General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #1  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Default HMR diet..anyone?

I'm on the HMR (Hackley Management Resources) diet and was wondering if anyone else is on it?

Anyone?
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:40 PM   #2  

Red face Thinking about it

Hi,
My girlfriend did well on this program. I am considering it but I am waiting until they offer a special on the Healthy Solutions 3 week kit. Last August they had it for about $200.00 which is quite a savings.

Do you like the entrees? Which ones are the best?

Is it hard to drink theshakes?

Best of luck to you.
Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #3  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Hey there! Glad to see someone replied. I know there are a lot of people on this diet, just not many of them visit this forum.

I think the diet is great. It's easy to stick to the Healthy Solutions and I really enjoy it. I think having the support group there though is really beneficial. However, I do know that it can be expensive. The entrees are soooo good, my favorites being Lasagna, Beef stew, Chicken Pasta Parmesean, and the BBQ chicken entree. If you google HMR you can find MANY recipes that mix up the entrees so they don't ever become boring. So if you like to cook, this will satisfy that want.

The shakes are good...I suggest the 70 plus shakes because you can make them into a pudding or shake. However, I make pancakes out of the 120's, and it doesn't really work with the 70's.

I've made up a lot of my own recipes and I hand them out at my group. This diet really works. I've lost 14 lbs in 3 weeks from staying "in the box" and exercising at least the minimum required.

I wish you luck....if you have any questions, lemme know. So how did your girlfriend do? What were her results? I'm dying to know!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:04 AM   #4  

Dear Baby Brown Eyes,
I take it that you are going to a supervised program which is exactly what my friend did a few years ago. That program is no longer available and the only local one here is run quite poorly I am told-the doc is not great.
She loved drinking only shakes and did extremely well. Her appearance changed so much that I heard her voice at the grocery store but did not recognize her at first. Her issues came when she started on regular food and she just could not manage so weight gain resulted. Now with the entrees it is probably better.

It is wonderful that the entrees are so good-you don't often hear that about meals. I tried nutrisystem meals and could not eat them so of course I lost weight then. I tink that mushroom risotto sounds good-Is it?

Can you have coffee on the HMR? I guess there is no room for milk in the coffee which would be a probem for me.

It is an expensive program considering that you also have to buy the fruits and veggies but then again being heavy is also expensive in other ways.

I have to do that google search. I am not sure what you mean by mix up the a entrees and I am not much of a creative cook.

Congratulations on your impressive weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Brown eyes which I also have are the best.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:32 AM   #5  
I DO have a BellyButton!

I actually go to the meetings but am not "medically supervised" as some of the people who do just the shakes are. If you're doing entrees and fruits and veggies as well you don't have to be medically supervised. But I still have to go to the weekly meetings. Techincally I don't even have to be in the class because I can just buy the products at the store in the Hospital here, but having the support and accountability helps.

I, too, did just the shakes a few years ago and as soon as I went back to food, I had a lot of trouble. Of course I wasn't being supervised, just did it on my own so I didn't have a lot of guidance....in fact, none. I wish you luck!

The mushroom risotto is good, although I know my mom doesn't like it. I like to put some steamed spinach in with it. It's also good mixed with the chicken soup...the Savory Chicken entree is good like that as well. There are different recipes all over the web that give your entrees variety such as putting enchiladas over lettuce with some sauteed peppers, avacado, FF sour cream, tomatoes and green onions. It makes it more like a salad. You can do the same with the Turkey Chili and it's good. You can make a Chinese Chicken dish with the Savory Chicken entree. It's just nice to have variety although I know most people like the entrees enough to leave them as they are. I just find a need to fill myself up a little more.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:02 PM   #6  
I DO have a BellyButton!

By the way, you can have coffee..anytime you want.

A good way to add creamer is to add a little bit of the shake mix. It doesn't thicken it because hot liquids keep the shake mix thin....the vanilla works great. I've heard that a 1/4 of the packet per cup of coffee. Then you're not breaking your diet. Also...with HMR "More is better" is their motto. You can have as many shakes and entrees and vegetables you need to make you feel full.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #7  

Hi,

I am new to the forum and I just received my three week supply of HMR shakes and food. I would love to have a buddy to do this diet with. I am not sure when I am going to start becasue I really want to have a good start and I have a few graduation party's in the next couple of weeks and I don't want to blow it. I am hoping this is the magic bullet! I have tried many diets before and not done well. I have a bad back and one of the medicines I am on, weight gain is listed as a side effect. I gained 20 lbs. My Dr. just changed my prescription and I asked if it was a weight gainer and said he said yes it was but had I hear about the "shake and lose" diet. He is from India and rather cute and funny. I told him I hadn't and didn't think much of a liquid diet, when you stop eating you gain it all back. He told me that he had several patients on this diet and that it wasn't just shakes and I should look it up online. I did, and I bought. It really looks pretty easy although I am not a fruit eater. I think I will be pretty soon!

Sorry for the book. If anyone reads this, I would love to hear from you.
Thanks,

Crazy Lady!
crazy lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:13 PM   #8  

I'm also doing the HMR diet and just completed my 10th week and it does work. I have lost 67 pounds in the last 10 weeks.

Last edited by kw151002; 06-06-2019 at 06:58 PM.
kw151002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #9  

Default I'm starting it next week

I went to my introductory meeting last night for HMR. I'll be starting the diet next week.

Anyone around who is still on it so we can support each other?
MariaNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #10  

Hey there MariaNC-
I just started this diet (HMR). I'm up for a diet buddy! So far, I like it except for some occasional headaches. I think it could be due to the fake sugars. I usually don't eat/drink a lot of fake sugars for that reason. A family member of mine did this diet a few years ago and lost over 100 pounds! (Sadly, she gained it back b.c she went back to her old habits).
Let me know how you're doing.
martinigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:32 PM   #11  

Hello to all, I would like to now what is the monthly average weight-loss for Healthy Solutions program and post your exercise plans how has this worked you?Thanks,Tess
tess110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #12  
Operator265

Just looked this up on-line and it looks and awful lot like Medifast, WonderSlim, New Life Styles, etc. You may want to check the Medifast SubForum under Meal Replacement Delivery for a support group.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=223
Old 04-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #13  

i would say 1-3 pounds a week is healty
devilsrule2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #14  

Red face HMR 4 me

All I can say is thank God for the HMR med supervised program. I have been going to the Torrance CA one. I Was 400 pounds when I started. lost 180! I went off the program and gained wight quickly. So now I am back on it. I hate being fat. This is the only thing that has worked for me. Good luck all, and Keep Keeping it off.
Heatwaaave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #15  

Hi Heatwaaave,

I'm just starting HMR this week. I'm doing the Decision Free. Looking forward to it. How you doing now?

I need support ... let's chat.

Thanks!
gypsywoman is offline   Reply With Quote