Old 06-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #1  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Default June SlimFast-ers

Happy June!

Come on in to chat about whatever boost SlimFast gives to your fitness/weight loss - very informal threads each month. Whoever has something to say, just start that month's thread and we'll jump in.

Be sure and check the last few posts of the May thread if you missed them, for tleef's and momma04930's first posts.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:56 PM   #2  
Whittlin

momma04930, part of tleef's post was a good answer to your meals question, although I guess you'll probably keep your meals pretty simple when on the road.

Will have to check out that pasta with peanut sauce recipe. Good advice on using the SlimFast resources.

For me, well, I did drop the pound and start June off at 145, so I'm feeling pretty happy at a 25-pound loss.

Interested to hear how some of the SlimFast-ers we haven't heard from in a while are doing. Anybody have a compliment to tell ?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #3  
My body in 6 mos!

S/C/G: 161/See Ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello from Newbie!

Hi there, really excited to see this category. Just started my Slim-fast plan on June 1 and started my first blog. My beginning weight on June 1 was 155, lost 1 pound and now 154. My mini-goal is 135 by August 1st - my long term goal is 125. Journaling my daily food intake on FitDay and allowing 1,300 calories a day. I usually have a shake and banana for breakfast, large salad with lean protein for lunch, shake & half sandwich for dinner and two snacks a day usually slimfast snack bar with fruit. Walking the dog after work 40 minutes (2 miles) then running off to the gym at least 4-5 times a week for at least a 45 min. cardio workout. I'm so determined this time! Need to leave work right now but really excited to check out the posts when I get home (from the gym).

Looking forward to sharing and the support to keep on target,
Dee Dee

155/154/135 - 52 years old and 5'3"
deedee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:03 PM   #4  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Glad to see ya'll on here.

I'm very pumped about using the Slim-Fast plan this time as I love the online tools/recipes as well as they've added so many more options for the plan. I love that I can log excercise and see how many calories it has burned according to my weight and the duration. I love that there is a water log and now I can be accountable even about my water intake. I find that writing everything down helps a lot and I love that the website gives me a meal plan (for as long as I want) and I can tweak it to fit my preferences.

Wow Whittlin! 25lbs, that's fantastic! Did you do it all with Slim-Fast?

And deedee10, I hugely admire your commitment to excercise...it's so important for any diet plan to work!

Cheers All,
Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:59 PM   #5  
Whittlin

dee dee, it's good to hear about your determination and congratulations on your first pound. I'm supposedly 51 but I see no particular evidence of it! Welcome - hope you can post often.

Tamara, exercise has also been a big part of what I've been able to accomplish. I do video workouts faithfully - have chatted about them in a previous SF thread. But I've probably had at least one SlimFast shake a day all the while (mostly the powdered) and would really have to give the shakes a lot of credit for how I've been able to master my cravings and stick with sensible eating. The photographs of a sample day at the site have kept me from any confusion about what (and how much) to eat or substitute for my weight - not having to spend mental energy on it is priceless!

Got an email saying the SlimFast site has a whole new look. I'd already noticed some changes. The "Dashboard" is a right-hand margin area that has all the tools at a glance (menu, fitness, water intake, weight). I use their weight chart and fitness (exercise) calendar mostly. While they were redoing the site I hit the 25-pound mark and that was the second goal I'd met there. So I had to wait to put it in until after all the new bells and whistles were up. But still there was no acknowledgement. I would think they would want to have your page give some kind of an acknowledgement that your goal has been met. But even though the pound number changed, it still just said what it said before, "Good job! You’ve lost 25 lbs so far. All your hard work is paying off. Every little bit counts." Oh well, that's a nice affirmation.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #6  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Smile New here

Hi,

I am new here at the forum, looking for something that moves faster than the slimfast Canada site (not much posting there). I started slimfast in early May and have lost almost 11 lbs so far. My mini goal is to lose another 10 by the end of July (vacation) and then be at 155 by November (my birthday).

I'm walking the dog every morning, doing a workout video 2-3 times a week and using our exercise bike a couple of mornings a week too. That and time with my 3 children. My biggest food challenge is evening snacking, I've been good until this week which has slipped a bit (hence no weight loss in the last week). Looking for support and camaraderie.

Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:59 AM   #7  

Hey all! I almost started a June thread myself--I'm so glad Whittlin takes care of us Slim-fasters!!!

I'm down 9 pounds! My goal for next Tuesday's weigh-in is to be down one more (at least).

It's great to see that several people are in this together--we can definately keep each other motivated!

I haven't been doing as much on the exercise front as I should. Just playing around outside every afternoon for a few hours. It seems as though there isn't enough time in the day! I guess at some point I'm gonna have to start getting up early in the morning as much as I hate to do it!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:41 PM   #8  
Changing My Lifestyle

Hi Jax,

Nice to see you on this thread. Congratulations on 11 lbs lost! I started on May 23 and I started @ 225 and today was 216.5. I did Slim-Fast quite a few years ago and lost 40 lbs in 6 months. I felt great, but then stopped maintaining and working out and of course the weight came back on. The plan then was so much more limited than it is now. I follow the meal plan 100% that is generated for me on the slimfast.com website. I love that I can substitute certain snacks/meals if I don't like them or if I want to switch them up to finish off produce that may be on it's way out. I'm finding that I'm extemely satisfied with the quality and quantity of food I'm eating and don't ever feel lke I'm missing out or deprived. I've added a couple of recipes and food items to my profile and because I've put all the nutritional info in for each when I use those as substitutes they are still tracked in my daily calorie/nutrition log. I've found a divine recipe using FF jell-o chocolate pudding, Cool Whip Light and Strawberries. It's only 80 calories per serving and everyone in my house loves it. I know that the Cool Whip isn't terrific becuase of tranfat, but it's a nice treat if you can keep it to once a month. As for your evening snacking, try doing your walk with puppy in the evening and drink a litre of water after you have your evening snack (I try to do this no later than 7:30 PM). I find that if I occupy my time and drink water/herbal tea my urge to snack at night is significantly reduced. Good luck and if you want to exchange any recipes or anything let me know.
Cheers, Tamara
Old 06-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #9  
Getting there...

Post thanks for the welcome

Hi Tamara,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not following the slimfast meals - I make my own meals and just keep them at 600 calories or so, with the appropriate balance of protein, veggies etc. I'm not good at following meal plans, I like to cook and invent things too much. What I like about slimfast is it's easy for me and fits with having a family meal in the evening. It's hard to get children to eat what everyone else is eating if mum isn't doing that herself!

Walking the dog in the evening doesn't really work because we're usually busy with the boys stuff and then it's later on - a time I'm not too keen on activity since I don't sleep well. The morning works because my husband is up and not yet at work. I'm not too worried about a slight gain this week as I lost lots last week (4.6 lbs) and so it averages to my usual 1-2 lbs, plus AF has just arrived so I usually retain water at that point. my big thing in the evening is to remember to drink enough water, I'm great earlier in the day but seem to get distracted at night.

Are you using the US slimfast site? You mention lots of things that I've not seen on the Canadian one.

Anyway thanks again for the welcome and cograts on your weight loss also. May we all continue downwards!

Jax
Old 06-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #10  
Whittlin

I couldn't find current chat about SlimFast either - the Canadian site does have some and I have read and appreciated it, but yes it is slow moving. The US site's "buddy" concept is not helpful for me. I just want to chat - finding only specific buddies yet never learning what anyone else is thinking doesn't appeal to me. Anyway, I agree, glad we are here.

Great job on 11 pounds, Jax, 9 pounds 4myself, and almost 9 pounds for tleef already, too.

Puddings - the reason I like to give my family pudding desserts is that it is a dessert without white flour, so I won't retain water from it. I have a lot harder time with white flour carbs than with sugar carbs. If the family is really looking for something substantial instead, I can always pour their servings into those individual Graham Cracker pie crusts (found them for a little over a dollar yesterday - they're usually a good value) and still just pour mine into dessert cups.

Complained to another store manager about not stocking enough powdered SlimFasts. Every time I remind them that sales of that product means sales for their dairy section, too. I think SlimFast is making a mistake introducing so many new items. The grocery managers are only going to give so much space, so they end up stocking all the different snacks and squeezing basic products out. The other day I saw a display of so much SlimFast but when I got closer it was all snacks and meal bars - they were giving only a small area to a poor selection of canned shakes.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #11  
Changing My Lifestyle

Default Still dropping...!

This morning my weight was 215! That's more than 10lbs in just under 3 weeks...Ya Hoo!

I don't use the chat or buddy part of the Slim-Fast US or Canadian site, but I use the US site every day and I live by the meal plan. If there is something that I don't like or want to sub I just use the substitution and pick what I like.

I had what felt like a junk food night on Saturday, but really it was all worked into my meal plan (I add foods on a regular basis) and becuase I had skipped my morning/afternoon snacks (I was busy working in the garden and didn't even realize it) I had a bunch of DRI to make up and a bunch of free calories. I got to have a 100 calorie bag of popcorn, a Cadbury Thin Dark Chocolate bar (100 cal) and a glass of diet soda. It felt like such a treat and yet the scale was down in the morning! I won't do that often, but it was nice to know that I wasn't actually cheating! I also joined Curves on Saturday and am greatly looking forward to starting regular work outs. I love the idea of just 30 minutes and then I can still take my dog for a walk in the evening and it's just that much more exercise. I was actually surprised that the girls at Curves were so supportive of the the Slim-Fast plan I'm on since they do have their own line of weight loss stuff, but they just said it's good that I'm eating so well and that I'll feel better for it (and it will help my workouts!).

Anyhow good job to everyone...does anyone want to make a goal for the week of June 11 - 17?

My goal is another 2 lbs by Sunday...I'm going away on Friday for the weekend, but I'm arming myself with all my RTD shakes and MOG bars as well as we're doing a picnic on the way to the mountains on Friday so I'm going to make sure I have some healthy snacks in the cooler for the weekend. Banff has a grocery store close to our lodge as well so I can pick up fruit etc, should I need it. I'm going to have to be very careful at the restaurants we eat at, but I think I have pretty good self control and I'm getting so much better at judging portions so let's hope all goes well. I'm really looking forward to it!

Cheers, T
Old 06-11-2007, 10:14 AM   #12  
Getting there...

Thumbs up 2lbs week goal

Hi all,

A 2 lb loss this week sound good. I'm in! I weigh myself on Sunday mornings so I will check then...

I often miss my snacks during the morning too - that's when I do my workout and sometimes I'm busy in the house or garden so things kind of get left behind. I find if I delay my lunch and snack late I eat more in the evening so I tend to ignore the snack and just go to my lunch shake.

I don't think Canada has the range of slimfasts that the US has - it seems every country is different. I only use the shakes, I find the meal bars too sweet and can make my own healthy snacks (usually fruit and protein). On the occasion I want a muffin my banana ones aren't any more calories than the slimfast ones so I just make those. On the US site I noticed the shakes come in several different "versions" - we don't have that here, so there is always plenty of stock at the store in both RTD and powder. I do notice that the nutritional info is different for products in different places too. I remember last time I did slimfast my sister in the UK was also using it, and she could get smoothies in addition to the shakes/bars. Not sure why that would be but I guess it has to do with demand.

I ordered some more exercise DVDs yesterday - I need some more variety in my workouts. Hopefully they'll be here soon.

Have a great week everyone,
Jax
Old 06-11-2007, 12:11 PM   #13  

Whoo-hoo!!

Down one more pound this morning! Even though my "official" Slim-Fast weigh in isn't 'till tomorrow I HAD to change my ticker!

Yee-haw!

We're all doing such a great job!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #14  

I decided on a semi-whim last night to give the old Slim-Fast a try.
I'm trying to lose the accumulated weight gain from two babies born since last January (and in the interest of full disclosure, the 10 pound weight gain between getting married and getting pregnant the first time...for a total weight loss goal of 50 lbs).

I lost 50 pounds in 2001 so I know I can do it. Back then I started by going on Slim-Fast, then after getting motivated by the initial results, going on a more moderate calorie-counting plan. I've been having trouble sticking to the moderate calorie counting plan, so I decided to start over again with Slim-Fast.

I love the absolute nature of it, you don't have to think and it makes it easy not to cheat. I love that I get so sick of it after a week that I am grateful to eat healthy foods. I love that it reminds me that a grumbling stomach is a good thing, and that sets me up for success down the line. I don't need to go running for food at the first rumble.

So that's my story! I'm glad I found this thread!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #15  
Changing My Lifestyle

Welcome to the Slim-Fast Plan Amy!

I also did the plan many years ago and dropped 40lbs. Over the years eating fast food, lack of exercise and poor food choices have made me gain the weight back, but I'm back at it and since May 23/07 I've lost 11lbs. I love the slimfast.com (US website) as it gives me a full meal plan with snacks and meals and with all the new products it's so much easier to follow than it was before. I don't find my tummy grumbling very often these days, unless I get tied up and can't eat a snack/meal on time. I've found that with all the fruits/veggies/whole grains/protein that I eat every day that I rarely feel the urge to cheat. I also love that I can find a recipe online and add it to my plan and use it whenever I like and it still tracks the nutritional information for me. I'm averaging about 1400 calories a day and I feel so much better than even a few weeks ago. I just joined Curves and am very much enjoying the workout there as well. It's so easy to give up 30 minutes, 3 x a week...Last time I did SF I would be at the gym for 2 hours just to get a decent workout and that made it hard to keep up the committment sometimes. I'm still looking for another 60lbs or so to lose, but I'm pleased with how things are going and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I am.
Cheers,
Tamara