View Poll Results: What would be the best choice for the first dance at our wedding??
When You Say Nothing At All (Alison Krauss) 5 38.46%
Everything I Do (Bryan Adams) 0 0%
What A Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong) 1 7.69%
Its Your Love (Tim McGraw & Faith Hill) 3 23.08%
I Do (Paul Brandt) 0 0%
Other (please share) 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 02:05 AM   #1  
Canadian Chick

Angry Wow Wednesday!

Hi friends! How is everyone? Its me the sleepless night owl Its almost 1 am and I'm still wide awake. I'm starting to wonder if this sleepless thing is partly hormonal. Does anyone else have this problem around TOM? I used to not be able to sleep when I very first started TOMs way back in grade 6! When I went on the pill at 19 the sleepless nights disappeared. Now for the past six months (maybe more?) they are back. I seem to think that its around TOM for me but I could be wrong. Seems they happen too often for that??? I don't know. Hey Dr. Lori can TOM affect levels of melatonin so that there isn't enough or something so I don't feel sleepy? or maybe I have too much serotonin? I don't know. Never the less here I am again wide awake so I thought I'd come to my favorite place on the net and see what's up

I did fabulous today with being OP I managed to bank a ton o points. I know you aren't supposed to bank too many and use too many extra at a time but I know I'm going to over indulge at our Christmas party Saturday. I'm so excited for our party I have some silly games planned that I get giddy about when I'm doing the stuff to get ready for them. Plus one of my best friends is coming for a visit this weekend. She lives 5 1/2 hours away so we don't hook up very often. I can't wait! Only two more days until she arrives She's getting married this summer too so we're having lots of fun with our planning together (well via email and phone).

Spealing of wedding plans anybody have any good ideas for a song for us to dance to for our first dance?? We don't have "our own song". We've talked about it a lot but can't really come up with one that we absolutely love. I think I'll post a poll for what we've sort of decided are our finalists. For the song that the wedding party has to dance to we're using "Hooked On A Feeling" -you know that dancning baby song! Its too funny! We want everyone to loosen up and have lots of crazy fun=plus if you listen to the words they are appropriate (well not the ooga chaka ooga part!) As you can tell we're not having a formal celebration. For us the more casual the more fun! The reception is a whole ocean theme thing since we can't afford to get married on a beach we're creating our own beach-like atmosphere. Its going to be great! When I go home for the week over Christmas my Mom and I are going to start making my wedding dress!! Well first we have to make a mock one to make sure it all fits great before we cut into the good material. Its so exciting! I just hope we don't bite each others heads off in the process. My Mom is SUPER picky when it comes to things she sews and when it comes to my body nothing ever fits the way the pattern works so she can get a little testy which makes me testy. Plus she never makes decisions for altering the patterns and makes me decide the way things should go but she's the sewing expert -she usually doesn't listen to me anyway which really why should she when she's sewn way more than I ever have or desire to? Anyway sorry for babbling on. Just my late night thoughts!

Tomorrow my grandparents are going to be in the city. I won't get to spend much time with them though b/c I work. My grandma is going to come for a treatment though so that should be good! Except she always insists on paying me and I always try to get her to forget it. Not fun. She usually wins. Oh well.....

Hey Trish speaking of baby names I found out today that one of my old classmates had her baby last week and apparently didn't think the naming thing through very well. Her and her SO aren't married so they hyphenated the baby's last name including her name with it. Her last name is Thackery and they named the baby Zachary! I don't know what her SO's last name is but I hope they put it in between b/c this way it is Zachary Thackery-something! Nice and rhyming! If I was them I would definitely be calling him Zac!

In the morning I have to do a bunch of baking before work. I'm going to try this recipe I found for Carmelized Apple-Cranberry Turnovers! Its only 2 points a turnover so if they are any good I'll post the recipe for you all. I have a bunch of really yummy low point christmas baking recipes that I keep meaning to put up too. One of these days....

Anyway so sorry for babbling on! I hope everyone is doing great and not too busy with life to enjoy things Take care everyone! Talk to you later when you are all awake!

-Rina
Old 12-05-2001, 02:16 AM   #2  
Canadian Chick

Smile Oh I forgot!

My choice for song is When You Say Nothing At All (Alison Krauss) but Dallas doesn't really care for it plus he thinks it sort of hard to dance too (whatever?). His choice is Everyting I Do (Bryan Adams) but I think its way too long (8 minutes or something) and its been done a million times. The song that we BOTH seem to like the best is What A Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong) but we just don't know. The good thing about that song besides it being a great feel good song is that it is only 2.5 minutes. I don't know about you all but the idea of 400 people staring at me dancing makes me a little nervous-especially when the only kind of dancing I'm really comfortable with is rock/pop etc-somehting where not much skill is required and there's no following. I think we're going to try to take some dance lessons in the new year. Should prove to be interesting anyway
Old 12-05-2001, 08:32 AM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

rina,
i love the tim mcgraw & faith hill song!!! it is such a nice love song. it was my vote!
jen3
Old 12-05-2001, 08:41 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Rina: Yeah I'll go for the Faith Hill, Tim McGraw one, though Alison Krause has a great first name. That's so cool preparing for your wedding. My friend has started planning for hers. My best friend and I get to pick our bridesmaids dresses which will be awesome.

Jen3: howdy

Eek, my weight has gone up, so I'll be low-pointing it for a while except maybe on Friday and Sunday. I have to get myself out of my eating rut, but I have had 2 good days in a row!! Hopefully that trend will continue (today shouldn't be a problem either!). I might finally go back to the gym tonight, though I need to find a good gym with good aerobics classes. There's a new gym franchise in Ottawa that has opened a new location near me so I am thinking of seeing what they offer. I went on a chocolate kick... dumb me, I know, but I was craving chocolate all the time. Now it has seemed to subside. Hopefully that will continue too. I used to be able to go for months without chocolate... weird eh!

Anyhoo, I am just finishing a paper, so I'll be around a bit this morning (and its due tomorrow!!).

Take Care!

Ali
Old 12-05-2001, 08:41 AM   #5  
Parrothead

Default Happy Wednesday!

Hi Rina! I didn't realize your wedding was coming up so soon! It sounds like it is going to be so fun. I just celebrated my 1st anniversary in October. It seems like the wedding was just the other day! We are having a great time, though. For the song I voted other because I loved the song DH and I danced to..."At Last" by Etta James. We chose this one because we dated for a long time before getting married, so it fit us. I like all of the songs you listed, but I would choose something shorter than longer. I'm like you, I didn't want so many ppl. staring at us for a long time. We had Margaritaville for the wedding party, Blue Skys by Willie Nelson for the groom and mom, and I hope you dance for me and my dad. Have fun with the dress! Lucky you that your mom can sew. The dress was one of my most expensive items.

Well, on the WW front, I am not doing so well. I guess its still the stress of being unemployed. I haven't been to WI in over a month and I think I've gained 2 pounds. I haven't been to the gym in a month either. So, I need a swift kick in the butt to get on track. I am determined to get back on the wagon soon. I just want to get these couple of pounds off before I go back. If I can't get them off in the next few weeks, then I WILL go and face the music at WI.

Ok, sorry for the ramble. I have a second interview with a law firm this morning so keep my in your thoughts!
Kay
Old 12-05-2001, 08:45 AM   #6  
Running Babe

Kay: wow, it's early for you right now isn't it? I am glad I am alone with not being perfect on WW. I need to get the definition back that I had this summer, I looked amazing, right now I am feeling flabby (granted my weight is about the same, but I am not feeling fit). I think I need to get my rear back to the gym though, I think it will be good for me. I might splurge on a personal trainer as well next year.

Good Luck with the interview with the law firm. I am working on a legal memo right now (of course only one for class, but I guess it will be something I'll be doing a lot of in the future).

Oh yeah, I might be taking a course at the federal court this winter to become a registry clerk there. The government made a ton of cut backs to the federal court in the early 1990s and now they've decided they need people again, so my college is running a course with them. I should also get my sercurity clearance which will make it so much easier to get a summer job in government!

Take Care!

Ali

Last edited by Sweater Girl; 12-05-2001 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-05-2001, 09:34 AM   #7  
Semi-Newbie Member

Good Morning!!!

Rina: I LOVE the Alison Krauss song -- I voted for that one. It's soo beautiful Our wedding song was "You're still the one" by Shania Twain, it fit us so perfectly then, and now that we are back together after our separation it's even more appropriate. My Mom made my wedding dress too, and what an ordeal. Like you I can never find a pattern that has my size, so we had to make a "mock" one too, out of muslin. It turned out wonderful. My material for the dress was the most expensive thing we bought for the whole wedding, but the thought that my Mom made it, and I'll have it forever was well worth the $250 for the material! I'm sure you guys will have fun. I remember getting very frustrated with my Mom though...and feeling very depressed because of my size. I wanted it to be comfy rather than the normal tight fitting wedding dress, and it was perfect Good Luck! I love your beach wedding idea -- how fun!!!

