Old 06-02-2007, 02:00 AM   #1  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Exclamation New and Skeptical

Hey all! This is a great site and I learned more from you guys than from my free consultation at LAWL this afternoon. I can't help but wonder if I am getting scammed paying $600 for 44 weeks plus the LA lites. I told her I would think about it bc it is just so much money. I've read a lot of the posts on here and it's awesome everyone has had such a good experience, but is there any room to barter with them on the price? Also, I've never been part of an organized weight loss before (I lost on Atkins and gained twice as much back) how can I make the most of the system?

Thanks for all of your support!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:36 AM   #2  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

You can make the most of your program by following it wholeheartedly. It is too easy to think you could do it halfway but the one thing I can say if you go in knowing you are going to follow their plan, their way, you WILL lose the weight. Think of this site and all of us as a supplement to your COD. Many of us can attest--me because I tried and gained--but once I starting trying to manipulate the plan--I gained. It IS a lot of money but I would write that check all over again, even knowing all I know about the plan. Good luck with your decision.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:48 AM   #3  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

What I can tell you is that there are plenty on this board that are doing the program without a center. I'm not one of them. I need the accountablility of someone monitoring my progress that isn't me, if I'm only accountable to myself then I'm a lot more likley to cheat. If I know I'm paying someone to keep track for me, I'm a little more on top of things. I didn't have nearly as much to lose as you did, but with the eating habits I had before starting LAWL, I was a disaster waiting to happen.

Take the weekend to think over your options . . . it's not a tiny decision to make, but you as a person have to be happy with it.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #4  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Thanks for the responses! I'm going to really make sure I am ready and also figure out how to pay for it, but hearing all of your success stories is amazing.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:31 PM   #5  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Amy,

If you break it down to a weekly price for the 44 weeks, you are paying about $5.90 a week including your stabilization and maintenance. Not bad if you look at it that way. I know the pay up front thing is a shocker and then when they give you the price for the lites, you just about want to run away screaming. When I went in for the consultation, I took the information and told her I wanted to discuss it with DH. I had made up my mind on the way home that I was going to do it anyway.

What you can do is set your goal higher right now, say like for 40 or 50 lbs. You can always go back and buy more weight loss weeks later, that would save you on lites too to start. My COD runs specials on weeks and stuff all the time and sometimes the prices are better then too. You can also just outright ask if that is the best deal they have. Ask if they are going to have any better deals coming up in the near futures like at an open house or something.

I don't think you are getting scammed and I would fork over the money again if I had to do it all over again.

Some centers have different types of payment plans, make sure you ask about that.

Good luck
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 229/213/150

Height: 5'7

I bet they will work with you on the cost and payment. I went in and she said it would be 165.00 a month and I told her HMMMM. She said can you pay that much monthly? I told her no. SHe said what could you afford I said , I could do 100.oo a month. She said ok we will do it that way I will pay monthly longer but I can now afford it. I buy bars there BUT I also buy the ones at Walmart to save money.

What ever you do make sure its something you can commit to, you don't want to spend money and then toss it away.
Good luck in your decision!
6digmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 7'

My friend at work is doing this program and has a lot to lose. She set a goal of 50 lbs and then bought more time. This seems sensible.

Good luck!
HocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:50 PM   #8  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Thanks for all of the advice. I am going to do it! I have read this entire site (almost) and have discovered the Luna Bars/Slim Fast shake substitute and that makes it seem more plausible. I tend to be upfront with salespeople so I think I can manage to turn away the "extras" that they try to sell. I am a law student with a very tight budget, but....I unexpectedly WON a lot of money today and think it is a sign! It's more than I need to get started, so I will be back in the COD this week to officially sign up!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:08 AM   #9  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow, how cool is that? Amy, this plan really works if you work it. One note on the bars. You do not have to do them. I have not done them due to IBS, and lost really well. Your center may tell you that it will void your money back incentive if you do not purchase them, but in the end, you will still save money compared to the cost of the lites. Let us know how your appointment goes!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #10  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

I don't think many centers are doing the money-back thing anymore...seems like after Thanksgiving, they took that out of the contract. Still, as someone who joined w/o the money-back thing, I'd still say it's worth it. It's a pretty easy plan to follow, honestly, and it really does work. Welcome aboard, Amy!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #11  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Amy- Maybe it was a sign. Someone telling you that it was the right thing to do. How cool.

Some people have said that in their contract, it states that the bars are required now. I asked at my center and they said that they don't require it because it's a corporate center, but some franchise centers may make it mandatory. I don't know how they can enforce that especially if they don't do the refund or the 2 lbs. a week guarantee. If you don't want to do the lites, make sure you put down on your medical form that you have IBS or are allergic to soy and then you can get out of it. I did bulk the lites when I started and I like them, but I also sub different bars for them too. I started out with buying 75 lbs. worth of weeks and have added on since then, but haven't bought any more bars yet I still have 35 boxes left and will probably not buy any more once they are gone.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #12  

Height: 5'9"

I signed up in December so I got a super deal. Everthing was only 99 bucks when I joined. Then 76 for all my journals and the scale and videos of that icky stuff-called exercise. I think that is what keep me going is that I spend part of my daughters christmas present money on myself. I try to make though each day one day at a time.
tosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #13  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Thank you all for the support! I officially joined LAWL this afternoon and can't wait to get started. I've lost 2 pounds since my consultation just by cutting out the sweets and really cutting back my portions. I am so thankful to have found this site! I do plan on trying the bars for a while since I have the money and subbing in Lunas here and there. I know this is an investment, but what better to invest in than your own body?
I know there is a bio section, but just to introduce myself:
I turn 24 in a month. I live with my boyfriend (DB?) and our Bulldog, Maverick. I was successful on Atkins throughout college and lost about 50lbs and have gained it all back during the past 2.5 years when I moved to Northern Ca and started law school. I am finally ready to learn how to eat and can't wait to let the losing begin!
Old 06-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #14  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on joining, Amylou.......and welcome
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:04 PM   #15  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou7777 View Post
Thanks for all of the advice. I am going to do it! I have read this entire site (almost) and have discovered the Luna Bars/Slim Fast shake substitute and that makes it seem more plausible. I tend to be upfront with salespeople so I think I can manage to turn away the "extras" that they try to sell. I am a law student with a very tight budget, but....I unexpectedly WON a lot of money today and think it is a sign! It's more than I need to get started, so I will be back in the COD this week to officially sign up!
Congrats Amy!!!

Oh, by the way, there is a small convenience charge for using the LAWL forum and I happen to be the treasurer...
How much did you say you won?

Seriously, welcome...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote