Old 06-06-2007, 05:37 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something Chat Wed June 6

Good Morning!!!
GG--Love the house!! I am a fan of the porches!! I want a new house soooooo bad...I am beginning to hate being in a house another woman had picked out...but I have to figure out if I want a house with DH or without!!!
Lauren--good luck!!!

Ok--it has been awhile--Big Helooooooo to all!!!
off to work..late already and I dont care!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:48 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Default 30 Somethings chat: Wed June 6th

Morning all! I am cheating a little bit today......Got DH off to work and postponed workout until after kids go to school. I needed to get online and get some business brochures ordered, so I wanted to do it early as I am still working with the dinosaur dial-up!! Out here in the sticks, we don't get that cable stuff!

Michelle~Glad you got to see the baby, I cannot even imagine how hard this has to be on you! Hang in there though, it will get better.

Hanna~How was the school? Hope you are feeling more at ease now! What a sweet DH you have too!

I cannot remember who said it, but What does "FEEP" stand for??? I know it will probably be one of those 'duh' moments, but I had to ask.

I am a wood lover, so I just *Cringe* when I see that people are painting wood. Oh it hurts me so! As I have said many times before, our house is old, so alot of the woodwork is beautiful, but much of it is painted, so one of the goals in this life is to eventually have the woodwork stripped of all paint. My FIL and I have done 3 of the bedroom doors and they look Beautiful! I am so in love with those doors! I started some of the trim upstairs, but have not finished because I ran into a snag.....some of the first paint that was used must have been like a wash because there is no getting some of that deepest color off. So it is on hold until I can do my homework and figure out how to remedy it. It may just require alot of elbow grease and sanding, YUK!

Well, off to tend to the business end of things. Have a great day!!
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Darcy...refresher... FEEP = Fun Earned Exercise Points If ya' know what I mean... wink, wink.
For the record, if I lived in an old house with beautiful woodwork, I would not paint it...even if it was oak, but it's usually chestnut anyway, that's what my brother has.

RR, Nice to see you!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:42 AM   #4  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hi everyone

It has been very busy with funerals and all life is starting to settle somewhat. I will have to read the last week of threads to catch up.

Take care
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:51 AM   #5  
Lil' Momma

S/C/G: 180/173/115

Height: 4'11"

MO~ Thanks for posting the pics of your house. I live in a little bitty house too (right at 1000 sf) and I applaud you for being brave enough to use such bold colors. I'm so afraid to go bold for fear it will overpower my small spaces. As a matter of fact DH and I have almost completely finished remodeling our little place and he says that when we sell it (someday) people will call it the brown house. Brown siding, brown counters, cream and brown cabinets, cream tile, laminate wood floor, yeah it's brown. So, I'm very jealous of your ability to use bright colors with out fear. You go girl!

Hannah~As someone who has spent nearly a decade in education I know the importance of finding the right school and the right people to be your teammates in working with your son. I hope the visit went well and the school met your expectations.

As for me I'm still going strong. I've been walking morning and evening and I've gone five walks in a row with out missing one. May not sound like much but for me, it's usually one walk and that's it. Unfortunately everything from head to toe is sore and hurting.

My morning walk was really messing with DS's morning nap time so, in a move that is totally out of character for me, I got up at about 5:45 this morning and was out and walking at 6am!!!! Left DS and DH still in bed. I really enjoyed it. It was cool and peaceful.

Now that school is out and I'm home with DS, finding 10 peaceful minutes where I don't feel the need to do laundry or vaccum or sweep or mop or whatever is nearly impossible. So, I think I'm going to continue walking early. Especially since summer is soon going to make the Texas heat unbearable.
4me4ben4will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/165/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies!!! Look forward to getting to know all of you!
MLN2603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Good Mornin' Girls!! (and let us not forget Rooster Man!)

Welcome Newbies! So good to read new posts from new people.

4me ~ glad to see that you're back. Also, great to read of your walking every day. I was doing really well with my morning exercise (if I don't exercise in the a.m., it doesn't happen) and then happened to hit the snooze button on the alarm one morning. One morning turned into ten... So, don't hit the snooze button!! Keep up the good work.

Sheila ~ we missed you! Hope that you're well. How is your daugher doing these days?

