushroom and Capsicum to have for breakfast the next four days. I started today with the Mock Danish as it was so quick and easy.

I am keeping a little box of raw almonds and a bag of pre cut carrot sticks so I don't get tempted to snack while I am out at uni/running errands.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:01 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

PBL, carrots aren't allowed on Phase 1. Too high on the glycemic index, I believe.

And what's Capsicum?

Kara
Old 06-18-2007, 08:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/204/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

So after a Sunday on the North Beath diet I am back on the South! Yesterday it was so nice here (it's been raining for a week) and my DH and I met up with my Aunt for a walk on the boardwalk...well wouldn't you know it everyone else was having ice cream and so I did too. Other than that I'm not doing to bad. Going to the gym and yoga tonight. I think I'll add a couple of days to the end of this week before moving into Phase II to compensate for my indescretions this weekend! lol
Old 06-18-2007, 08:41 AM   #8  

Hi Everyone!

I'm a lapsed member - I lost 1 1/2 stone start of last year (prompted by my husband leaving. Best thing he ever did) but since then have got into another relationship, and the pounds have crept back on, all the weight I lost is back! PLus I'm now expecting in December, and I'm seriously overweight according to the midwife (I'm 5 ft 2 and weigh 12 stone at my booking in appointment)

I okayed the plan with her, and am following Phase 1 but with full fat cheese, semi skimmed milk. First day today, had scrambled eggs with some chopped up tomatoes and spring onions, lunch was a green salad with a balsamic & lemon dressing with garlic. Yummy!! Not feeling hungry at all, and looking forward to being a helathy mummy again!

BTW Tom&kara - capiscum is peppers (the bell type)
Old 06-18-2007, 08:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 208/204/165

OberonSH- quick question...how many pounds is a stone? I always hear it on the British shows but never have any idea what it is!
Old 06-18-2007, 09:03 AM   #10  

Good morning, ladies! Phase 1 is still going well for me. I got on the scale this morning and am showing a loss of 7 pounds since last week's P1 restart. My only indiscretion so far is some corn on the cob (just boiled -- no salt, no butter), which is far from the damage I could have done over this busy and crazy weekend.

Good luck this week to everyone. Here's some will power dust for us all to reach our goals!
Old 06-18-2007, 09:17 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCB View Post
OberonSH- quick question...how many pounds is a stone? I always hear it on the British shows but never have any idea what it is!
14 pounds in a stone. 14 painfully tough to remove pounds! That makes me 168 pounds. That sounds really big, so I'll stick to stones!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #12  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!

Welcome to those of you who are new and returning! This is a great group, and have given me the support I needed to make it through Phase 1. Tomorrow is my last day and I hope to make it to Wednesday morning's oatmeal breakfast, although it's been very tough lately.

I caved in last night and ate 5 cherries. Otherwise, I did okay this past weekend. I realized this morning when pondering yet another egg breakfast that I haven't had any beans on Phase 1. So I made a mock taco-bake for breakfast and it worked well.

More later, DH is getting up (he works second shift)....

L
Old 06-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Today, would have been my 8th day on P1 except for last night and my inability to resist Chinese food. I ate rice for the first time in I don't even know how long and boy am I paying for it today. Since I'm not experiencing any cravings and didn't go completely crazy last night I'm just going to continue on plan with P1 even though I know I gave in last night.

My body is revolting against me and I've been feeling ucky all day. Way too much salt. I'm totally bloated. I'm just eating a lot of veggies and drinking a lot of water and hoping I'll feel better tomorrow.

On a good note, DH got his promotion.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 133/133/115

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone -

This is my first day on Phase I and also my first day on an 'actual' diet. My weight has always fluctuated 10 pounds or so since college but it's crept up a bit more lately. For the past few months I've been trying to lose weight by keeping calories in check, but apparently my love of ice cream and dislike of treadmills has compromised my efforts! Anyway, I'm ready to embrace a structured plan and wish all of you luck.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:48 PM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Happy baby growing vibes, Oberon! Thanks for the translation!

Kara
Closed Thread