Old 06-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #1  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default I've blown it

Well, After a month of not sticking to anything resembling my plan.....I have not had the nerve to hit the scale.
I let stress and outside influence get the better of me.
Argggggggggggggh! I am soooo frustrated! What is wrong with me? Why can't I do this?
I guess I will wipe the past month from my mind and start again. First things first.....by getting on the scale tomorrow to see how much damage is done.

This would be so much easier if I lived in a stress free world!

Thanks for listening. Feel free to give me a good swift kick in the backside!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:19 PM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like you're beating yourself up enough, and don't really need a swift kick from me! You've recognized that you jumped off of plan, and that now it's time to get back on. You can do this, one day at a time!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:24 PM   #3  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

You can do it. Don't waste your time beating yourself up. In the immortal words of Scarlet O'hara, "Tomorrw is another day!"
Holdensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/189/160

Height: 5 foot 6 inches

Default I totally understand

I just posted almost the exact same thing on the support forum. I totally understand. It is VERY frustrating to have to keep starting over,but we are not perfect and we are going to mess up. We just need to help keep each other on track. It may take longer than we want it to, but we will eventually get there.
Courtney
changing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Hey, you're getting right back on track. Hopefully the next time you start to veer off you'll remember this feeling and get back on even sooner. But the important thing is that you're here and you're still determined. Glad you're back in the swing of things. The number on the scale is just a number....it's not the measure of your worth....so just see where you're at and consider it a jumping off point...not a definition of you as a person. You're gonna be fine!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:23 AM   #6  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi,
I agree with everyone, you need to start over, you have lost weight, so you can do it again. Think of it this way if you don't stop now and start again, what will happen? Will it be worth it? Are you going to be happy? You can do this!! So today is a new day , start over and just do it!!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:47 AM   #7  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Gumboot, Quit kicking yourself and get back on track. Start right now, don't wait for Monday or tonight or whenever.

Also this might be the time to examine your plan to see what throws you off track. Are there things you could or should change to make it easier to stay on track? For example, are you planning your meals ahead of time? Have you gotten rid of junk in your house that can be hard to resist? Do you have some easy to prepare healthy snacks that you can grab when you need them? Also, I've found that it helps me to have a couple of very easy to prepare meals in the fridge/freezer.

Also, I haven't done this for a few months, but posting on the 100 lb points challenge thread helped me stay on track. I need to get back on that.

Good luck! You can do it!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:50 AM   #8  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hey, I've gained back 41 pounds of a 78-pound loss, but I'm not giving up. As long as I breathe, I will try. You can do this, too!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:16 AM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

There, that's all the kick in the butt you're going to get from me!

Now, the hug! You can do this! It isn't easy and I can say that I totally relate to what you are saying/feeling. It is so frustrating when you are going along well and then something happens to take you off track. That's what we need to fight on a daily basis. You've taken that first step and come back here for that much needed support. You are on your way!
I've missed seeing your posts here and I, for one, am really glad you are back. (although I still don't know what gumboot means... I just love the way it sounds!)

Now don't look back anymore! You're concentrating on right now and into the future. We are with you!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #10  
Happy New Rears!

Just learn by what has happened this past month. When you are stressed or tempted again remember how crappy you felt and it will keep you from losing control again, because it's not worth it. Best of luck to you!
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Is your plan so difficult that it's hard to do when you get stressed? I would take a really close look at why it was hard to stick to. Life is always going to be stressful, complicated, surprising and unexpected. How can you create a meal plan that is resilient to these external stresses?

What worked for me was planning. I planned out every meal during the week, went to the store on Sundays, bought everything I needed, packed lunches in advance, packed snacks in advance. Everything I needed to eat healthy was at my fingertips. I'd make a big pot of soup or pasta sauce or stir fry on Mondays and have "already made dinner just need to heat it up" for the next 3-4 nights.

I also made sure that everything I ate was something I liked and looked forward to. So, someone in the office brought in Krispy Kreme donuts - I had fresh raspberries, etc.

Good luck!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:13 PM   #12  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I think we have all been there. Just keep going and never give up.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #13  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
Life is always going to be stressful, complicated, surprising and unexpected. How can you create a meal plan that is resilient to these external stresses?
That's some great advice.

I do okay sticking to plan but I have to go to some functions where I am tempted with food that I shouldn't have.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:38 PM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinGirl in FatBody View Post
That's some great advice.

I do okay sticking to plan but I have to go to some functions where I am tempted with food that I shouldn't have.
And yes, there are ALWAYS going to be functions with tempting foods. You need a plan to combat that as well. Hang out near the veggie platter. Keep a glass of seltzer or water in your hand at all times. Concentrate more on the social aspect of the function rather then the food aspect. When it's all said and done with you'll be much happier having avoided all the "tempting" food. Eventually avoiding all that food becomes habit and you just won't be AS tempted.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #15  

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations on your decision to come back. It's a tough step to take, and you're very brave to have done it. (Now to face the scale...) I have a problem with frustration and perfectionism. I'm trying to convince myself that every good decision I make will add to my success, and as long as the good decisions outweigh the bad ones, things will work out eventually. If it takes me two years to get to my target weight, I'll have spent those two years skinnier than I am now, and I feel healthier and happier when I make those good decisions.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote