South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 10:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Phase II Newbies Check-In

I was wondering how my fellow graduates from Phase I this weekend are doing. What have you added back and have you noticed any effects on your cravings or appetite? Yesterday was my first day starting Phase II and I only added a bowl of steel cut Irish oatmeal in the morning. Same for today. I ate one of the dreaded eggs with it just to be safe. I did feel hungrier yesterday, so I'm curious today to see if I was just having a hungry day, or if the oatmeal had something to do with it. In a few more days, I'll try some fruit.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:51 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good idea, Schmoodle. Sometimes it's hard to make the transition. Everyone should check out the stickies in the FAQ Section for some hints. The main thing to remember is to take it slowly and not fret if your loss stops or even disappears as your body adjusts.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #3  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Schmoodle,

Thanks so much for starting this thread! I'm only on Day 5 and I'm already afraid of adding carbs back in because I fear the monkey is just waiting to jump back on my back. I was thinking I'd add in oatmeal first too because Im already sick of eggs for breakfast, and then maybe beans, but no bread. I'd like to see how you do on the oatmeal because I really fear the cravings and extra hunger.

L
Old 06-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!

Today was Day 2 on Phase 2 for us (DH and I)... We've added an apple which we've eaten for an afternoon snack along with some Peanut Butter. It is sooooo good!

We haven't had any problems with additional hunger or cravings.

If you don't care for (or are just plain tired of ) eggs, you should try the flaxseed waffles.... They are our new favorite breakfast!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:51 PM   #5  

Checking in!

I lost 8 pds on phase 1. I added oatmeal and a piece of toast. I feel good, no cravings at all!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #6  

can anyone recommend a good cereal? It's incredible how much this 2-week detox helped. I am now looking at labels, when I never did before!

Is Total cereal my best bet? I had some Kashi Autumn wheat this morning.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:12 AM   #7  

Well Phase 1 went ok I lost 6 lbs. total. I hoped that I would lose more.

I added some oatmeal and toast as well.

Not really having any sugar cravings. But I have been having a craving for beans which I never did before. I love pinto beans!!!

I think I can maintain this, it doesnt seem pretty hard!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 10:39 AM   #8  

Default Day 3 of Phase II

Glad we are having a smooth transition to Phase II. I've had some gastric distress last night and this morning, but hopefully my system will adjust. All I've had that wasn't allowed on Phase I in the last 3 days is oatmeal and a handful of baby carrots yesterday. I hadn't planned to have those, but I had nothing else to dip in my hummus, and I really wanted it! It's amazing how much I have to load up my shopping cart with the veggies to make it through the week. Whereas before I was throwing them away half the time because they got slimy before I got around to cooking them. I think that's part of the key - making sure you are always stocked up with the good stuff and thinking ahead, because if you're hungry and there isn't something ready for you to grab, look out!

Dolphingirl, I am interested in the cold cereal too, I really like to have cereal for breakfast, especially in the summer. Here's what it says in the Phase II approved foods list - "Cereal, Cold - 30 grams/1 ounce/3/4 cup. Varieties with 3.0 - 4.9 grams are “good” sources of fiber. “High” fiber cereals have 5.0 grams of fiber or more per serving. Choose a cereal with enough fiber to be at least on the upper end of “good,” and make sure it has less than 8 grams of sugar per serving."
I'd love to know what everyone's favorites are. I tried the Uncle Sam's cereal last time around SBD, and didn't care for it much.

1oftheluvs, I will try the waffles too, they sound great. So does your apple. I've stayed away from peanut butter so far because I love it and I'm afraid I'll overindulge, but that is a snack I would love!
Old 06-11-2007, 10:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Still consider myself a newbie to phase II, thought I would share a couple of things. Yesterday I made the Oatmeal Pancake in the book which says it is 1 serving. Well let me tell you, that is one big honkin serving! Being from the area that believes pancakes must be ate with peanut butter, I was stuffed!!! I had to force myself to drink V-8 5 hours later to get a snack in! This morning I made it into 2 pancakes, ate one and froze the other. Probably better that way because after doing a rough calorie count it is a little on the high side to eat at one sitting!

2nd I had commented that the scales weren't moving but the rolls were going somewhere. Well I was sure I was doomed because friday evening we went to my mother-in-laws and she had cooked supper for us (which we weren't planning on) fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and noodles! Heaven Help Me!
Not wanting to be rude I ate small amounts. Stepped on the scales saturday morning, down 2 pounds! There is my whoosh, but what the heck? Think my body was in shock and said "Here, don't do that again!"
Old 06-12-2007, 09:07 AM   #10  

Hi everyone! Tomorrow will be day 1 of P2 for me. I still haven't decided what to add in. I'm tired of eggs for breakfast, so I was thinking of oatmeal.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #11  

I know there are more of us on phase 2, right?

So far so good here. Yesterday I had a sandwitch with whole wheat bread. Yummy. Taking it one day at a time. No bad cravings yet.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:44 AM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphingirl View Post
Checking in!

I lost 8 pds on phase 1. I added oatmeal and a piece of toast. I feel good, no cravings at all!
oatmeal AND a piece of toast is TWO grains/starches. you should only have one at a time and only add one thing back each week....

so one or the other but not both and have some protein with them.

two grain/starches can spike your blood sugar.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:21 PM   #13  

I haven't ventured too far into Phase II land yet. Only the oatmeal, and a handful of baby carrots. I cooked a big pot of oatmeal, and I've been eating it for the last four days, so I'm ready to move on to something else. I've been wanting a bowl of cereal, so I checked the cold cereals out at the store today. It's not easy to find one that fits into the guidelines. I ended up with Special K Low Carb Lifestyle protein plus. Haven't tasted it yet. I've also got a little box of Kashi Go Lean Crunch, which fits in, but the sugar is 7-8 grams per serving, so it's borderline. I also picked up a box of strawberries and a block of dark chocolate. Yum!

Thanks ladybugnessa for keeping us in line!
Old 06-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #14  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
I haven't ventured too far into Phase II land yet. Only the oatmeal, and a handful of baby carrots. I cooked a big pot of oatmeal, and I've been eating it for the last four days, so I'm ready to move on to something else. I've been wanting a bowl of cereal, so I checked the cold cereals out at the store today. It's not easy to find one that fits into the guidelines. I ended up with Special K Low Carb Lifestyle protein plus. Haven't tasted it yet. I've also got a little box of Kashi Go Lean Crunch, which fits in, but the sugar is 7-8 grams per serving, so it's borderline. I also picked up a box of strawberries and a block of dark chocolate. Yum!

Thanks ladybugnessa for keeping us in line!
Schmoodle (have i told you I love that name) I think special K is mostly rice right?
that's not a good idea

uncle sam's is good
kashi go lean (not crunch) is good
shredded wheat even is good

i don't do cold cereal they don't fill me...

best of luck....
Old 06-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #15  
ONEderland here I come!

here's a list i found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cereal Suggestions from the SBD Website:

Cereal Suggestions

Hot Cereals (with suggested serving sizes):
Ralston 100% Wheat (1/2 cup)
Quaker Oat Bran (1/2 cup)
Quaker Old Fashioned Oats (slow-cooking type) (1/2 cup)
Old Wessex Oatbran (1/2 cup)
Kashi Breakfast Pilaf (1/2 cup)
Mother's or Quaker Multigrain (1/2 cup)
Arrowhead Mills 7 Grain (1/3 cup)
Wheatena (1/3 cup)
Arrowhead Mills Steel Cut Oats (1/4 cup)
Mother's Whole Wheat (1/2 cup)
McCann's Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal (1/4 cup)
Roman Meal Original with Oats (1/3 cup)

Cold Cereals (with suggested serving sizes):
Uncle Sam Cereal (1 cup)
Kellogg's All Bran Original (1/2 cup)
Post Shredded Wheat & Bran (1 1/4 cup)
Kellogg's All Bran Extra Fiber (1/2 cup)
Post Bran Buds (1/3 cup)
Post 100% Bran Cereal (1/3 cup)
General Mills Fiber One (1/2 cup)
Kashi Good Friends (3/4 cup)
Kashi GoLean (3/4 cup)
Closed Thread