Old 06-01-2007, 12:23 PM   #1  

Default Unbreakable walls

Hi everyone,
Normally I weight myself in kg's because of my scale and then turn it into pounds, for the past two weeks I've been going between 80 and 82, I looked at what I eat and I've upped my protein and increased my fruit intake...strawberries...yum...I also put in more salad. It just seems that I'm never going to go below 80. I don't know what it is, it's like I know that my body just will not go below that weight, and it's so frustrating. ...I do pilates and aerobics around 5x a week and I also walk a lot. I just don't know what to do anymore. I know I'm supposed to visualize what I'm trying to achieve and by staying positive and being patient...it will happen....but I'm just starting to run out of patience....
sunshine900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:03 PM   #2  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

hi!
How many calories do you consume daily?
Do you have treat meals?
Whats the proportion of protein/fat/carbs?
How many times do you eat per day?
are you having mostly low gi (low starch low sugar) carbs?

Maybe you just need to tweak things a bit? I KNOW you can do it; you just have to figure out why the stall
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

And do you track what you are eating? Every little thing? It's important to do that at least for a while so that you can see what you are REALLY eating rather than what you think you're eating. Many studies have shown that people are wildly inaccurate when they estimate their calorie intake.
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm a big fan of tweaking too. And the best way to be able to do that is careful tracking. Then you'll have an accurate record ... something concrete ... that you can tweak.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:08 PM   #5  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilketay View Post
And do you track what you are eating? Every little thing? It's important to do that at least for a while so that you can see what you are REALLY eating rather than what you think you're eating. Many studies have shown that people are wildly inaccurate when they estimate their calorie intake.
My three kids and I started food journals a couple of weeks ago. We were amazed at how much we were really eating before! Now, we're all used to counting calories, with tremendous results.

My youngest daughter lost 6 pounds this week, for a total of seven pounds in two weeks. She had 23 pounds to lose, so now, she's got 17 pounds left. Funny thing- she went to an overnight camp for two nights with her school, so of course, she was off the diet a bit for two and a half days, and still lost the six pounds! She gives credit to the kayak for her weight loss and wants us to buy her one, LOL. All of my kids are active and play sports from August until June, then they swim all summer in our lake in the back yard. So, activity was never our problem, it was what we were eating everyday and not realizing how much it added up.

Oh, and my other two kids- my son has lost a total of 8 pounds, and my oldest daughter 6 pounds, in two weeks time. Hubby's lost 5 pounds so far. The kids are not starving on this diet, which is amazing considering their both teens. My weigh day is tommorrow, but I'm due for a visit with Auntie Flo, so I know I have fluid weight for this week and don't expect to lose anything or little, if I am lucky.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #6  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I was stuck for a few weeks too, and I thought I would lose my mind. I had started running, counting cals and running at a 1100 cal deficit every day (i use calorie-count.com). I really thought I was going to be a 156 forever.

Then I realized that I was not quite writing down everything. A bite of a kid's sandwich...handing out pretezels and eating two....finishing a kid's banana...that sort of thing. I now put in 150 cals at the beginning of the morning under the heading 'graze'. In three days, I have seen improvement.

I don't have a life that allows me to run in to enter 1/8 piece of bread, 1/2 t peanut butter, 1/4 t of jelly. I know that I am going to graze and think, "Oh, that is no big deal" but it adds up. Using my graze cals is making a difference.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Onthetee...that is a great idea to build in some grazing points. I kinda of do that sometimes by the fact that my yogurt is really 110 calories instead of the 137 that fitday says. So alot of times i'll leave things at a higher calorie just because it does help to keep me below whatever calorie range i am trying to stick to.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:22 AM   #8  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

I had another loss yesterday, and that seems to do the trick. It is hard to believe that 150 cals is making the difference, so more likely it is just that my body finally got unstuck. However, I also know that it makes me more aware of my grazing as well.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You need to figure your days calories BEFORE you eat them, For instance if you are adding them up as you go you may find yourself out of calories by 2PM.I plan all my meals ahead of time,takes me about 5 minutes in the evening to plan my menus for the following day.Most of the time I stick to it as planned, but can make changes as needed,
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote