South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 06:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday - Hump Day Chat

Good Morning!

I have a busy day ahead of me, so I'm fueling up with coffee before it starts! We have a playdate until lunchtime, then Maggie has gymnastics, and right after that, Audrey has a full dress and make-up rehearsal for her tap/ballet show on Friday.
We just got the news yesterday afternoon that Maggie has Lyme Disease. We knew something was going on with her, as she's been sleeping more than usual and has been extremely irritable, so now we know why. Audrey has it, too, but it's been in remission for over 2 years now. We're hoping that once Maggie starts her meds, we can get hers under control, too. It seems everyone out in "horse country" has Lyme! I just hope I can continue to avoid it.

So how's everyone going to spend their Wednesday?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:49 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We did it again, Cottage! One minute apart! Your day sounds pretty full so let's stoke up on coffee!

Good morning! I seem to need an extra shot of caffeine this morning, probably because Cottage's rain has moved North to Delta. I just dashed out and rescued the cushions from the deck chairs.

The AGM (Annual General Meeting) of the Mill Society was pretty interesting and I did not let myself get elected to anything. Our Mill is a national historic site and there's lots of work to be done but I prefer to do things on an ad hoc basis rather than get stuck on a committee with regular monthly meetings! I'm supposed to be retired. I may resurrect the "Miller's Wives" playlets that I did a few summers ago.

Today will be spent scurrying around getting ready for company. Some of you may know Shad from the journals or other parts of the Forum. She's a NZ/Aussie who is doing a North American tour. She's been in Toronto with some of the chicks and is taking the train to Kingston today where I pick her up for a Delta visit. We'll have dinner and doggage tonight and then do the local sights tomorrow. I've got a schedule for her like the Queen! Late tomorrow afternoon we will have drinks at The Farm and then drive to trendy Merrickville to meet Carla49 for dinner. I'll hand Shad over and Carla49 will take her to Ottawa for more touring. It'll be busy but fun!

Right now I need to start the dishwasher and get off to the gym. It's raining pretty hard so I can probably take "Wash the car" off my To Do List!

What's happening around your Beach Towel today?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:59 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Nothing exiting here. Been up working for a couple of hours. I wanted to go work out in the garden for a while and pick up branches from the storms before it gets too hot (yesterday with heat index and unreal humidity it got to 110!) But with this new puppy, if I leave she starts yelping and I don't want to wake up my son.
I need desperately to go to the grocery store too and tons of work piled up to do. Sometimes working from home is not all it is cracked up to be.
The good news is that I saw a friend I hadn't seen for a while yesteday afternoon and she commented on the weight loss, so that was fun!
Old 06-13-2007, 07:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

If any of you in the Phila. area can tune in to TV today, my son-in-law, Eric, will be on "The 10 Show" today at 10am along with the cast of "HAIR!". He's the musical director, and may just be in the background, but I'm going to watch, anyway. No, they won't be nude!

Ruth, we have so much rain, I don't mind sharing with you! At least the sun does come out in between the storms. Have a great time with Shad, how fun!

femme, 110*, ugh! What did you name your new puppy?
Old 06-13-2007, 08:11 AM   #5  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

That's so cool that you're playing tour guide to a fellow chick.

Today I'm just trying to hold it together after only getting about five hours of sleep total last night. My husband is in grad school and working full time and so all of the house work and child care falls to me (we have three children). There is a play group this morning at 10 that I'm toying with the idea of going to, but it's at a park I've never been to and I don't know if it'll work for us. I have to have a surface that I can roll the stroller around and keep up with my one-year-old but feel like my four-year-old is safe as well... it gets complicated. I guess we'll see how crazy things are around 9:30, we may need to get out of the house no matter what!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Sue, I grew up in Palmyra, New Jersey, right across the bridge from Philly (our poor little town's one claim to fame is the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge!). I'll ask my parents if they saw anything on the TV about the show! Hope Maggie is feeling better soon.

Have a splendid visit, Ruth! What fun! If she wants to come to Asia, let me know and I'll show her around!

Morning, femme. Hope you stay cool!

I'm exhausted tonight. Keeping the kids quiet at the Korean class wasn't fun. The two older ones weren't awful, but the baby is cutting a tooth and she picked those particular two hours to be particularly cranky. Luckily, the class was free so I didn't feel bad for the others there, and the instructor had handouts, so I can study what I missed while shushing the various little 'uns.

Looking forward to a somewhat restful night and then tomorrow's my last day of Phase 1!

Off to shower and bed.

Kara
Old 06-13-2007, 09:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good Morning All,
I am getting addicted to checking in on the morning chat here every day!

Cottage - lyme disease sounds very serious to me. I have a friend that has it and she has lots of scary problems to deal with. But I think she didn't get diagnosed for a long time. So I'm really glad that you are on top of things and your kids are getting treated early.

Ruthxxx - you guys should get together and offer a 3fatchicks Canadian tour. It sounds like lots of fun, I'll come!

Femmecreole - working at home is very challenging! I find I have to keep to a schedule just like if I were at the office to keep my mind in the right place at the right time. But the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives for me, I surely don't miss sitting in the car 3 - 4 hours a day!

Kara - I love languages, but I haven't studied anything as different as Korean. That sounds really cool, you'll have to share some with us. It sounds like you and your husband are really trying to take advantage of your time there. Congratulations on making it through Phase I! Doesn't it feel great to know you've stuck it out through the "toughest" part. Hope you'll post more in the Phase II Newbies thread.

Well, time to get in the work frame of mind. My youngest DD and DS just caught the bus to school. Oldest DD and DH just went to the PO to put in a passport application - she's going to Jamaica this summer. She's working today too, so things should be quiet around here. Hope to get lots of work done, catch up on some laundry at lunch, maybe do some grocery shopping later. If it's hot I guess we'll hit the pool after school. I missed my walk last night because of the rain, so maybe I can get one in tonight. Oh, and got to think of what to do for dinner! You guys all have a great day!
Old 06-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #8  

Cottage I am so sorry to hear about Maggie. I don't know much about Lyme disease, what is it?

Ruth Have fun with the chicks! I still think it would be so fun to meet up. Of course, Barb and I only live probably 15-20 minutes from one another and one of us is always pretty busy.

Morning Schmoodle, Kara, Femme, and Heather! Have a great day!

Me- I am in a super cranky mood and really need to snap out of it. Within 10 minutes of being up this morning, my older DD was already in timeout because she was being mouthy. DH is on my last nerve- he is at a new job which from the outside is great- good pay increase, home on weekends, but he can't stand it. I don't know why he can't just go to work, suck it up, and enjoy being home. I guess his mood is just contagious as he has been a big grouch lately....

Anyhow, I need to get into the shower, we are going up to school for a bit. Mainly because I tend to get stir crazy when we are home all day. I am definitely not cut out to be a stay at home mom all year round, that is for sure!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 09:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/128/120

Height: 5'4

Good morning from the Pacific time zone! Many of you have been up and at it for hours and I'm just getting started. Yesterday was day 1 on P2 for me and I had myself an oatmeal pancake for dinner - it was yummy! Today is going to be a busy day and I have a meeting first thing so I'll be making a pit stop for some extra coffee.

Cottage - my mom had/has? (is it one of those things where, once you have it, you have it for life?) lyme disease. It took forever for them to diagnose it. Luckily she recovered and is her normal self. Hope the kids do well.

Femme - 110? You've even got us beat! It was only 103 here yesterday although they're 'promising' us 110 by the weekend. But for us 'its a dry heat'!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 09:54 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Kiko, hope your mood gets better. Try to focus on one good thing that goes your way. I have to admit that I am often guilty of The Grumps, and I try to reason with myself that no one else in my family deserves to listen to my attitude, but sometimes I'm down in the mouth anyhow. It's a hard thing to break out of.

Stir up those endorphins with an exercise session if you can. Plus, you smell so gosh darn nice afterwards!

Schmoodle, I will for sure be in the Phase 2 thread on Friday! I can't wait! STRAWBERRIES HERE I COME!

Off to bed ladies. Have a great day!

Kara
Old 06-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning Chickies!

Cottage: How terrible for Maggie! I hope you're able to avoid getting the Lyme -- you have so far! Sounds like a super busy day for you!

Ruth: How neat to be meeting a "chick"! You're such an awesome person -- and way to go getting out of those committees, they can really be a drag!!

Femme: I saw your puppy yesterday - ADORABLE! It is so hard getting out of the house when they're young, though. I hope you can get the yard done!

Heather: Yikes! Sounds like mom needs a rest! Maybe instead of going to the park, you can all get in a little snooze!

tomandkara: Is your Korean class for learning the language? How neat! Hope the kiddos are quiet enough that you can hear yourself practicing!

Schmoodle: Sounds like a busy day for you as well! A swim sounds fantastic. Too bad the desert doesn't allow for many swimming areas!

Kiko: Goodness, I hope DH settles down soon! Hope your day is better than it has been!

I'll post about me later! Have a great day!
Old 06-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Haven't gotten to bed yet. I'm avoiding the dishes in the sink...

Yes, the class tonight was to (attempt to) learn a "survival amount" of Korean. You know, what you might use in a store or restaurant or in light conversation. It was very interesting and I learned all about the characters and how they're put together and what sounds they make, which will make finding the bathrooms easier when we're out and about! I also learned some about local customs and no-nos, which will be helpful in not offending anyone. It was a good night, despite the split attention between the kids and the front of the room. I'm a sucker for culture and language learning opportunities.

Thanks for asking!

Kara
Old 06-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Okay ladies. I FINALLY have time to let you know what's going on with me! I've been a little MIA lately because I rearranged my office and my internet cord wouldn't stretch as far as I needed it to. So DH bought a new one yesterday and I put it in last night.

I'm on D2 of P1 and feeling very SB flu-ish. On a good note, I've lost 2 lbs since Monday and have really been eating great so far! DH and I were cranky this morning as neither of us slept well last night. We finally figured out why we were losing sleep about two nights a week -- the NBA Finals! Duh! We've watched every game in the post season and get so into it that we can't sleep afterwards. Oh well, hopefully only one more game until our Spurs take home the Championship and we can sleep again.

This weekend I'm hoping to paint the trim in the kitchen. The previous owners painted the trim black and it looks hideous. We're also going to try and paint the walls, but we'll see how that goes!

Finally, we're sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear how a coworker of ours is doing after her masectomy this afternoon (hopefully it turned into a lupectomy instead!). She is such a sweet lady and I want her to be okay!
Closed Thread