UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/225/150

Height: 5ft7

Red face exercise bike...

Well finally, after having been GIVEN a fab bike, today i decided to get on it. 'Yes' I thought '30 minutes a day, should be great'... WRONG omg after 5 minutes I was knackered, after 7.5 mins nearly dead......... lol
Now i was thinking I dont care, I still wanna do 30 mins, so would it be ok to do 3 sets of ten minutes a day? Then gradually get better at it and increase bit by bit til I can do 30 mins?

Cheers
xx
myyear07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:14 PM   #2  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

ten mins three times a day is absolutely fine 07...I have done that on the treadmill, and it's just as good as a 30 minute straight session, a lot of people give up on an exercise if they can't do a certain amount, so a little and often is a great start... well done to you
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:24 PM   #3  

Thanks for that quick reply Chris, just what I needed to hear!

xx
Old 05-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #4  
hara hachi bu

My first time on an exercise bike, I was exhausted after a short amount of time. The second time, though, I noticed I could do dramatically more in one setting. I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to do 20 minutes within a week or so. Also, play around with the settings, the resistance, etc.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:53 PM   #5  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey there!!
First of all well done for getting on the bike! It can be hard and daunting at times! Second of all doing just ten minutes a day will 1. Improve your health 2. help you with perseverence training and 3. help you to build it up QUICKLY. For example doing 10 minutes a day will be all well and great... in three days time you'll find you can do 15 minutes... and so on and so forth.

Good luck!!!!

P.S. I'm from Cambs in the UK as well lol.
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:00 AM   #6  

phantastica and seranab,
Thanks ladies for the advice. I'm so pleased I finally got on the thing lol! Gotta keep it up now!
Speak again soon

Mona xx