Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 05:03 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Setting a Goal

I'm about 5 lbs away from my 10% (I have never made this with WW before) How do you set your goal? The website had an unbelievably Low goal for me.
Thanks,
Kier
Old 06-12-2007, 05:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 288/278.8/150

Height: 5 ft.5 in.

You are able to discuss a new high goal if you want to. Usually they want a Dr.'s note and then you'd be at goal per you and your Dr. and not per the Plan.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #3  
I <3 Gaby

S/C/G: 107.6kg/89.8kg/58kg

Height: 5'0

Hmm i've just gone by what my 'passport to success' says is my healthy weight range, and decided what weight I wanted to reach (58kg - I started WW at 107.6kg!)...... I am in New Zealand though, so chances are it's done a bit differently?
Old 06-13-2007, 12:20 AM   #4  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

To be honest, I originally set my goal for my original goal weight that I reached in 2001 and that was 1 KG less than the top of the range. After having thought about it, and it taking so long this time around (not as focused) my new goal is actually 10KG higher, simply because it's more realistic for me. Will they (WW) "let" me have that as a goal? I don't know. I'm already a lifetime member and I don't go to meetings (I may in the future) so I'm not really worried about the paying issue. For me, personally, I had to take everything into account and be honest with myself and ALSO not try to go for something that may really be out of my control (I'm older, my lifestyle is different, etc).

So my goal is to get to 80KG. I would love to just get to 90KG at this point (I started in August last year at 101 and last w/i I was 96KG). Thinking about even attempting to get to 70KG is too daunting. I want to just be at a comfortable, healthy weight for ME and not necessarily go for something that is not realistic for me at this time.

Those ranges are great to go by - but ultimately it's about YOU and what is best for you and your body.
Closed Thread