South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #1  
Ok, that was disturbing.

Default How many carbs, even good carbs, in a day?

This may be the wrong question to ask but as I look at what I want to eat in a day is there a goal number of net carbs to stay within? While I understand what makes a "good carb" (whole grains) how many of even good carbs should I eat?
And can someone please explain how to get a food's net carb count. Is it protein+fiber-sugar-carbs=net carb?
Thanks!
Old 06-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #2  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

I try to eat less carbs than protein, personally. That's what works for me. SB isn't a carb counting diet though so there really isn't a goal number. As long as you are eating your recommended servings of carbs and not exceeding it, you should be fine.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just eat only good carbs and you'll be fine. Ignore the whole net carbs thing - it's controversial at the moment and IMHO was invented to sell low carb products.
I am eating Phase II and use Fitday. My carbs are usually 50-60% of my daily calories and I aim for 20-35 grams of fiber. However, I don't obsess over it - this is a way of life, not a diet.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #4  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Net carbs is total carbs minus fiber.

But yeah... don't worry about the actual number. On SB I always end up with more calories from FAT than anything else!
Old 06-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

I've by no means been doing SB for very long but I have never even given a thought to the amount of carbs i'm getting daily. Thats what I like best about this WOE, not having to calculate. And its working wonderfully
Old 06-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #6  
Ok, that was disturbing.

Thanks all. I don't know why I have been obsessing about this. I like to plan things so I'll just make food plans for the day and feel better.
Closed Thread