South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: h206/s190/ticker/g145

Height: 5'5

Unhappy stuck on the pot

ok, i know this seems like such a weird and gross topic, but since i have been eating on plan i have been plugged up. ok, now for 2 days i ate so so so bad. i had dessert. not just one, but 5 different desserts in 2 days . i had a birthday party on sunday, had 3 petite brownies and and small slice of cake. yesterday went to a buffet and had a rice krispy with chocolate, a choc. and nuts covered 1/4 banana and a large slice of carrot cake. and now my stomache is killing me. I can't keep anything in. not even water. i ate on plan today and plan on it for a long time. has this happen to anyone who ventures off plan? i have learned my lesson and i do not eat like this normally.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:20 AM   #2  
Trying again

S/C/G: 220.4/216.2/173

Height: 5'11"

I went off plan Saturday and it caught up to me Monday, but not as bad as what you're describing. Maybe you caught some type of bug?
Old 06-13-2007, 09:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

There is something going around in our area. My friend and her family all just went through a week of major stomach disturbances - gas pains, etc. Another friend of my DD has had it too.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Hope you feel better soon!

Try eating some beans. Since I'm a vegetarian they're in lots of recipes I try. I haven't had a constipation issue yet. Also, I think the good oils, like olive oil, are supposed to be good for "lubricating" the passage of the poo. And make sure you're drinking enough water. If you're dehydrated, the water will be absorbed out of the wastes before they get to the end of your digestive tract and that will make things difficult.

Sorry if that sounded bad. My son just did a unit on digestion for science and I learned a lot about the small and large intestines!

Kara
Old 06-13-2007, 11:28 AM   #5  
Slow and sure chick

I have chronic constipation problems due to a medication side effect.
(Yes, the medication is worth the side effect.)
The things I have found that work best are -
Lots of veggies (and fruits if on Phase 2) tend to maintain things,
5 prunes after dinner if things are slow,
and every now and then I gotta hit the milk of magnesia, which works like a charm.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:33 PM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

for constipation
drink water
peri-colace or stool softner helps
and yes metamucil in water (i triple the dose) works
i have minor IBS so i go between severe constipation and loose stools 2-3 times a day.... and i never take anything for the loose stool

the metamucil and stool softern combo can sometimes take 2-3 days to work... but it's not too bad... no real cramping

as for eating off plan and getting sick.. yep that's a good side effect of healthy eating your body rebels against the bad food and you remember and don't wanna eat it any more!
Old 06-13-2007, 03:04 PM   #7  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Am I the only person on SBD who goes TOO MUCH? I'm going like at least 4 times a day. Happens every time. All those veggies and beans I guess. It's not really a problem.. . just takes up a lot of time!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

But, Heather, don't your kids find it fun to play with you in the bathroom? I ALWAYS have company in the bathroom, like it's a special time with Mommy where she's completely stuck and HAS to pay attention to every tiny thing they're doing! I'm scared to close the door and not see what they're getting into but...ach...privacy...

Kara
Old 06-14-2007, 08:28 AM   #9  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

My son likes to stick his hands under the door and I 'step' on his fingers with my toes, and he SQUEALS. it's pretty funny. I don't like to let them come in there because he tends to want to touch the toilet and empty stuff out of the cabinet under the sink.
Closed Thread