Nail lady ~ don't hate me!!! We have an 81 year old home and we painted all of the woodwork white... I'm shaking in my shoes just thinking about how you are undoubtedly filled with utter contempt for me... This old house has layers upon layers of paint and it was just easier to repaint than strip. We're moving in two weeks (yippee!!) and our new home is only 14 years old. I love this old house but I'm so excited about having more than one outlet per room and CLOSETS!

RR ~ your posts crack me up. Man, I wish that I had half your energy...

Hanna ~ what a sweet man you have! He sounds like a gem. Let us know how the new school looked when you get time.

Morning Lauren, Lisa, Melinda Baby, Michelle, Milagro (where are you girl, still having computer problems?), KarenK, and... who did I forget

You won't be hearing from me as much in the coming weeks (we leave on vacation this weekend, come home for a few days and then move). I'm so excited!!! Have a great day everyone Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

How could I forget GatorGal????? Love the new house!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #9  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning all my PMS is hitting hard and the hag hasnt even showed up yet ARGG
RR~ hang in there i couldnt imagine being in your situation and having to deal with what you do you are a strong woman for doing it this long just pray the answers will come
GG love your house i cant belive the prices out there shoot i could buy 3 of those homes for the price of my one and yours comes with land LOL really beatiful thoe
Joan~ have a great vacation
LBH~Darcy I also love original wood my grand father owed a huge antiuqe (sp?) shop that i grew up in and i love old wood work
MLN~ you'll love it here
Shelia hang in there girl
4me~ DAMN GOOD FOR YOU i cant seem to get off my arse knowing darn well i need to
hello to every one i missed take care and i'll check in later
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:24 PM   #10  
Sherry

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all,

I am being a hater today. I am so jealous of all of the talk about buying a house. We are definetly buying a house next time we move. Congrats to everyone on their house. Have you heard anything yet Lauren?
I was also taking a little pleasure in seeing my neighbor getting in trouble for not mowing their grass. We have yard inspections every other week. I know that sounds terrible, but last July their son went past our car on his bike. No rubber protector on his handle bar.....scratch from front to back. We have a $500 deductible on the insurance. The neighbors said they would pay but it has been almost a year now. They have one excuse after another. I am so frustrated with the whole thing. We were friends before all of this. I have tried to be nice but I think it is time to take them to claims court. If we have a court order we can have his wages garnished. I've never been to court but I have watched a lot of Judge Judy.

I have been good with my exercising and not too bad with the eating. I don't want to weigh myself until Monday. I think I need a new scale. I stepped on it on Monday 3 times in a row and got 3 different weights. I like the lesser of the 3.

I have tons of housework so I should get going. I'll chat later

Sherry
J K L A s Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi every one !
We went to see the new school last night, I am glad we went, I am very happy with we saw so far, I liked the teacher a lot! the principal was great! we met the rest of the staff psycologist, art teachar, music teacher and computer lab teacher, I am very happy! it looks like a good place for Sean, too bad it is such a far drive, it is what it is! I am going in with a smile and a positive attitude, we didn't get there for no reason, so I am going to stay as positive as I can!
Didn't have time to post earlier today had a very busy day. Took my neighbor to the airport at 9:30 didn't get there till 10:30 traffic was horrible.
I went to see the OBG today, I have to have a hysterectomy, it is scheduled for the 20th. I a very worried about the help I may or may not have for Sean, he is definelty a handful. I am not too sure DH will be able to be home for the first 2 weeks after surgery home to be here when the bus drops him off. FIL said he will help as much as he can, he is a very great man, he is 81 yrs. old and very strong! Thank G-d!

Hi Joan!

Lauren did I miss any news on the house?

Michelle how are you doing? how is the baby? have you heard any more from your daughter?

Karen I am so sorry for your situation I hope you can get things work out with DH, I bet is hard!

Darcy I love wood too, DH and I used to refinish antique furniture all the furniture in my office is restored antiques, they are gorgouse! and we just remodeled our kitchen cabintes, we put in cherry wood with a spice glace finish, it is to die for!

Sherry sorry about the neighbors I know what you mean about the scale, I weight more in the morning when I first wake up than later in the afternoon :confused:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kictchen 1a.jpg (48.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 1234.jpg (44.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 12345.jpg (49.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 123456.jpg (48.7 KB, 11 views)
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

sorry the pictures got duplicated!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:33 PM   #13  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Joan
My little girl is doing ok she is getting sick again I think but it could be from all the stress.

Thanks for missing me sure makes me feel wanted.

sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:28 AM   #14  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

sheila forget you NEVER your always here for us
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote