Old 06-11-2007, 09:02 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Core Chat Thread June 11 through June 16, 2007

Drat! I tried to remind myself to start a new thread before I posted on the other one.

Here are our new pages for the week. I'm off to move my posts over to this thread.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:03 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! The scale IS down this morning but may not be enough to have a loss today at WW. It's ok if not because today is the beginning of my smaller waist. I'm hobbling around a bit this morning with various aches and pains from the treadmill yesterday. I've no time to get on there this morning so maybe later. I have no doubt that the exercise is essential for me to lose weight. It will have to be something I do at least 6 days a week. Dr. Oz says 7. First I have to work up to two in a row!!!!!

We have a million errands to run after lunch. It'll be good to get them all done.

I'm going to edit yesterdays menu, start one for today, and catch up with all of you.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:04 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh Rhonda, your description of your former MIL is SO sad. I lived through that whole process with my own Mother and is is just heartbreaking. I remember the day that she no longer knew me. I cried for hours/days. I still miss her very, very much. One of the ladies at WW wanted me to join a water aerobics class with her. I was just reluctant to commit with everything we had going on here. I know I would love it though. I hope you join. It is supposed to be great for the body....less stress on the joints.

Debbie, I hope you choose Core! If you do, come hang out here with us. We'll try to help you as much as we can and in return we'll hope that your newbie enthusiasm rubs off on us! Good Luck!

Frouf, it's pretty warm here but not too humid for a change. I've been shopping too....everything is SO expensive. What on earth is up with your MIL and the others that didn't show up? I think it sounds like you did very good by bringing your snacks to the recital. You sound like me and Jim when we go out to eat after missing a meal! I say stuff like.....the bread and the soup equal breakfast and then everything else equals lunch. Probably why I have 150 pounds to lose? Good luck with your food challenges for the next few days. Just remember it's just food. I'm trying to eat to live and not live to eat. So far it hasn't made a huge difference but I'm going to keep trying. When does your cruise start?

Ok girlies.....I can hear Jim is done in the shower. I'm going to head in there now so I can get to my meeting a bit early. It's been really crowded lately. It must be bathing suit season. By Fall, me and my 3 friends will be the only ones there!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:05 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Nikki....where did you go?
Old 06-11-2007, 10:03 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Vickie, mucho good luck at w/i this morning! My fingers and toes are crossed.

I'm going to put my ticker back on, and also a thermometer. The heat is starting up with a vengeance; I think we're expecting a high of mid-90s each day this week but no rain in the forecast from what I can tell.

Coworker is out today so I'd better get busy but will be back soon.
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:31 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Monday everyone. Well, my yard looks great. We spent about 3 hours working on the beds - lots and lots to week, DH did the edging and we spread a moutain of mulch. Of course Sarah instited on "helping" which did nothing but slow us down. She spent time riding her quad ( an electric 4x4) all around the yard. The great thing with that is we can hear exactly where she is. Finally the battery died and I had to push her back to the barn. After we finished the gardening I took her for a bike ride - she rides, I walk. When done I figured out I earned 7 Activity points!!

Went out to dinner and had turkey tips, potato and veggies. Pretty much all core. Sarah and Jim split chocolate lava cake with ice cream -- NSV for me. NONE Of it went into my mouth!! I did make my core almost apple cake last night, very yummy. I feel good having planned so much already. Wed is wi and I should make it to work by the end of the meeting to get weighed. Sarahs preschool has the end of year show at 10:30. If I drop her off at my mom's after school at noon, I should be to work by 12:30 or so. The meeting typically ends at 12:45. So I should be OK. I can't wait to see what the scale says. WOW, when was the last time I was looking forward to a wi !

Vickie - I can't find the sesame chicken recipe here, I'll have to check my home pc. For the potato/ham casserol I basically make core scalloped potatos and add ham. I peel and slice 4 potatoes, add in one sliced onion and chopped ham, salt, pepper and ground mustard. Mix that all together and put in a baking dish. Pour skim milk over the top- to about 1/2 way up, cover with foil and bake. 375 for 40 minutes, then I remove the foil for another 15 or so - until the potatos are soft and the milk is either abosorbed or evaporated. How is the treadmill? I hope its fixed and working well. Good luck at wi today.

Angela, what do you do with cinnamon basil? I don't think I would buy it not knowing what to do with it. I'm glad that there are now neighborhood girls close by. Sarah has 2 girls that are both 4 within walking distance that she plays with - its nice, they all go to the same preschool and will be in the same elementary school as well.

Rhonda, I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. HUGS to you.
Debbie, Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you.
Frouf, thinking of you this up coming weekend. My neices dance recital is Saturday and I'm taking Sarah to see it. I think she will really enjoy it - and she could be my excuse to sneak out once Emily is done Try to find a meeing to join. I must say it does help me alot.

Tiki and Gina- where are you? Hope all is well.

Well, got to run. BBL.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #7  

I have no idea what to do with cinnamon basil. I just think it would smell good. I think the seed packet has some ideas.

I love regular fresh basil from the garden though. My favorite is ww angel hair pasta tossed with EVOO, a little parmesan and garlic, fresh garden tomatoes, peppers, and basil. Yummo!

I'm very busy this week with church stuff.

Later,
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:42 AM   #8  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Morning chickies,

Overcast and warming up already - expecting rain/thunderstorms - then another heat wave the rest of the week (90's!). I still have gardening to do (as I am reminded by all the other gardeners here) and maybe this is the weekend I can finally do it. There is a small market a couple of blocks from work which I pass on the way home and most of the stalls are currently PACKED w/bedding plants - so pretty and colorful - I may stop by on my way home Friday and get a few for the garden and plant on Saturday.

Sunday is father's day of course but little ds has a bday party that day - probably go out for dinner with dh and kids???

Vickie - good luck at WI - let us know how you do!

Kathy - stay cool!

Angela - that recipe sounds divine and can only be better with all the fresh veggies from the garden - yum yum

Paula - sounds like you made some excellent choices and congrats on the NSV - you are a strong woman

Yes - lots of eating challenges for me - esp since dh needs to get something from my trunk so we are probably going out for lunch together (thai place down the street) - then again out for dinner (japanese grill) - then more eating the rest of the week - yes Vickie I will try and remember it's just food and it's not going anywhere right? No need to fill up in case of a pending famine

My 'staff member' comes back tomorrow from her Europe trip - thank goodness - I find I get more anxious when I'm on my own - ha ha ha - forgot how to do some of the stuff I used to do all the time!

Tomorrow morning school interview for little ds - can't wait!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #9  

The brownies turned out delightful and everyone just loves them! I didn't have one (yay, me!) but instead have a very nice banana sitting here in case I'm tempted.

Paula, while reading about your ham/potato casserole I was reminded of something I keep meaning to try. I saw a recipe (here?) where you slice a potato and onion, then alternate them sorta inserting the onion slices in between the potato slices, drizzle with FF Italian, wrap in foil and bake just like a regular baked potato. Doesn't that sound good? I might try it tonight if I get home in time. I'm really considering going to the gym after work but it depends on what time I get out of here.

Okay, back to work. I just thought I'd do a quick fly-by to check on everybody.

Angela, I'm also going to make the pasta as soon as my tomatoes are ripe! If I can't wait, I might have to just buy some. I'm really looking forward to having fresh vegetables this summer.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:03 PM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

I lost 1.6! I'm in a zone.

Off to lunch and errands. Drink your water everyone. I froze a 24 oz bottle solid so I could have it in the car with me during errands.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 10"

Way to Go VICKIE!!!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #12  

That's awesome news!!! Congratulations!!
Old 06-11-2007, 01:26 PM   #13  

Congrats Vickie!

1.6 is awesome!

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Vickie!!!!

I'm just passing by...staying OP today and from home. While the new electronic age is great, and our contact is a great example, there is a down side to WORK always being there. Have to tame yet another beast! But, I'd rather be here than downtown in the office today. I didn't sleep well and was able to get work done from home in the wee hours of the morning and send it off.

BBL

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:12 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

hi there. we got home exhausted last night so i'm just getting here. i have read a few posts but not all. i'll get caught up tonight. we're running in circles today. we just booked flights to texas for 2 family reunions--both on curtis' side of the family. it'll be a whirlwind trip but it will be good to see everyone.

rhonda, i'm sorry about your mil. i remember when my grandfather didn't know me any more. so sad.

vickie, girl!!!!!! i am so happy for you. curtis did well on core this weekend but i didn't. i'm working harder today. i am so proud for you. you're in the zone for sure. now will you pull us all in with you?

frouf, i haven't read what you posted about the recital yet, but it sounds like you had some folks being butts. i'm sorry. i hope dd wasn't too disappointed.

got to run. lots to do. i apologize for not posting to each of you. i'll be back tonight.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote