Old 06-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #1  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

Default It's sooo Mental

I'm a newbie to LAWL - started in Jan. with a COD quit after a month or so.
But last year I was able to lose almost 35lbs on my own with diet & exercise.

Since Feb. I've tried to get back on the wagon more times than I can count. Every day it'd be "I'll start tomorrow" "I'm so eating better tomorrow" Tomorrow came, bad eating habits stuck around.

Then finally something popped/snapped - something. I decided to get back on the wagon and I'm doing it.
I feel GREAT, I feel empowered, I feel I can finally do this.

So today I sit and think. How much weight loss is MENTAL - it's more of a mental challenge I think than anything else. Telling yourself every minute, YOU CAN DO THIS. I honestly think about food more now than I did when I ate garbage etc. But it's in a good way :-)

So, even though I'm a LAWL newbie - I want to say to all the others just starting out, or just getting back on the wagon -

I know you can do it. You need to believe in yourself and think about the future, not the past. Keep a positive head set, even if the scale doesn't move the way you want - it WILL happen. This is what gives me will power to stay away from garbage - like the ice cream in the freezer, chocolates on the desk, Mt. Dew in the fridge. It also gives me the strength to bring my butt to the gym or jog or bike every day.
I think I can, I think I can...

I can't wait to see the new me !!! And the new you!!

Sorry for my little rant - I just feel good about this, I think this time is different, honestly :-)
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:15 AM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Can I get an "AMEN?"
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:52 AM   #3  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

and Hallelujia!!!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

AMEN SISTAH!!! And Dan! LOL
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #5  

I too am a "repeater" and I feel the same way...I am dedicated and almost obsessed with it now. I just keep telling myself that food will be around for a long time (forever!) I have to re-program myself to think about food as my drug of choice and how to overcome my bad habits. As I was craving a potato chip (none in the house anyway) last night, I turned to my fiance and said, "Why in the world and I willing to mess up this wonderful day of eating that I have had with one chip?" (which would have lead to more chips I am sure) It was like a light bulb went off in my head and said...if you do that you've wasted your own time, money, and efforts!!!!!! I am also getting into telling my body what is good for it...a complete mind game. When I work out...I am like, no leg...you are gonna move, you don't have a choice. It is a day by day battle, struggle, war!!! Okay...do I sound crazy????? I just may be!
jdutchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:01 AM   #6  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Not crazy at all...you are right on the money. Sometimes when I'm jogging, I tell myself to be grateful that I CAN run because many people wish that they could but cannot because of health reasons, etc. It gives me the extra push that I need. It's very much a mental challenge, daily, hourly...every minute of every day - some days it feels that way.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote