Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-12-2007, 07:14 AM   #1  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Default Sounds great.....but I'm still bummed

I stepped on the scale and I only dropped 3 lbs this week. We did this calculation thing in class last week where you put in the amount of exercise you do and the calories in and calories out and it calculates the weight you should be losing each week. For me it said 6 lbs. I thought I worked my butt off....I did a little less than last week, but I still exercised everyday. I can't help but feel really bummed.

I know 3 lbs seems like a lot...I guess it doesn't seem like that much when I look at my long term goal. If I say to my brother "Look, I lost 3 lbs!" and he says "That's all?".... I'm gonna try and not let this get me down....I'll still go to the gym this morning..maybe that will help my mood.
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:19 AM   #2  

3lbs off is a LOT better than 3lbs on!

Seriously though, it does seem insignificant if you have a long road ahead...but look at 3 x 1lb bags of sugar..you lost the equivalent of that..in a week!

Then multiply that up by 2...and see how far, actually, you are coming in a fortnight.

And...hmm. Make a quick mental list of other things youve enjoyed as a result of weightloss aside from the, well ,weightloss. Obviously you must have a decent amount of energy going, cos you're off to the gym!

hang in there..personally im envious, i dont a) have any gym motivation or b) any loss this fortnight

love
emily
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:20 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well darling that's why I don't look at "those" calculators. They are HIGHLY inaccurate. No matter what you do, even if it's the same thing week after week you are surely not guaranteed the same weightloss week to week. Our bodies just don't work that way.

3 lbs is awesome. Don't be disappointed - be thrilled. Just keep at it and what once seems like a huge amount of weight to lose starts to diminish. And then the numbers don't seem so bad. Really, time flies and before you know it those pounds off really add up or down should I say. You WILL get there. You're doing a fabulous job. KEEP AT IT. It's so very worth it.

As far as your brother goes, I wouldn't tell him a thing if he's so negative. You need supportive people, not ones who will put you down and not praise you for your hard work. Come here. Tell us.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:25 AM   #4  
I DO have a BellyButton!

thanks girls.

I keep forgetting to think about what a lb of fat looks like and then think about what THREE of those would look like. I guess it's good.

Waiting to see what my mom lost this week....sometimes it gets to be a competition with us and it's fun. If I win we stop at 7 Eleven for sugar free slushies...if she wins she makes a fruit smoothie when we get home.

I can't wait to be out of the 290's.....I've been over 290 since the middle of Middle School..(except for the 5 months I was on a diet and lost 90 lbs)

Last edited by BabyBrownEyes; 06-12-2007 at 07:26 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 06-12-2007, 08:33 AM   #5  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I would be thrilled with 1 lb. Those calculating things are just guesstimators. There's no way those things can take every single factor into you PERSONALLY.

3 lbs is great. Keep doing what you are doing and you'll hit each milestone you are aiming for
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:37 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

ignore those lying calculator things... everyone is different.

THREE POUNDS is AWESOME.... I'd be thrilled. I lost POINT TWO this week... not even half a pound....

just keep on going and KNOW that it adds up over time and we've got nothing but time...
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #7  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
ignore those lying calculator things... everyone is different.

THREE POUNDS is AWESOME.... I'd be thrilled. I lost POINT TWO this week... not even half a pound....

just keep on going and KNOW that it adds up over time and we've got nothing but time...
Thanks for this. I know I should be thankful for ANY loss. Of course I knew I would lose, I just get very anxious to be at my goal weight..ya know? I want my boyfriend to find me irresistable! I want him to propose! lol. In reality I know he does and he will, but I guess I want to find myself irresistable! lol does that make sense at all? I'm really excited to get to my next goal because I know that by then it will be REALLY noticeable.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Yeah....I think alot of us can relate to the "I want to hurry up and get there" but unfortunately it takes time. You are doing awesome!! I would love to lose 3 pounds a week. Now that i am back to excersizing, i doubt the scale will be as kind to me as it has the past two weeks. But as long as I can measure and see that going down, that will make up for it. Just keep focused on not just the weight but how much better you feel. And i agree....don't tell that negative brother anything. You need support, not someone who doesn't understand. Keep coming here and we will give you the love and support you need!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:14 AM   #9  
I DO have a BellyButton!

aww.. you guys are great. I love the atmosphere in this community...it's sooo great.

So a 5 week total of 25.5 lbs....not so shabby.
Gonna shoot for 30 lbs for the next 5 weeks. Then I'll be at my 2nd mini goal! yayayayaya!

I promise I won't get disappointed if I don't meet it....just hoping.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:28 AM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

ROCK ON SHEILA!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:30 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
I want my boyfriend to find me irresistable! I want him to propose! lol. In reality I know he does and he will, but I guess I want to find myself irresistable!
NOT going to be popular here but....if you can't find yourself irresistable now what makes you think that losing the weight will make a difference?

seriously my biggest thing in getting this weight off was learning that I'm worth it and loveable and sexy and beautiful no matter what size I am.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Three pounds in a week is awesome... don't let your mind tell you otherwise! You're three pounds closer to where you want to be, and that's fabulous. That's the way I see it, anyway - even losing ONE pound is better than losing nothing at all, or worse - gaining. Good job.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #13  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Hi Ladybug...

Not saying that I don't find a lot of larger women beautiful and sexy...

but I generally don't find fat sexy. Yes, everyone is different...BUT we all make choices and my choice in my life wasn to be active and not to eat healthy. That resulted in my fatness (which, no, is not sexy) If I thought I was irresistable, sexy and all that, I wouldn't be losing weight. I'm on this journey to make myself feel better and in that is looking better. Because we all know that when we look in the mirror we're either disappointed or happy.

I don't think there is anything wrong with me not finding fatness sexy. And again, there are women who can pull it off....I can't. I was incredibly happy with myself and found myself sooo hot when I had lost 90 lbs...I loved the feeling...I LOVED feeling my ribs.

I know we all have our opinion...mine is that FIT is sexy.

Thanks guys!! As always!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

BabyBrownEyes, there's nothing wrong with not finding your fat sexy! I don't find my fat sexy, either. I know there are some GORGEOUS heavier women ,but I don't think excess weight looks good on me. I DEFINITELY DO NOT find myself irresistable, though since losing 10 pounds, I've felt better and gotten more attention - maybe it's all the confidence I exude now that I'm finally losing weight.

Confidence is hot. Women who are bigger but confident in it and have an attitude of, "I'm fat, yeah so what? If you don't like it, kiss my fat!" are awesome... but if YOU don't like your body, how can you expect anyone else to enjoy it? I'm with you there.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:44 AM   #15  
ONEderland here I come!

but see isn't that the key... I would love to be 100 pounds lighter RIGHT NOW but it's not going to happen.. i might as well love me where I am and accept that my husband thinks i'm the hottest thing in the world (as do most of his friends)....

of course loving myself where i am right now and knowing i'm beautiful even though i'm fat makes it all the easier to stay on the plan... cause if i'm HOT now... just imagine how much hotter i'll be at a lower weight....