Ali: I completely know what you mean about feeling flabby. This summer I felt and looked great (in my eyes, because I was 40lbs lighter). But after the separation with Jeremy I stopped working out and gained 10lbs. My clothes started fitting funny and my belly started to get the pouchy effect again!!! I'm SO glad I'm back on track, I feel soooo much better about myself, and I'm starting to feel the pouch go away! I have since lost 2.5lbs since the big 10lb gain. My jeans are even fitting losely again! YIPPIE!!! Sorry about the chocolate attack...luckily I don't have that prob too often, but when I do I gotta have a snickers. Hope you can stop your craving!! Oh, and good luck with the new course! Sounds like that would be fun!!!

TxAggie : Good luck with the interview. I'm sure being unemployed and stressed about bills and stuff would put a damper on your weight loss, and even your motivation. I hope you get back on track soon...and really hope you find a job fast. You will definitely be in my thoughts!!!!

I'm feeling WONDERFUL today, and again really proud and excited about being OP again!!! This is the first week since before Easter that I'm really focused and staying on track!!! The eating breakfast thing has really really helped! I wish I would've started it sooner.

Jeremy and I had a little spitter spatter last night. Over something stupid and so minut. I think a lot of it has to do with me pms'ing, and had a serious headache. I feel really silly for it now...and will try to make it up to him tonight. Of course arguments are normal, but this is kind of our first one since being back together...and I think we both blew it way out of proportion.

I'm stumped at what to buy Jeremy for Christmas, and it's really starting to worry me. Last year I got him a police scanner which I thought was really cool...and he only uses the alarm clock part -- not the scanner! Waste of money. The year before I bought him a really great set of drums. He LOVES playing, and often plays with his Dad in his band...but he doesn't get as much use out of them as I thought he would. Why is it so darn hard to buy for him!?!? This year I'm thinking maybe I'll buy him a membership to the local gym! He was working out earlier this year...but of course after the separation we both stopped our great habits. He did lose 40lbs though (first time on a diet in his life!), and here I lose a measly 31lbs. Everyone comments how how great he looks...but no one seems to notice me. Oh well...such is life! Any way, that's the ONLY thing I can think of. That way we can both do something together and it'll be GOOD for us. I know he needs new clothes too since lose the weight...but that's boring stuff. I always try to get him something BIG.

Well, I should get back to work. I'm SOOO glad I found this place, I really feel at home. And I'm getting the support and encourgement that I really do need!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!!
Old 12-05-2001, 10:29 AM   #8  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default "Heaven"

I voted for Other. I love the song "Heaven" I don't know who it's by, but it was featured in The Green Mile. Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers danced to it in some movie. I absolutely love that song!!
We didn't have a dance, but one of my bridesmaids sang "From this Moment" by Shania Twain. SHe did an awesome job, too!
Ok, boss is in a good mood right now so I don't want to blow it.
More later!
btw...I gained 1.3 last night, but I know where it is. So, i'm not bummed.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:05 PM   #9  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default I"M BACK

I haven't even had time to lurk lately. I have been crazy busy as usual. I thought I would stop in. Just a small update I am actually doing well I have lost 7pds in the last month That is exciting for me b/c I have been at a stand still forever mainly b/c I was way off program. It is amazing how you can lose when you are OP SEriously though it is going well.

Rina- I voted for What a Wonderful World. It is a classic! My 2nd choice was When YOu Say NOthing however your DF may have a point about tdancing to it. I also love Kay's pick.

Ali- Hey good luck on the paper. All of my friends are dealing with that end of the semester stress too. Fortunately for me I am finished with my class and opted not to take the final.

Jen3 Hey thanks for popping in!

Kay- I love "AT Last" it is so beautiful and her voice is amazing. If BF an I get married I would like to have that b/c we did the whole "When Harry Met Sally" thing. We have been friends forever.

Mandie- HI we haven't met. Glad you are enjoying our message board. I understand the PMS thing. Sometimes I scare myself

Stacey T- Hi Hope all is well

I will check in later or tomorrow it is nice to be back and hopefull I will be able to check in at least a couple of times a wk.

Becky
Old 12-05-2001, 01:36 PM   #10  
Canadian Chick

Default Back after a little sleep

Well I managed to sleep about three hours-argh! Luckily I have a slow day at work with only a few clients and I don't have to go in until 3. So until then I'm just bumming around.

You guys have some great ideas for songs! I love Heaven! I love old movie musicals! At Last is so good too by the time the wedding actually happens we will be less than two months away from being together for 5 years! Shania Twain songs are big around here too. My Dad got remarried this past summer and he had that too. It was funny b/c we took the bride out for kareokee a couple night before the wedding and by chance some girl sang their wedding song and my dad's fiance started bawling!! It was so sweet!

Ali, sorry to hear about the chocolate attack! I thought that would be me cuz its TOM but it hasn't called my name YET! You're going to take another course? Would this federal court thing be a filler until you finish your other classes?

Kay-hi! Glad to hear you've got a second interview! I wish the best of luck I think it would be very hard to maintain a straight course with life in upheaval. Its hard enough when everything is normal. You'll gte back at it when life settles down I'm sure.

Mandie, One good thing is that my Mom is an assistant manager at a fabric store and she gets a 50% discount! And the owner said that if we agree to hang the dress on display after she might even give it to us for less than that! Cool Sorry to hear you and Jeremy had a spat. That's life though. I know what you mean about buying guys gifts. So hard. Lucky for me this year we decided that we'll buy ourselves a DVD player and that's good enough

Hi Stacey! Sorry about the gain. Just keep at it and it'll be gone in no time When I think of your boss I always picture some tall lady with a tight face wearing tight black leather and carrying a huge whip while walking like she has a stick up her butt!!! A work-****!

Hi becky! Glad to see you're back. 7lbs is so great!! You must be excited! Hope you have time to pop in again

Where is everybody? We haven't heard from so many 'regulars' in some time. Come out or come back people! Everyone seems so busy at this time of year. Talk to you all later. Thanks again for your input on our song

-Rina
Old 12-05-2001, 01:48 PM   #11  
Semi-Newbie Member

Rina: That is SO cool about the discount for your material! You truly can't beat that!!! You will definitely have to posts pictures when it is completed -- I bet it'll be gorgeous!!!
And the DVD player for both sounds like a really great idea. I might throw that at him see if he likes that idea. It would be so cheaper for us in the long run!!

Hi Becky! I really do love it here. It has helped me so much already!!!

Stacey T: So sorry about the gain, but glad you aren't too bummed about it.
Old 12-05-2001, 03:42 PM   #12  
A Yankee in Virginia

Rina: Of those, Alison Kraus! I love that song. Other ones I love are "In this Life," by either Bette Midler or Colin Raye (I like his better), or "Somebody" by Depeche Mode.

I can't write much cuz I'm swamped. Second day in a row, someone was hit by a bus. But I just have to say: WEIGHT WATCHERS SUCKS! I dragged myself to WI today and was told since it had been 5 weeks, my membership was discontinued and I'd have to rejoin — for $15! So I didn't. I might rejoin when there's free registration in a few weeks, but not that meeting. You think they'd try to do something to help keep you on your weight loss journey, but no.

Grrr. OK, whining done. Gotta run.

Last edited by kimobi; 12-05-2001 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2001, 04:16 PM   #13  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Kim: That sucks!! That's exactly why I pay in advance. That way, I make an effort whether I really want to or not! It keeps me honest. Although, it keeps on getting more and more expensive to pay 20 weeks in advance!!!
I'm going to the symphony tomorrow night! There is a Yuletide concert every year featuring Former Miss America, Susan Powell. She has a craft show on HGTV. Anyways!
I'd better get back to work.
A coworker brought donuts and I didn't have a single one!!!
yeah me!
Hey, Kirsty, Lolly, JenL is in Vegas, Belle, where in the heck are you guys!! Come out and post!
Now I'm getting back to work!! actually I'm going to the kohl's website since there is a half off sale today! Yippee!!!
Old 12-05-2001, 04:28 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Stacey: I prepay, too, with those coupons. I have about 5 left in the booklet, but apparently they can still discontinue you if you don't WI for 5 weeks!
Old 12-05-2001, 04:57 PM   #15  

Had to throw in a song choice, "Amazed" by Lonestar, great wedding type song (if you like country!)
I'm not sure what's happening with my weight recently, I think my metabolism finally kicked back in and realized its still there. I know you aren't suppose to weigh in every day but I've done it out of curiosity and I've been down 1-1.5lbs/day for the past week and a half, for a total of 8 lbs. To top it all off I haven't really been sticking to my ww plan and only doing my tae bo 3-4 times/week. Maybe this is all finally coming together after 3 months of stand still. . . I might actually make my Christmas goal after all!
Closed Thread